First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 Dodge M37, ‘14 VW JettaTDI, ‘22 Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After my Maverick delivery being delayed yet another time… from the original 12/20 date to 1/26…

I finally found a Maverick near work that was being delivered this morning and it wasn’t spoken for…

So I was going to buy it on the spot, before it was even unloaded from the carrier….

Well until the salesman said their dealership policy doesn’t remove any of their market driven mark up price…

So I got up and walked out.

Only to have the General Manager call back…. Guess what he said?

“they mark it up so that no one will buy it because they need it for customers to look at!”

What’s up with this modern day car shopping? I need a vehicle because my car finally died and the Mrs. car was totaled in an accident…

Only to have the dealer not want my $30,000 because he needs to have a vehicle for people to look at… SMH

Oh and they also had a couple Mustangs there with a $20,000 add on too.

Ford Maverick The Truth on Dealer Mark Up… right from the General Manager 3BCE4126-6D11-4410-A394-D2F4F532E0E3
Sponsored

NorthShoreMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like BS. They mark it up because they know people are desperate for vehicles right now and they will get that price. If they were a good dealer they would have sold you the vehicle for msrp and then sold your order for whatever they wanted to.

tvnuge22

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
I tried to get a dealership in MD to let me reserve a hybrid lariat that was on its way to the dealer lot but they wanted a 10k dealer markup on a 31k MSRP Maverick. I ended up buying an FX4 Lariat that was sitting on the lot for 35. They refused to come down even 1$ on the hybrid that was on it's way.

OP
OP
Big Bob

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 Dodge M37, ‘14 VW JettaTDI, ‘22 Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess the Sheehy franchise of dealerships forgot that Ford used to be a blue collar truck.

Now they are looking to take advantage of white collar folks with money to waste.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would of told him that was BS to his face and walked out.

They are just being greedy and only thinking short term. I avoid stealerships like the plague.

Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
TWO things are causing the mark ups...

1, Supply vs. Demand

2. The supply and demand factor was letting people buy vehicles and turn around and sell them for $10k more then what they just paid. So dealers are just cutting that out and making the money above MSRP.

It's bs and it's dirty either way. But it's the current market. It is pricing many people out of buying now too.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they wanted to keep a vehicle on the lot for customers to look at, they wouldn't have it listed for sale. Salesmen and dealership employees can make all the excuses they want but the only people making the extra money at the end of the day are the salesmen.

There aren't markups because of a shortage of supplies to build vehicles. If that was the case, Ford would raise the MSRP. Lots of dealerships use the chip shortage excuse.

I say any dealer that does a markup should be left multiple lengthy bad reviews on yelp, google, etc warning potential customers of their corrupt practices. Sure you can complain to the general manager but they would just laugh while reading your letter with their feet up on their desk. You have to hurt their money, not their feelings.

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of the salesman said similar to me. He was saying oh someone paid 80k for that bronco in the lobby but we cant release to him until february because they have to have one on the floor.

I still walked out. Like fuck all that.

Ingland

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After my Maverick delivery being delayed yet another time… from the original 12/20 date to 1/26…

I finally found a Maverick near work that was being delivered this morning and it wasn’t spoken for…

So I was going to buy it on the spot, before it was even unloaded from the carrier….

Well until the salesman said their dealership policy doesn’t remove any of their market driven mark up price…

“they mark it up so that no one will buy it because they need it for customers to look at!”

What’s up with this modern day car shopping? I need a vehicle because my car finally died and the Mrs. car was totaled in an accident…

Only to have the dealer not want my $30,000 because he needs to have a vehicle for people to look at… SMH

3BCE4126-6D11-4410-A394-D2F4F532E0E3.jpeg
This was a Sheehy dealership? Oh Lord.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
One of the salesman said similar to me. He was saying oh someone paid 80k for that bronco in the lobby but we cant release to him until february because they have to have one on the floor.

I still walked out. Like fuck all that.
What's the difference between a dead car salesman and dead rattlesnake laying in the road?

The rattlesnake will have skid marks in front of it.

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What the OP posted is exactly what my dealer told me also, it’s the only way to keep a vehicle on the showroom floor. Not a lot of people (crazy Maverick people not included) won’t buy a car sight unseen. So if they keep one vehicle but getting them 3 customer orders after seeing one is worth it.

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

3BCE4126-6D11-4410-A394-D2F4F532E0E3.jpeg
Yeah, right. Like they wouldn't give it to you on the spot if it did pay the rape rate.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the difference between a dead car salesman and dead rattlesnake laying in the road?

The rattlesnake will have skid marks in front of it.
Poor snake.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesnt make sense.

So they mark it up so nobody would buy it, so they can show it to customers who will see the marked up price and... not buy it?
Yea and if a customer ordered one from them I wonder how much they would trust them not to add a ADM? Probably not likely.
Sponsored