Sponsored

The Mav Hybrid Off-Highway in CO. (New Sept Pics)

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
***Page 2 for most recent pics***
So a beautiful day today in Colorado with weather in the 70s. Inspired by @saffrontruck , I decided to take my young boys and the Mav Hybrid off-highway into the mountains via dirt roads in the Pikes Peak region, and gain some elevation. The road had some washboarding, and had to squeeze up an embankment in order for two oncoming vehicles to get by. But the Dextero AT 245/65/17 tires gave me the extra bit of comfort level to do it.
They hybrid did well, no clearance issues, but of course this wasnt a rock filled road, more graded dirt/fire road ground. The suspension did absorb some road divets and in all we had a fun time of it. The plus side, I was in Charge Mode or Electric almost 80% of the way down the road as we came down. In all, I'm very happy, and the Hybrid does appear it will meet my needs for kid adventures, off-highway dirt and gravel roads, and even some dispersed camping. Thanks again to Long McArthur Ford for securing this truck order for me, @fordvideoguy and "Maverick Mike" Mull, my sales guy at LM, for helping me create adventures and memories for us!!
Ford Maverick The Mav Hybrid Off-Highway in CO. (New Sept Pics) IMG_20220917_163512

Ford Maverick The Mav Hybrid Off-Highway in CO. (New Sept Pics) PXL_20220326_195643886

Ford Maverick The Mav Hybrid Off-Highway in CO. (New Sept Pics) PXL_20220326_203859869
Sponsored

Last edited:

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
Nice! Looks like a sweet trip.

Is that the Alto Blue*?

I really, really wanted to go hybrid but the lack of AWD was a deal breaker. When a foot of pow drops I need to be able to hit the mountains with confidence.

Of course the truth is 98% of the time my Kia Spectra with 6.3" of ground clearance and good tires does just fine... it's like 2% of situations I need the AWD... maybe.

*(J/K, I can read in your profile it's Shadow Black. Just teasing the alto blue guys.)

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So a beautiful day today in Colorado with weather in the 70s. Inspired by @saffrontruck , I decided to take my young boys and the Mav Hybrid off-highway into the mountains via dirt roads in the Pikes Peak region, and gain some elevation. The road had some washboarding, and had to squeeze up an embankment in order for two oncoming vehicles to get by. But the Dextero AT 245/65/17 tires gave me the extra bit of comfort level to do it.
They hybrid did well, no clearance issues, but of course this wasnt a rock filled road, more graded dirt/fire road ground. The suspension did absorb some road divets and in all we had a fun time of it. The plus side, I was in Charge Mode or Electric almost 80% of the way down the road as we came down. In all, I'm very happy, and the Hybrid does appear it will meet my needs for kid adventures, off-highway dirt and gravel roads, and even some dispersed camping. Thanks again to Long McArthur Ford for securing this truck order for me, @fordvideoguy and "Maverick Mike" Mull, my sales guy at LM, for helping me create adventures and memories for us!!

PXL_20220326_195643886.jpg

PXL_20220326_203859869.jpg
Very nice little adventure you guys had. Looks like fun! What hood deflector is that?

Thanks

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very nice little adventure you guys had. Looks like fun! What hood deflector is that?

Thanks
@Sliphorn That is the Factory Ford Accessory deflector in the matte black. Yeah, it was a cool little jaunt. More to come this year (y)

Sponsored

mr_M0J0rzn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I grew up in Colorado Springs and now I’m just massively disappointed I can’t run my maverick around those roads right now haha. Don’t move!!

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I grew up in Colorado Springs and now I’m just massively disappointed I can’t run my maverick around those roads right now haha. Don’t move!!
Is the Air Force Academy campus as beautiful as I have heard ? Once in a while I see a Falcons game on TV, but never been there.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

PXL_20220326_195643886.jpg

PXL_20220326_203859869.jpg
I spend a lot of time hiking and kayaking and one of the positives about the Covid years is how many more families are spending time outdoors. I have seen more Dads ( and a few Moms) with their sons and daughters fishing the last two years than I have in the last 15. Anything is better than having them sit inside on the computer or watching the idiot box.

Last edited:

mr_M0J0rzn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the Air Force Academy campus as beautiful as I have heard ? Once in a while I see a Falcons game on TV, but never been there.
It’s definitely up to whatever u have heard. Insane swirling wind since they’re tucked right into the mountains. Prolly why they run the option haha

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spend a lot of time hiking and kayaking and one of the positives about the Covid years is how many more families are spending time outdoors. I have seen more Dads ( and a few Mons) with their sons and daughters fishing the last two years than I have in the last 15. Anything is better than having them sit inside on the computer or watching the idiot box.
@NJ Pinelands Amen to that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@NJ Pinelands ,It is. It has incredible views as it's nestled right at the base of the mountains. A d the Air Force Chapel is just beautiful.

Gulfcoast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adospeed, I really like the Dextero a/t tires and I'm tempted to grab a set when (if?) my Maverick Hybrid finally arrives! Please keep us posted on the Dexteros as they accumulate mileage. Thanks!

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adospeed, I really like the Dextero a/t tires and I'm tempted to grab a set when (if?) my Maverick Hybrid finally arrives! Please keep us posted on the Dexteros as they accumulate mileage. Thanks!
@Gulfcoast For sure! You looking at the same size?