Sponsored

The Maverick is the Prius for people who wouldn't be caught dead in a Prius!

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove a Prius for just under 10 years, 110,000 miles and really liked the vehicle. But I have to admit I didn't like the jokes and abuse Prius drivers had to put up with. Especially since my family is mostly a "truck" family. So not only Jay Leno but most of my cousins just couldn't help themselves.

But I just realized that the Maverick ticks all the boxes that the Prius does (plus a bunch). It's a small, inexpensive commuter vehicle with phenomenal gas mileage. If you commute to work, it's perfect. If you need to haul groceries or kids, it's perfect. And oh yeah, it's a TRUCK :):)

If the Prius could haul a 4x8 sheet of plywood I would still have it.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

Maybe the Hybrid ;) Don't get your panties in a bind. Just joshin' ya'll

Reactions: Guv

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I drove a Prius for just under 10 years, 110,000 miles and really liked the vehicle. But I have to admit I didn't like the jokes and abuse Prius drivers had to put up with. Especially since my family is mostly a "truck" family. So not only Jay Leno but most of my cousins just couldn't help themselves.

But I just realized that the Maverick ticks all the boxes that the Prius does (plus a bunch). It's a small, inexpensive commuter vehicle with phenomenal gas mileage. If you commute to work, it's perfect. If you need to haul groceries or kids, it's perfect. And oh yeah, it's a TRUCK :):)

You forgot one of the boxes the maverick doesn't have. It's ugly!

Sponsored

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drove a Prius for a bit as a company car and generally disliked it. Not for the hybrid engine but for being a compact car.

It's tiny, uncomfortable and can't hail anything. If you just need to get to and from work, it is fine. But outside of that it has limited utility

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I agree 100%, I have always liked the idea of a Prius because of the great gas mileage, however, I work in an Oil Refinery and I make gasoline for a living, so I known for a fact I would get made fun of. Around here, if you drive anything other than a gas guzzling or diesel truck then you will get made fun of lol. Even the Maverick is pushing it, but at least I can say it's a truck

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So many people underestimate what these hybrids can do. For the last six years I did all my work (co-own a small business) out of a Camry Hybrid. Clients would be blown away when I showed up for a job in a car. They'd be asking me, do you need tools or something, only to be blown away by how many tools I would cram into that thing. That and the gas savings were great. It also wasn't as rough a ride, or as ugly, as Prius thank goodness. :p

Life is much easier now with the Maverick Hybrid though, even better fuel econmy, and I don't have to bring wet, dirty tools into the cab, it all goes into the bed!

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to the Maverick Era! If Ford can sort out all the issues about the battery, they can dominate in this segment for 10years plus!

I think this is a curve ball no one else saw coming since other manufacturers are focus more on EVs trying to play catch up skipping hybrid altogether!

Toyota missed the opportunity here big time! I mean with the success of their hybrid line up you would think someone would have a bright idea to translate it to every segment they have!

Not everyone is EV ready even if we all want it! Pricing, ability to charge, insurance, and range are still deciding factors for someone to jump ship.

The hybrid is a great gateway drug to the world of EVs.

Blue1005

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Its the prius for people with balls and who dont eat soy

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its the prius for people with balls and who dont eat soy
I've never understood the obsession with soy.

Plus that whole sexuality thing, people seem to get angry when they find that women and I are just friends, and that I play for the other team. I think of it as twice as manly. I guess that just scares some men. 😁
Sponsored