First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just noticed something in this video I had not noticed before... When the tailgate is lowered you will notice a blank-off plate secured by 8 screws at the top half of the tailgate (access to the tailgate latch). I'm hope someone will design a replacement insert for this space to store random stuff like a tarp, bed net, wash kit, etc.
Sponsored

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
According to @fordvideoguy guy, the wording on the ordering form changed last week and removed the word tilt. Latest Order Guide

Interesting, FE still says tilt, but they likely forgot to remove the wording. I really hope it's all a mistake and we still get tilt....

1632842282982.png

Or they just let it idle a lot - which is highly likely. This would kill the MPG quickly.
Ugh, have to love the inconsistent options over the last few months. On the configurator, it still lists it as Power Tilt/Slide.

In the quick reference guide (printed July 2021), it says this:
Ford Maverick TFL - Maverick XL vs Lariat Hands-On Video (Non-Driving) 1632843375741

Radar

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F150
I hope not. Yikes. If that’s the case, I’ll stick with my Canyon for now. I hope they clarify that.
I’m guessing there was a lot of idling in that 34 miles. Sitting around and messing with the toys on the inside of the truck.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just watched the video. Love the TFL guys. But damn, STOP TALKING ABOUT WATER BOTTLES! Hahaha. It’s my biggest gripe. Ford still plugging that hard.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
I have no intention of going off-road - though where I live, some of the dirt roads would qualify. You can see about where it aligns with the wheels. It IS low-hanging! That bugs me a little, but I can't even get my head under the engine compartment of my Transit Connect and have not had an issue yet. Just illustrates that this model is intended for road-only.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I saw it, too. My optimistic self is guessing they were probably driving it hard OR just not caring about MPG's when they got behind the wheel, assuming they were behind the wheel.

I just spent $72 filling up my Grand Cherokee on Sunday, so even though MPGs aren't the biggest selling point, anything higher than I'm getting now would be great, but that 17 ain't it. :ROFLMAO:

I think the window sticker numbers are the safer bet.
My Chevy gets 13.7 per Fuelly anything would be better..

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just noticed something in this video I had not noticed before... When the tailgate is lowered you will notice a blank-off plate secured by 8 screws at the top half of the tailgate (access to the tailgate latch). I'm hope someone will design a replacement insert for this space to store random stuff like a tarp, bed net, wash kit, etc.
Also noticed the base XL in the video had front carpeted floor liners.. Not in the brochure.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Yep this is a great video..... I will be getting the slow open tailgate kit listed in the assy catalog for $50

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
According to @fordvideoguy guy, the wording on the ordering form changed last week and removed the word tilt. Latest Order Guide

Interesting, FE still says tilt, but they likely forgot to remove the wording. I really hope it's all a mistake and we still get tilt....

1632842282982.png

Or they just let it idle a lot - which is highly likely. This would kill the MPG quickly.
I did also mention that the wording wasn't changed on 1st edition and I believe another area on the order guide and I think that was missed over by mistake.

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
Great video - The main thing that stuck out to me was the 2.0 exhaust pipe being under the differential instead of the gigantic empty space above the diff. That means any lift will likely require exhaust rerouting.

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep this is a great video..... I will be getting the slow open tailgate kit listed in the assy catalog for $50
That will be a day 1 add on for me too.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, the standard 12V battery is located under the rear seat of the Hybrid.. Where did they mount the high voltage battery?

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m guessing there was a lot of idling in that 34 miles. Sitting around and messing with the toys on the inside of the truck.
No such thing as idling with an auto start stop feature.... the engine shuts off

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The High volt battery? It's on the outside under the passenger front seat - I hope it is completely weather sealed or that could be problematic place to put it in salt and snow country or rock country

- anyone for off roading in FWD Maverick? :)

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, the standard 12V battery is located under the rear seat of the Hybrid.. Where did they mount the high voltage battery?
It's under the floor on the passenger side.
Sponsored