First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Car dealers are like military recruiters, they tell you what you want to hear to get you to sign on the dotted line. The next thing you know you're in a third world country and your wife and Jody are riding around in your new Maverick
Sponsored

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of the salesman said similar to me. He was saying oh someone paid 80k for that bronco in the lobby but we cant release to him until february because they have to have one on the floor.

I still walked out. Like fuck all that.
Exact same thing I was told, someone paid 30K above MSRP for a Bronco, straigt bullshit.

6speedmav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My local dealer posted a Hybrid Mav on their IG on Thursday afternoon. Since it was in the "showroom" i figured they had a fat markup on it and didn't anticipate moving soon. Also, the ealer has told me that they do like to have an example available for folks to see so they can order. Yesterday I planned on stopping in to see it (I have yet to see a Mav in the flesh).

Today after my sons baseball practice we went to see it...entered the showroom, it was gone. Salesguy said someone paid $8K over for it (XLT). Said he'd tried to call when the next one came in but said that when they arrive the owners take delivery right away anyway. Its hard lol.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Car dealers are like military recruiters, they tell you what you want to hear to get you to sign on the dotted line. The next thing you know you're in a third world country and your wife and Jody are riding around in your new Maverick
Get. Everything. In. Writing. In. Your. Contract. If not....hello South Korea or Alaska!

Bsimps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang gt, 02 Mercedes AMG
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
like the post from Livinthedream...military days…reminding us daily that, Jody has your girl/wife and is gone…

Sponsored

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD
If they wanted to keep a vehicle on the lot for customers to look at, they wouldn't have it listed for sale. Salesmen and dealership employees can make all the excuses they want but the only people making the extra money at the end of the day are the salesmen.

There aren't markups because of a shortage of supplies to build vehicles. If that was the case, Ford would raise the MSRP. Lots of dealerships use the chip shortage excuse.

I say any dealer that does a markup should be left multiple lengthy bad reviews on yelp, google, etc warning potential customers of their corrupt practices. Sure you can complain to the general manager but they would just laugh while reading your letter with their feet up on their desk. You have to hurt their money, not their feelings.
My dealer gave me the same song and dance. It was late in the evening, after working all day, when I bought mine and I didn't catch the $5000 they added on to the MSRP until a few days later when I was putting the paperwork away. In the paperwork was a folded up MSRP and another slim hand written paper saying a $5000 adjustment was added. When I called the GM I was told they don't want people to buy the trucks they want them to order online, then they needed to raise the price to pay the employees. After that she said I can bring it back and she already has people wanting to buy it. I have 3 days to decide to keep it or tell her to shove it. They didn't even offer to give me half a mud flap to make me happy

Davidod

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After my Maverick delivery being delayed yet another time… from the original 12/20 date to 1/26…

I finally found a Maverick near work that was being delivered this morning and it wasn’t spoken for…

So I was going to buy it on the spot, before it was even unloaded from the carrier….

Well until the salesman said their dealership policy doesn’t remove any of their market driven mark up price…

So I got up and walked out.

Only to have the General Manager call back…. Guess what he said?

“they mark it up so that no one will buy it because they need it for customers to look at!”

What’s up with this modern day car shopping? I need a vehicle because my car finally died and the Mrs. car was totaled in an accident…

Only to have the dealer not want my $30,000 because he needs to have a vehicle for people to look at… SMH

Oh and they also had a couple Mustangs there with a $20,000 add on too.

3BCE4126-6D11-4410-A394-D2F4F532E0E3.jpeg
I picked up my Maverick today and had a price surprise waiting for me. The dealer discounted it in the tune of $750. I expected to pay full price and was worried about a mark up. Hats off to Pauli Ford in St. Johns, Michigan.

DannyP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2017 Escape SE, 1929 Model A Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If they are not able to sell then simply say that and don’t mark it up and pretend you would sell it for the right price. I was working with a dealer and the salesperson told me first thing when I called I was welcome to come drive it but is not for sale as it is for demo/test drives only.
That’s the same thing I was told.

mlwdragons

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
I tried to get a dealership in MD to let me reserve a hybrid lariat that was on its way to the dealer lot but they wanted a 10k dealer markup on a 31k MSRP Maverick. I ended up buying an FX4 Lariat that was sitting on the lot for 35. They refused to come down even 1$ on the hybrid that was on it's way.
Wow I am in MD also. I hope I have an honest dealer. I thought all the hybrids being built right now were for individual orders not dealers inventory. My hybrid Lariat with the moon roof and luxury package is being built right now and I’m hoping 1, they sell it to me at the price they told me back when I ordered it in July. And 2, they don’t sell it to someone else who’s willing to pay a mark up. I’m hoping all the markup stories on the forum are the exception and not the rule. Enjoy your FX4!

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Wow I am in MD also. I hope I have an honest dealer. I thought all the hybrids being built right now were for individual orders not dealers inventory. My hybrid Lariat with the moon roof and luxury package is being built right now and I’m hoping 1, they sell it to me at the price they told me back when I ordered it in July. And 2, they don’t sell it to someone else who’s willing to pay a mark up. I’m hoping all the markup stories on the forum are the exception and not the rule. Enjoy your FX4!
The words "honest" and "dealer" are often mutually exclusive.

I noticed that you used the word "hoping" 3 times in your post.

I would suggest that you get buyer's order signed by you and the sales (or general) manager ASAP.

"Knowing" is much better than "hoping."

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never heard of a salaried car salesman.

It's my understanding that dealers make far more money on used vehicles, parts and service.
Texas, when I apologized to my sales person for taking up so much of her time she responded "That's ok I am on salary".

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are dealerships allowed to charge extra fees to A or Z plan buyers? In the past they weren't allowed to add much to A/Z plan prices (I think they were allowed to add approx. $295), but I haven't bought/leased a ford in the last 2 years.

Thanks

Icatchshrimp

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
After my Maverick delivery being delayed yet another time… from the original 12/20 date to 1/26…

I finally found a Maverick near work that was being delivered this morning and it wasn’t spoken for…

So I was going to buy it on the spot, before it was even unloaded from the carrier….

Well until the salesman said their dealership policy doesn’t remove any of their market driven mark up price…

So I got up and walked out.

Only to have the General Manager call back…. Guess what he said?

“they mark it up so that no one will buy it because they need it for customers to look at!”

What’s up with this modern day car shopping? I need a vehicle because my car finally died and the Mrs. car was totaled in an accident…

Only to have the dealer not want my $30,000 because he needs to have a vehicle for people to look at… SMH

Oh and they also had a couple Mustangs there with a $20,000 add on too.

3BCE4126-6D11-4410-A394-D2F4F532E0E3.jpeg
Beautiful truck! Maybe someone who doesn’t have one on order will get a shot at it. 😎

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Soldier Soldier don't be blue, I just drove your Maverick too..."

Ford Maverick The Truth on Dealer Mark Up… right from the General Manager DX7xPGKWsAA0Mpl
Sponsored