Sponsored

The XL elephant in the room... no cruise control on the XL..

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XL ordered, currently Honda Ridgeline
Per the spec sheet cruise control is not available at all on the XL model. #dealbreaker.
Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Many clamoring for cheap truck. Ford delivered. With such comes with no or extremely limited options/ features especially on cheap truck with base model trim.

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hence the XL designation.

why no heated leather seats on the XL…WHY?
Why not just delete the AC while at it? Heck let's also delete electronic start and install a pullcord. It's not nappa leather seats.. it's cruise control. Should be standard or at least optionable.

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How can it have "co-pilot 360" with freaking lane keep assist and automatic braking but not have cruise control? That's like saying yes you can option this XL steak with blue cheese crumbles or garlic aoli.. but ketchup is reserved for the XLT steak only.

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Not sure what to tell ya. May not be as popular as Bronco, but customers have had the power (so it seems) to get Ford to add certain configurations/ top colors through outcry on social media platforms. Worth a shot I guess. Nothing to lose.

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's such a bummer. I was prepared to order one today. Blue with hitch, bedliner, sunroof, Co-pilot 360, rear window; I was ready to add over $2,000 of options to the base truck but now I'm not sure what I'll do. I really don't like the XLT interior. I might just say "eh it's a work truck, $100 hitch only please" and say screw it to the other options. No reason to get the safety kit without cruise control, seems really stupid without that. Can't get the back window without the safety kit, so ix-nay on that. I'll just take it base with the $100 hitch and install my own bedliner too while I'm at it I guess. Ford I want to give you my money, please let me give you my money already.

marshmap

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger XLT
My 2007 Ranger XLT doesn’t have cruise control either so I guess it’s nice Ford is letting the Maverick XLT have cruise.

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My brother's 1966 Galaxie 500 has cruise... Just let that sink in for a moment.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Seams very odds NOT to have it as an option.
at least optional. You can get ford 360, apple car play, sun roof,WiFi, auto brake hold, but not CC? Very strange. Well looks like I’m getting an XLT (only $2300 more).

but that’s like my wife’s 16+ Honda Civic that doesn’t have multi speed intermediate wipers… like ford has had that standard since the 60s.

I wonder tho if you simply can get the steering wheel with the CC buttons And plug in the pig tail to the harness and it would work.
I know you can do that on most new cars. (My mother in laws Kia Rio)

New Ford Steering wheel is $600

OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seams very odds NOT to have it as an option.
at least optional. You can get ford 360, apple car play, sun roof,WiFi, auto brake hold, but not CC? Very strange. Well looks like I’m getting an XLT
Exactly. It's pretty much a deliberate XLT ploy. But come on, at least offer it in the co-pilot assist package. How can you have a co-pilot assist package and yet no cruise control?

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:
OP
OP
douglas685

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Idk, I took a peek over on some other forums and saw that the F-250 XL owners are having a massive pain trying to add cruise control. Everything is computer controlled/enabled now. It might be as simple as just adding buttons but my guess is it's going to be a whole mess, and maybe not even possible at all.

My guess is with the buttons and the feature enabled manually in the computer it will work, but now you tweeked the computer and voided the warranty. Good luck if the hybrid system goes out.. :rolleyes:

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Idk, I took a peek over on some other forums and saw that the F-250 XL owners are having a massive pain trying to add cruise control. Everything is computer controlled/enabled now. It might be as simple as just adding buttons but my guess is it's going to be a whole mess, and maybe not even possible at all.

My guess is with the buttons and the feature enabled manually in the computer it will work, but now you tweeked the computer and voided the warranty. Good luck if the hybrid system goes out.. :rolleyes:
sounds like you just need to plug in the buttons AND get the computer to know it’s plugged in. 3rd party shop might have this access. Worth calling around about.
Accident vehicles have to get the same thing done. So I wonder if you plug it in. Go to the dealer and be like “hey my cruise isn’t working can you reprogram it”
Sponsored