Sponsored

The XL elephant in the room... no cruise control on the XL..

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XL ordered, currently Honda Ridgeline
And to everyone saying "well they're making it cheap they have to remove something on the XL" I get it.. but that's why on all the other XL model Ford trucks cruise is a part of a package that adds some other nonsense items like power mirrors for $1,000. So that you can buy it completely stripped if you really want (aka you're a pest control company or whatnot) but so that normal people can add in a few options without going crazy on the higher end trims. Even if it was $1,000 (with other nonsense like power mirrors required). Ok, then my XL would be pretty much loaded after delivery for around $24,000 but instead of a fancy (kinda ugly) XLT interior I'm going with things like sunroof and bedliner (and yes.. cruise control) for slightly cheaper. Is that really too much to ask?
Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why not just delete the AC while at it? Heck let's also delete electronic start and install a pullcord. It's not nappa leather seats.. it's cruise control. Should be standard or at least optionable.
You joke but Id 100% do an AC delete if that was an option to save even a few bucks. Absolutely useless for me, Ive never used AC in 21 years of driving.

As far as the original topic, Cruise Control not being there Im completely fine with. Im more miffed by the bare bones nature of the bed when it comes to tie downs and those neat D link options. I hope I can add that stuff after purchase. Im buying an XL to beat up, why wouldnt i want all the actual wanted add ons toys to make that easier. THAT exclusion makes no sense. You could give me crank windows and rubber floor on the XL and I wouldnt even bat an eye but if the stock/base tie downs and whatnot arent robust(or able to be added aftermarket from the dealer) then Im just wildly confused.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Hence the XL designation.

why no heated leather seats on the XL…WHY?
You are funny Mike. What do you want for $20. K these days.

James

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone see a CD player listed in the radio equipment? I hope one is standard with any radio, I don't use the radio, I have CD's to listen to.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone see a CD player listed in the radio equipment? I hope one is standard with any radio, I don't use the radio, I have CD's to listen to.
What are these "CD" things you speak of? :)

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Per the spec sheet cruise control is not available at all on the XL model. #dealbreaker.
So what? where's you entitled attitude coming from? Youth? Certainly not much history owning cars. Cruise Control has very limited usefulness unless you are driving a lot of long stretches of road with little stop and go potential like daily commuting, traffic. The base XL comes standard with a hybrid which thrives in short trips, stop and go (commuting) and city driving. There's zero point of making cruise control available in those circumstances. I grew up in SoCal and spent my entire 40 year working life there before retiring to a small rural town and only had occasion to use CC when going on long trips. Even less use for it now- 5 minutes anywhere you want to go- no need for cruise control and we have 4 vehicles with it including our RV which is the only vehicle it was really useful on trips. I don't think Ford designed the entry level XL to meet your needs and probably won't care if you decide not to purchase it from them.

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol yes what's the point in cruise control in a truck that gets 33mpg highway? Who would ever drive that on the highway? Also "entitled"? Yes I think if I am paying $24k for a vehicle optioned out I am entitled to a feature found in cars 70 years ago. It's not entitlement to ask Ford to include a feature that literally costs them $0.25 in buttons in the steering wheel.

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And yes I am moving to Los Angeles from Saint Louis and I do occasionally plan to make that 2 day drive back/forth. So yes, cruise control is absolutely required bud.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Step up to the XLT. Ford’s keeping pricing cheap on XL. Adding an option like cc without a package or trim upgrade not in the playbook.

you can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, well, you might find…..

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I wish they had an all black XLT interior. The black on blue on grey on orange is just a bit "much". A bit too toy-ish for my taste.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's such a bummer. I was prepared to order one today. Blue with hitch, bedliner, sunroof, Co-pilot 360, rear window; I was ready to add over $2,000 of options to the base truck but now I'm not sure what I'll do. I really don't like the XLT interior. I might just say "eh it's a work truck, $100 hitch only please" and say screw it to the other options. No reason to get the safety kit without cruise control, seems really stupid without that. Can't get the back window without the safety kit, so ix-nay on that. I'll just take it base with the $100 hitch and install my own bedliner too while I'm at it I guess. Ford I want to give you my money, please let me give you my money already.
Try contacting a local custom auto shop. Lots of them can add aftermarket cruise, heated seats and leather, if you are so inclined..

miata_dad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid, Eruption Green Bronco, Chevy Bolt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use CC everyday and pretty much always have. It's very frustrating it's not at least an option. What I think is crazy is that the sunroof is available but not cruise. This is probably the only vehicle with that available combination from the factory built today.

I'm wondering if the infotainment could somehow be programmed to incorporate it. It wouldn't be the ideal solution, but could work.

Leuf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's funny because my S10 has crank windows and manual locks (and the only way to lock the driver's door is from the outside with the key) but it DOES have cruise control. Ironically though I hate cruise control and never use it.