Sponsored

The plastic interior door scuffs are starting to annoy me, any recommendations other than be more careful?

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put 303 protectant on day one and knock on wood interior still looks great even with wife and kids in it lol.
Sponsored

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick had a perfect interior until my wife with her rings came aboard. She scratched every area she touched, from the outside door handles, inside handles, opening armrest, and throwing her key blob on the dashboard! Her answer, it's a truck.
That's the reason men still hold the door open for women 🙄 :D.

TimBru99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas Blue 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put 303 protectant on day one and knock on wood interior still looks great even with wife and kids in it lol.
Never heard of it. I'll have to give it a try. Kinda like Armor All?

Fix4Dirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Explorer XLT SOHC 4x4 2" Lift
Engine
Undecided
303 has ben around for ages, and its better than armor all. its less greasy. and its water based not silicone so it does better on engines. also works great on marine appications, and seen it used on a bunch of crop dusters and other planes too.

Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Armor All is crack for your dashboard. The more you use it, the more you have to use it. 303 Aerospace Protectant was originally developed to be use to protect airplane dashboards. If you don't know, the UV spectrum is insane in an airplane. Which is why flight people wear sunscreen. About 15 years ago, people started noticing that 303 was really a better product for car dashboards as well. Gold Eagle acquired the rights to 303 in 2012 or so, them someone bought out Gold Eagle.

Bruce8858

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oh wow, if you end up doing that let me know, I'd had the same thought. Figured it surely stick longer than any sill protector from an automotive store or something. All the reviews on those things seem to be about how they don't stick. My only concern with the duct tape would be what are you going to do when it wears out and you have to replace it, I'd be very concerned that it bring the paint up with it
Oh wow, if you end up doing that let me know, I'd had the same thought. Figured it surely stick longer than any sill protector from an automotive store or something. All the reviews on those things seem to be about how they don't stick. My only concern with the duct tape would be what are you going to do when it wears out and you have to replace it, I'd be very concerned that it bring the paint up with it
I would have PPF installed on the sill areas. I did that on my Mach 1, also had the door handle areas done. Those areas would not be that expensive to do. I had XPEL installed. Came with a 10 year warranty. Worked out well.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One ride with my wife in the truck, same result. My glove box is scratched and her door panels. Just unbelievable how her and my kids can just destroy things without effort.
They didn't pay for it, so have no investment in keeping it in good order.

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have PPF installed on the sill areas. I did that on my Mach 1, also had the door handle areas done. Those areas would not be that expensive to do. I had XPEL installed. Came with a 10 year warranty. Worked out well.
What is XPEL ?
Some sort of shelack that they cover the interior plastic with?

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oh ok see what I dont know
I thought it protected the plastic interior sections

Last edited:
Sponsored

Bruce8858

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

XPEL is a brand of PPF-paint protection film. It’s typically applied to the front end of vehicles to protect against rock chips.

Gotmav1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think my wife has made one small scratch with her purse in 6 months of owning. She tries really hard to be careful. She doesn't really want to drive it because she knows how hard I try to keep it dent and scratch free. She doesn't want to be the first to get a ding, I usually park in very stategic spots in parking lots.

Gotmav1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately those “ spots” could be a magnet for folks that are jealous of your pride and joy!!! Still be aware! There are crazies out there! I still have that protective side, much much less since I have entered the “ golden” years. I honestly envy those that just use it “ it’s just a truck” kind of thinkers. Either they are wealthy enough to not have to care or they truly don’t give a damn!!! Sorry for the rant!

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately those “ spots” could be a magnet for folks that are jealous of your pride and joy!!! Still be aware! There are crazies out there! I still have that protective side, much much less since I have entered the “ golden” years. I honestly envy those that just use it “ it’s just a truck” kind of thinkers. Either they are wealthy enough to not have to care or they truly don’t give a damn!!! Sorry for the rant!
I think about that as a possibility. Not much I can do about the crazies. So far, all is well.
Sponsored