Sponsored

The XL elephant in the room... no cruise control on the XL..

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my early Gen 2 Tacoma there was a sequence of things you could do to turn it off.

Gen 3 Nope. Had to get the dealer to hook up HAL
Sponsored

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Does anyone see a CD player listed in the radio equipment? I hope one is standard with any radio, I don't use the radio, I have CD's to listen to.
Bring back the 45 rpm player! Vinyl seems to be making a comeback.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Subaru would play this same trick every time they would introduce a new model Impreza. The base model would never have cruise. Get the first adopters to go upmarket. The following model year cruise would appear on a “new, improved “ model (usually , but not always at a higher price).

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread is amusing, from the CD’s to the CC. You guys haven’t already converted to MP3? That was years ago-and I am old…when I found that an iPod could hold thousands of songs and never scratch, I was all in. Now I just use my phone and Spotify, and the CDs languish in the attic (next to the tapes and records).
As for cc- thanks for this thread. I will spend the extra money on it as it keeps me outta trouble. Probably less than falling into speed traps over the life of the vehicle once the insurance man gets involved- far less. That said, it really ought to be there. My Focus had it, and I think it was the last car ever sold with crank windows ;)

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
For what it’s worth, I’m another guy in my 30s and wouldn’t consider any vehicle without cruise control.

As the OP mentioned, anyone in our age group has grown accustom to it being standard. When I was looking at the Colorado WT, they atleast gave you the option of a $540 package that got you CC and a few other things. Seems like Ford could offer the same thing, but I also get they expect the XLT to be their most popular trim and most folks will upgrade to that anyway.

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wish they offered CC on the XL because the XLT has nothing else that appeals to me, especially for the $2500. I want CC for those longer drives, but I don't think it is worth the cost. I will just save my money, get the XL and add an aftermarket CC at a later date.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I wish they offered CC on the XL because the XLT has nothing else that appeals to me, especially for the $2500. I want CC for those longer drives, but I don't think it is worth the cost. I will just save my money, get the XL and add an aftermarket CC at a later date.
Power mirrors is a must for me. I’m 6’3’ and my wife is 5’5”. She will not be happy if she has to get out to adjust them

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Power mirrors is a must for me. I’m 6’3’ and my wife is 5’5”. She will not be happy if she has to get out to adjust them
Funny, I was thinking about the lack of power mirrors the other day. I went to adjust my passenger mirror and it doesn't go up or down anymore. I can't remember the last time I used them. I'm a set and forget guy, and it will only be me driving 99% of the time

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The lack of pushbutton start in the XLT pisses me off. My Honda CRV has it and you can't go back. Well you can orbit saves $4000 vs a Lariat.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For what it’s worth, I’m another guy in my 30s and wouldn’t consider any vehicle without cruise control.

As the OP mentioned, anyone in our age group has grown accustom to it being standard. When I was looking at the Colorado WT, they atleast gave you the option of a $540 package that got you CC and a few other things. Seems like Ford could offer the same thing, but I also get they expect the XLT to be their most popular trim and most folks will upgrade to that anyway.
Im 35 and Im boggled why not having cruise is such an issue on this. Absolutely boggled. I use it as much as I use my A/C. Literally never. I dont know any of my buddies that use cruise control in their cars either (but they use AC when they have newer cars with it functioning. They wont pay to fix it though if it breaks). Basically everyone I know views cruise like they do having a cigarette lighter from the factory. Mostly pointless.

Its completely absurd that not having cruise breaks a deal for a car purchase for someone. Straight up ludicrous, especially when you consider how easy it will be to add after the fact with all the OEM parts and a quick reprogram at WORST.

Sponsored

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Yeah, just sold my Forester (our 5th Subaru) with Eyesight/adaptive cruise control. Agreed, it is really great for long trips. Don’t like the HARD breaking when someone moves over on you though. I would normally just let my foot off the gas and handle it in a far less dramatic manner. Don’t have experience with Ford’s version though.
The 2020 fusion hybrid that I drive for work has better manners than my wife's 2018 Subaru Impreza, but it can still brake very hard when it thinks there's a threat.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Im 35 and Im boggled why not having cruise is such an issue on this. Absolutely boggled. I use it as much as I use my A/C. Literally never. I dont know any of my buddies that use cruise control in their cars either (but they use AC when they have newer cars with it functioning. They wont pay to fix it though if it breaks). Basically everyone I know views cruise like they do having a cigarette lighter from the factory. Mostly pointless.

Its completely absurd that not having cruise breaks a deal for a car purchase for someone. Straight up ludicrous, especially when you consider how easy it will be to add after the fact with all the OEM parts and a quick reprogram at WORST.
Ha, ghost I don’t think you and I have ever seen eye to eye on anything which is fine. To each their own. I live in the Triangle area of NC where the easiest way to get to portions of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill is I-40. I-95 also directly runs through our state as well. I take long trips to the beach and mountains, which is 75% highway driving

It’s a must for me and the people I know. It’s not for you. That’s ok. Just like I wouldn’t ever imagine not having AC in my car, you think it’s fine. I think anyone who doesn’t need it is crazy. It was 88 degrees here two days ago, but because of humidity felt like 102. I assure you the AC feels much better than rolling down the windows and getting slapped in the face by that mugginess. Different people have different needs depending where they live.

Someone in a cold climate may think AWD-4WD is a must, but to me it’s not. It snows here significantly probably once ever 4-5 years. I don’t tow hardly at all and never off road, so why would I think it’s a must?

Always good to hear your perspective at the end of the day though. It always reminds me how were all different and need certain things depending where we’re from, etc.

I just wouldn’t take much stock into what you say considering you still think that abomination of a vehicle that is a Santa Cruz looks better than the Maverick :)

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 2020 fusion hybrid that I drive for work has better manners than my wife's 2018 Subaru Impreza, but it can still brake very hard when it thinks there's a threat.
Good to know, thanks. Ours was an XT so my husband normally just turned everything off since he drove it…in a spirited manner…eyesight hated that. haha

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ha, ghost I don’t think you and I have ever seen eye to eye on anything which is fine. To each their own. I live in the Triangle area of NC where the easiest way to get to portions of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill is I-40. I-95 also directly runs through our state as well. I take long trips to the beach and mountains, which is 75% highway driving

It’s a must for me and the people I know. It’s not for you. That’s ok. Just like I wouldn’t ever imagine not having AC in my car, you think it’s fine. I think anyone who doesn’t need it is crazy. It was 88 degrees here two days ago, but because of humidity felt like 102. I assure you the AC feels much better than rolling down the windows and getting slapped in the face by that mugginess. Different people have different needs depending where they live.

Someone in a cold climate may think AWD-4WD is a must, but to me it’s not. It snows here significantly probably once ever 4-5 years. I don’t tow hardly at all and never off road, so why would I think it’s a must?

Always good to hear your perspective at the end of the day though. It always reminds me how were all different and need certain things depending where we’re from, etc.

I just wouldn’t take much stock into what you say considering you still think that abomination of a vehicle that is a Santa Cruz looks better than the Maverick :)

Your argument keeps missing one very key point that has been brought up several times already in this thread and was even in the post from Ghost that you quoted. You apparently completely missed the part where he said:

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your argument keeps missing one very key point that has been brought up several times already in this thread and was even in the post from Ghost that you quoted. You apparently completely missed the part where he said:
I think a lot of manufacturers are making things like eyesight cheap and available because they really need the data in order to develop the technology. Ford may be ahead of the curve on that, so it is utilizing it as a highly desirable feature that people will pay for.

Let's hear it for more competition as fast as we can get it! I would be very interested in the hybrid version if I could get it in all-wheel drive, which I absolutely need. If a few other makers come on board in this market niche, there will be a huge amount of pressure to provide those extra goodies at a lower cost. I noticed that the Ford escape has a hybrid all-wheel drive from the get-go.
Sponsored