IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey guys, just posting a photo of my Maverick. Enjoying it so far. Awesome truck. Long post. Feel free to just look at the pictures if you want. I don't post much and wanted to inject some positivity into the forum that I feel has been missing for a bit. Hoping to inspire others to share their builds...

2.0 Ecoboost AWD with Steeda Blowoff Adapter and Buschur Intake. I have the MRT performance Sport Truck exhaust (no muffler). Sounds clean and mean. Still looking into intercooler, downpipe, and tuning options. Truck already feels quick. Crazy that some guys are getting them to run as quick as the Trans Am WS6 I wanted back in the day. So much practicality in this rig as well!

Running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires in the 245/65/17 with stock wheels. No suspension upgrades yet. Tires really changed up the look of the truck. Looking into the H&R spring lift and the Belltech spacer lift.

Got the windows tinted and added the AVS visors, which also completely changed the truck's appearance. The X15 tonneau cover blends into the rear window and smooths things out as well. I bought the X15 and AVS stuff from RealTruck.com with our club discount.

Protecting my hood's leading edge from rock chips is the Lund Aeroskin smoke colored hood protector.

I plan to add Rigid brand 3" pod foglights (4) after cutting out the front blank spaces in the fascia. Would like to add a Yakima roof rack, Yakima roof basket, and 2 KC lights to the rack with the Yakima rack light adapters, but due to cost might have to skip that. It might end up being worth it to get that rally/baja look I'm going after. Looking into tasteful graphics as well to complete the exterior appearance. I love my stock wheels, but if my truck was a different color I'd get something else.

I installed a dash protector, neoprene seat covers, and floor mats to stay squared away inside. Also got door protectors for the back seat, so my dogs don't scratch things up.

Bought a center console organizer kit from Amazon for cheap too, but haven't installed. Still need the bed organizer cubbies from Ford and a swing case. Lots of great storage and organization potential for this truck!

Looking into options for utilization of the bed's electrical system as well. Maybe lights or a compressor. I bought a leather wrap kit for the steering wheel. Not looking forward to sewing that up, but it should look tight!

I love the truck. If Subaru re-released the Baja or Brat, that would have been my choice, but the Mav is the most fun option out right now for anyone wanting to build something like that! Almost went for the WRX, but the Maverick has a bed! This truck kicks ass and I expect other manufacturers will follow with similar offerings within the next 5 years!

That's all from me for now.
Ford Maverick The Baja Maverick Build Update Screenshot_20221005-090641~2
Ford Maverick The Baja Maverick Build Update Screenshot_20221005-090649~2
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
IconicSilverMaverick

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also installed the OEM mud flaps with help from the guys here at the club.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks like a tough Ford truck to me!

Kulture

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey guys, just posting a photo of my Maverick. Enjoying it so far. Awesome truck. Long post. Feel free to just look at the pictures if you want. I don't post much and wanted to inject some positivity into the forum that I feel has been missing for a bit. Hoping to inspire others to share their builds...

2.0 Ecoboost AWD with Steeda Blowoff Adapter and Buschur Intake. I have the MRT performance Sport Truck exhaust (no muffler). Sounds clean and mean. Still looking into intercooler, downpipe, and tuning options. Truck already feels quick. Crazy that some guys are getting them to run as quick as the Trans Am WS6 I wanted back in the day. So much practicality in this rig as well!

Running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires in the 245/65/17 with stock wheels. No suspension upgrades yet. Tires really changed up the look of the truck. Looking into the H&R spring lift and the Belltech spacer lift.

Got the windows tinted and added the AVS visors, which also completely changed the truck's appearance. The X15 tonneau cover blends into the rear window and smooths things out as well. I bought the X15 and AVS stuff from RealTruck.com with our club discount.

Protecting my hood's leading edge from rock chips is the Lund Aeroskin smoke colored hood protector.

I plan to add Rigid brand 3" pod foglights (4) after cutting out the front blank spaces in the fascia. Would like to add a Yakima roof rack, Yakima roof basket, and 2 KC lights to the rack with the Yakima rack light adapters, but due to cost might have to skip that. It might end up being worth it to get that rally/baja look I'm going after. Looking into tasteful graphics as well to complete the exterior appearance. I love my stock wheels, but if my truck was a different color I'd get something else.

I installed a dash protector, neoprene seat covers, and floor mats to stay squared away inside. Also got door protectors for the back seat, so my dogs don't scratch things up.

Bought a center console organizer kit from Amazon for cheap too, but haven't installed. Still need the bed organizer cubbies from Ford and a swing case. Lots of great storage and organization potential for this truck!

Looking into options for utilization of the bed's electrical system as well. Maybe lights or a compressor. I bought a leather wrap kit for the steering wheel. Not looking forward to sewing that up, but it should look tight!

I love the truck. If Subaru re-released the Baja or Brat, that would have been my choice, but the Mav is the most fun option out right now for anyone wanting to build something like that! Almost went for the WRX, but the Maverick has a bed! This truck kicks ass and I expect other manufacturers will follow with similar offerings within the next 5 years!

That's all from me for now.
Screenshot_20221005-090641~2.png
Screenshot_20221005-090649~2.png
I like the look of the MTs I was thinking about getting them and your truck totally made my decision. Do you have a side profile of your truck?

Sponsored

YuMADPlaza

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice truck, just wanted to share what mine looks like. I do a lot of off-road racing and wanted a nice look for when I show up to the races. Installed a front HRG leveling kit 1 1/2" with Mayhem Wheels and Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires 245/70R17 no issues rubbing at all.
Ford Maverick The Baja Maverick Build Update tempImageXDuSIS

OP
OP
IconicSilverMaverick

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll soon be installing a custom graphics set, 2" Eibach Pro Lift, Air Designs cab spoiler, CravenSpeed Stubby Jr antenna, Billie Bars with their MOLLE panels, and JJC A pillar mounts for 4" round KCs. Already pulled the trigger on all of that; just need to install.

Baja Maverick coming together. Still looking into JB4 with water/methanol injection.

Things I'm brainstorming include:

OEM bed compartments (I have the XL).

MOLLE panels for inside the bed

Bed lighting kit

Compressor

Cell signal booster

Mobile radio (I'm a technician class amateur radio operator - probably going with Yaesu.)

Air Designs fender flares. I can't get over how expensive these are. There aren't affordable alternatives at the moment.

No plans for wheels.

Please, hoping to see more posts from you guys with your trucks and mods. Every once in a while the forum just turns into a bunch of people complaining about this or that. I love reading about everyone's mods and what adventuring they're doing. See you later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
IconicSilverMaverick

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Working on this. Need to make some custom cuts on my X15 and get that back in.

Ordered the JJC A pillar mounts on 11/24 for the KCs, but they haven't shipped. Reached out to the seller to see what's up, but haven't heard back.

Work in progress...

Ford Maverick The Baja Maverick Build Update 1204221719~2

Sponsored

StrangeScience

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Working on this. Need to make some custom cuts on my X15 and get that back in.

Ordered the JJC A pillar mounts on 11/24 for the KCs, but they haven't shipped. Reached out to the seller to see what's up, but haven't heard back.

Work in progress...

1204221719~2.jpg
Have any more pics? Curious to see how this look.

Heyspike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.johnryan.us
Vehicle(s)
C5 - Fairway Green, SIlverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"I installed a dash protector, neoprene seat covers, and floor mats to stay squared away inside. Also got door protectors for the back seat, so my dogs don't scratch things up."

That's what I need, where did you get the door protectors? Can you post a photo or 2.
Thanks. My big guy scratches everything!
Ford Maverick The Baja Maverick Build Update IMG_20190707_155609_882

OP
OP
IconicSilverMaverick

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"I installed a dash protector, neoprene seat covers, and floor mats to stay squared away inside. Also got door protectors for the back seat, so my dogs don't scratch things up."

That's what I need, where did you get the door protectors? Can you post a photo or 2.
Thanks. My big guy scratches everything!
IMG_20190707_155609_882.jpg
I think I ordered them from Ford when they were running some sales, but you should be able to find the seat cover and door protectors on Amazon too. The brand is 4Knines.

OP
OP
IconicSilverMaverick

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am I the first dude in the club with KCs?

Work in progress...

Could have done better on the tailgate spoiler install, but doubt many will notice. I'll take a heat gun to it and try again if it really starts to bother me.

Next big appearance change will be the 2" Eibach spring lift, 2 inch wheel spacers for a wide aggressive stance and to sync up with some fender flares, vinyl graphics, and 4 KC pod lights where the tow hooks should be. Still need to put a MTC sticker on my rear window.

Planned performance upgrades include JB4 with water/methanol injection and Steeda front and rear sway bars. I just noticed that the Steeda parts are on sale at their website. I guess lots of people will be running sales for the new year.

I still need to modify my X15 tonneau to fit with my MOLLE panel and crossbar setup. Speaking of modification, I meant to say that I had to do a bit of dremel work on my JJC A pillar light mounts to allow the KC bolt to fit through the mount. Didn't take much.

Ordered a blank panel for the cubby by the radio that everyone always talks about, to mount a switch for the KC lights.

Still loving the truck. So much better ride quality than a conventional truck.

Ford Maverick The Baja Maverick Build Update 1226221423a_HDR~3

Ford Maverick The Baja Maverick Build Update 1226221422_HDR~3
Sponsored

Last edited: