2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just in time for the holidays.

All I need to do is print this out, frame it in a lighted frame and put it my front window and when my neighbors ask what I’m doing, all I have to say is “My truck won a major award!”.
Sponsored

Deleted member 14823

All I need to do is print this out, frame it in a lighted frame and put it my front window and when my neighbors ask what I’m doing, all I have to say is “My truck won a major award!”.
"You used up all the glue on purpose!"

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

When even in the EB FX4 when you can drive 200+ mi, haul plywood and other materials, fight Dallas freeway traffic for miles and miles, and still average 31 mpg, what more could you ask for? Versatility, comfort, looks and FUN to drive do not even scratch the surface. Go Mavs and I am not talking about the Dallas basketball team either.

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ford Maverick The Drive's Best Truck of 2022 is the Ford Maverick, by a Landslide 1670369296224

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope Ford is really compiling the data on improvements for the next refresh while streamlining the build process. There is so much potential for new packages too. I just have a feeling we are going to start seeing more price creep in higher end trims and locking features arbitrarily behind those packages like they have done with the rest of their lineup. I'm sure there are executives out there looking to bump up the average profit to secure their bonuses.
As I have said in a passed post: "The first Mavericks were the modern model T of our time, for the price and options. Now they are becoming the profits for the shareholders."

We are dropping our options so that the Mavericks are built. Savings in the long run for the manufacturer? Always being rolled over into price increases... Now the talk of the great new model line ups at higher prices.
Ford dealers, Ford, and the shareholders, break it down how you want. Yell at who you want.
People are complaining about the bugs in the first run of Mavericks, but those who got one got it at the best price with options and the colour that they wanted.

Okay, that was my rant today... Thank you.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick The Drive's Best Truck of 2022 is the Ford Maverick, by a Landslide GifMeme18240706122022

Deleted member 1483

I like the SC as well. Really the only points against it are the DCT (which If you use it for what it's for is a positive) and the lack of general utility compared the Maverick. I opted for the Maverick Hybrid which was what sold me compared to a bronco sport.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's a truck that's actually a fit for how most people use a truck. It doesn't try to be a status symbol, a compensation for insecurities, a post-apocalypic world survival tool, or a statement about your beliefs on climate change. It just does what people need it to do, and it's fun and efficient to boot. If it were a person, it'd be the kind of person you'd enjoy hanging out with.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a truck that's actually a fit for how most people use a truck. It doesn't try to be a status symbol, a compensation for insecurities, a post-apocalypic world survival tool, or a statement about your beliefs on climate change. It just does what people need it to do, and it's fun and efficient to boot. If it were a person, it'd be the kind of person you'd enjoy hanging out with.
Off topic, but I notice one of your vehicles is an XC-60. We're on our second XC-40 R-Design T5, which we obviously love. Next year I'm thinking a lot about an XC-60 for the extra amenities (especially massaging seats). Wondering what your XC-60 experience has been like.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Off topic, but I notice one of your vehicles is an XC-60. We're on our second XC-40 R-Design T5, which we obviously love. Next year I'm thinking a lot about an XC-60 for the extra amenities (especially massaging seats). Wondering what your XC-60 experience has been like.
We really love the Volvo -- it's an amazing road-trip car. We've been up and down the east coast with it about 10times and I can't imagine a better vehicle for that kind of travel.

Those XC-40's are nice -- that's actually what got us into a Volvo dealership but we discovered that it was just a tad too small for me -- I'm a pretty tall guy. We ended up getting a 2019 XC60 T8 R-design which is absolutely loaded with tech (Plug in hybrid, turbocharger, supercharger, air-suspension, etc). Out of fear/caution I did spring for an extended warranty when we bought it. It's at 55K miles right now and we haven't had a single issue. The plug-in hybrid aspect was great when gas was close to $5... we could run about 18 miles one pure electric which was fine for daily errands. Even service costs at our local Volvo dealer have been quite reasonable -- about $120 every 10K miles for an oil change. Based on our experience with this car I'd be quite likely to look at a Volvo or Polestar sometime down the road when we jump to a full electric. But our current plan is to keep it another 7-10 years and really get our money's worth out of it.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Our little Maverick beat out some stiff competition: F-150 Lightning, Rivian R1T, Chevy Silverado ZR2, Toyota Tundra Hybrid!
Tundra isn't even on Consumer Reports' list of recommended trucks any more, due to problems reported by owners.

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT, 2012 WRX Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope Ford is really compiling the data on improvements for the next refresh while streamlining the build process. There is so much potential for new packages too. I just have a feeling we are going to start seeing more price creep in higher end trims and locking features arbitrarily behind those packages like they have done with the rest of their lineup. I'm sure there are executives out there looking to bump up the average profit to secure their bonuses.
Ford already did this with the Initial Maverick and Cruise control.

Theory: The Drive writers strike me as those who prefer to get into the seat of a sports car. The Maverick drives more like a car than the rest of the trucks on the list. Could be coloring their opinions a little.
It does drive much more 'car-like'. I went to a Maverick from a WRX and it definitely feels different from a real truck.
No Ridgeline either.
Ridgelines have always just felt too expensive for what you got, unless you needed all the boxes it specifically ticked.