Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Super happy with Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Way better than the Stock Conti tires, which I took off at 46 miles. Tread depth on stock 8/32" VS Michelin 13/32".

Ford Maverick The Continentals are Junk: Gotta Go. 3 flats 3,000 miles 20230912_121311_resized

Ford Maverick The Continentals are Junk: Gotta Go. 3 flats 3,000 miles 20230912_121544_resized

Ford Maverick The Continentals are Junk: Gotta Go. 3 flats 3,000 miles 23 XLT
Sponsored

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hate having to swap tires out before they're worn. Hoping to drive mine down in summer months and keeping the wheels off my old car for the winter.

Heck, I may just keep the whole old car vs selling for scrap value. Nothing like a car you give zero 🤬's about for bad weather and other precarious uses.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought that looked familiar. I did comment on your post ;)

I was once an LS customer years ago... but the direction they are heading now days. Whole lotta nope from me. And that sucks because they are the only one close to me.

I hate having to swap tires out before they're worn. Hoping to drive mine down in summer months and keeping the wheels off my old car for the winter.

Heck, I may just keep the whole old car vs selling for scrap value. Nothing like a car you give zero 🤬's about for bad weather and other precarious uses.
I think the general rule of thumb is "give em a shot".

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought that looked familiar. I did comment on your post ;)

I was once an LS customer years ago... but the direction they are heading now days. Whole lotta nope from me. And that sucks because they are the only one close to me.

I think the general rule of thumb is "give em a shot".
I realized that too!😅

I'm appreciative of all the good advice on this forum! You guys have helped me out many times!👍✌

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just an objective difference of opinion here: Continental makes a decent line of bicycle tires...
Lol I've been seriously looking at Continental krytotals for my mountain bike! 🤣 Not sure I want to give up my maxxis ardents low rolling resistance, but I absolutely hate it as a front tire.

On topic... I see lots of bashing on the stock Continentals, but at almost 8k, mine have been just fine. Me and my wife do a lot of hiking, and I do a lot of mountain biking, so it's seen dirt roads. I'm not bashing anyone's opinion at all because let's face it... we all have different driving conditions.

My mavs tires look good right now, although I do notice just a bit of wear on the rear vs the fronts. Strange for a fwd hybrid. My complaints are that it's a bit loud (but well within my acceptable range) and they squawk every single time I need to accelerate onto a busy 45mph road. Ride quality, dirt road traction, and especially braking performance have all exceeded my expectations for a factory el cheapo tire.

Am I satisfied with the tires? Yes. Would I buy a set? No. I consider them good enough for a factory set of tires for the cheapest version of the cheapest truck on the market.

I AM watching closely for what you guys are doing for tires when it's time to change. I do need winter tires, but that's a different topic than this one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ran the Nittos thru heavy rain today and areas with the side of the curbed road up to 6" deep in water at 50mph. They have zero inclination to hydroplane. I took some curves at speed as well with nary a bobble. These tires seem pretty well stuck to the road and shed water like a duck's back.

ndmiller

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Azure Blue Metallic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Super happy with Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Way better than the Stock Conti tires, which I took off at 46 miles. Tread depth on stock 8/32" VS Michelin 13/32".
I got 68K from my first set on a Lexus LX570 which is 6000 pound without anything in it. AMAZING, replaced with another set and they prorated me the 2K mile miss (70K warranty) and gave me $50 off each tire. Bought for my wife's GX460 as well and when the Maverick arrives it will get a set as well.

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20230912_121311_resized.jpg

20230912_121544_resized.jpg

23 XLT.jpg
Thank you for showing the instrument. JP that sure looks like allot of tread on your truck, nice if teh treads is original tires

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

TBH, I don't expect any tires from the factory to be good. Even the Mavericks that come with the Wildpeaks are getting a nerfed version of the AT3W's that are actually closer to the Trails but not even sold to consumers anywhere other than on the Mavericks.
I know this is an old comment from last summer, but it's materially wrong.

The 235/65-17 Wildpeak AT3W that comes on the Tremor, 'aggressive off road' standalone tire option, and the '22 First Edition ecoboost is not nerfed in any way.

It is a SL (standard load) rated tire. Other sizes of the Wildpeak AT3W are E load rated tires (or better) and have more plies which makes them more durable offroad as well as deeper tread lugs, and this makes them significantly heavier and more costly. They have normal tread features and are the only Maverick OE tire that has the 3peak mountain snowflake winter rating.

If you buy another 235/65-17 Wildpeak AT3W it'll be the same tire. Not nerfed, just not a 10 ply tire.

Sponsored

Oneeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The continental tires are junk
3rd flat tire in 1yr and aways needing to put air in them every other week. Wish I had the money to go get anything but these. My rant for today. I woke up with another flat this morning

OP
OP
Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The continental tires are junk
3rd flat tire in 1yr and aways needing to put air in them every other week. Wish I had the money to go get anything but these. My rant for today. I woke up with another flat this morning
Sorry buddy. In 24 years of driving my dirt road they are the softest tire I've ever had on a vehicle. Total trash for my use. Not usable at all.

I am as cheap a guy as you'll meet and would have run mine until worn out if it was possible. They were so cut up by 3300 miles it was not possible or safe to continue having my wife drive on them.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You got Conti’s with your Maverick? Mine came with Michelins, same as on my wife’s Bronco Sport.
Lariats come with Michelins, XL and XLT's don't.

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You got Conti’s with your Maverick? Mine came with Michelins, same as on my wife’s Bronco Sport.
The Lariats come with the Michelin tires. the other trims are specked with the Continental tires.... at least that is what I have seen.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

4 OEM tires:
Any 18" wheel (Lariat, BAP, 18" machined-face standalone wheel) has Michelin Primacy 225/60-18
FX4 has 225/65-17 Pirelli Scorpion ATR
Tremor and First Edition Ecoboost have 235/65-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W
Everything else has a 225/65-17 Continental ProContact A/S

Weirdly enough, the Wildpeak is the only OEM with a 3PMS winter rating, and it's also the only one that's H speed rated.
Sponsored