First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you actually see that option in the video?
I couldn't tell from the video. I don't think the switch will be a dead giveaway either. It'll just have to be tested if the switch can be either pulled down or pressed up to activate the tilt.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice comparison from TFL of a bone stock base XL to a Loaded First Edition:

Oh no he didn't just say, "trucklette"?! :mad::mad:

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As far the 17mpg’s go they may have simply turned auto stop/stop off. Also, according to the owners manual these are a few more reasons why it would still idle and not turn off, therefore lowering mpgs. The system does not stop the engine if: • The driver door is open. • Your vehicle is at high altitude. • The heated windshield is on. • The engine is warming up. • The outside temperature is too low or too high. • The battery charge is low. • The battery temperature is outside the optimal operating range. • The engine is required to run to maintain interior climate and reduce fogging.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
As far the 17mpg’s go they may have simply turned auto stop/stop off. Also, according to the owners manual these are a few more reasons why it would still idle and not turn off, therefore lowering mpgs. The system does not stop the engine if: • The driver door is open. • Your vehicle is at high altitude. • The heated windshield is on. • The engine is warming up. • The outside temperature is too low or too high. • The battery charge is low. • The battery temperature is outside the optimal operating range. • The engine is required to run to maintain interior climate and reduce fogging.
There's also one fact that everyone seems to forget, whether you're hybrid or an Ecoboost? The way each person drives matters every bit as much as what is being driven.

For example, the 2.0l Ecoboost they put in 2017 Escapes is rated at 22/29 but I can absolutely GUARANTEE you that with a lead foot driver? <21 mpg combined is a very possible real world result. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very true Jason lol

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I couldn't tell from the video. I don't think the switch will be a dead giveaway either. It'll just have to be tested if the switch can be either pulled down or pressed up to activate the tilt.
I asked because as stated earlier in this thread, Ford changed the wording in the order guide and it sounds like tilt might be gone. I'm not really looking for any speculation, just any confirmation sightings of the switch that show it tilts like my Explorer does.

OP
OP
Abox5

Abox5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
YEP, that's the dummy cover; I envision accessories designed to replace that cover.
That is the access for the handle, latch rods, and locking assemblies. Not much room for storage on the inside, but someone could make a replace panel that sticks out from the tailgate to store some things

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked because as stated earlier in this thread, Ford changed the wording in the order guide and it sounds like tilt might be gone. I'm not really looking for any speculation, just any confirmation sightings of the switch that show it tilts like my Explorer does.
I hope you find your answer soon.

rp2s

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None, waiting for 2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you actually see that option in the video?
Go to ford.com and look up the Maverick. It is a tilt and slide moonroof. Do some research.

Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go to ford.com and look up the Maverick. It is a tilt and slide moonroof. Do some research.
Right back at you bud, they removed it from the order guide this week which is way more reliable than the build and price website. It's really frustrating when people come in here with actually no research and even less knowledge and muddy up these threads

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right back at you bud, they removed it from the order guide this week which is way more reliable than the build and price website. It's really frustrating when people come in here with actually no research and even less knowledge and muddy up these threads
Is the tilt function a deal breaker for you?

The way you’re responding it must be.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
it’s tilt/slide per the owners manual

Ford Maverick TFL - Maverick XL vs Lariat Hands-On Video (Non-Driving) 596B8E8F-FB29-4153-9893-812C18C611CA

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to @fordvideoguy guy, the wording on the ordering form changed last week and removed the word tilt. Latest Order Guide

Interesting, FE still says tilt, but they likely forgot to remove the wording. I really hope it's all a mistake and we still get tilt....

1632842282982.png

Or they just let it idle a lot - which is highly likely. This would kill the MPG quickly.
Is the tilt function a deal breaker for you?

The way you’re responding it must be.
@CoryDallas8123, not a dealbreaker - just want to know what ended up in the truck since there is clearly contradicting information (between order guide, original stickers, and the manual). The following comment did set me off, and I shouldn't have taken the bait.

Do some research.
it’s tilt/slide per the owners manual

596B8E8F-FB29-4153-9893-812C18C611CA.png
Yep - just trying to confirm what we are getting in the truck. Tilt is something I actually use a lot in the explorer, but it won't stop if withheld in the the mav.

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its been mentioned before that it appears to sit pretty low- Needs to have more of an upswept bend- Hoping aftermarket can help
Yeh...That bothers me. A primary duty (as it is now with my 2006 Ranger yardtruck) will be runs to the compost dump . I bring dead plants, leaves, weeds-and then bring back their great (free) mulch. BUT the surface of the dump is very rutted and has small rocks embedded in the mud. My Ranger Sport is fine-but that undercarriage looks like a boulevard cruiser. Am hoping that's an optical illusion.
Sponsored