First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow that Ranger (Mazda version) was almost the same as my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab. I had those same Jump Seats. When I test drove before ordering I realized that even the 3.0L V6 sucked at acceleration especially merging into traffic so I went with the 4.0L V6 with the automatic.

I had the Ranger for 16+ years and I missed it for the past 7 years but now I will be again have a truck again and not sacrifice fuel economy. My 2015 Honda Fit Ex averaged 29.8 MPG over it's life and my Hybrid Maverick is even better since my driving is now about 90% city miles.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow that Ranger (Mazda version) was almost the same as my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab. I had those same Jump Seats. When I test drove before ordering I realized that even the 3.0L V6 sucked at acceleration especially merging into traffic so I went with the 4.0L V6 with the automatic.

I had the Ranger for 16+ years and I missed it for the past 7 years but now I will be again have a truck again and not sacrifice fuel economy. My 2015 Honda Fit Ex averaged 29.8 MPG over it's life and my Hybrid Maverick is even better since my driving is now about 90% city miles.
We're basically the same person lol. My first vehicle was a colorado and I've missed having a truck. But since getting my Fit 6 years ago it's been too good to replace. And the "midsize" truck options to big and expensive.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We're basically the same person lol. My first vehicle was a colorado and I've missed having a truck. But since getting my Fit 6 years ago it's been too good to replace. And the "midsize" truck options to big and expensive.
I've already sold my 2015 Honda Fit Ex to Carvana for $16,523 and sharing the wife's 2009 Honda CR-V Ex until my Maverick Hybrid arrives late December/Early January. I had the Fit for 7 years + 1 month.

Carvana has my 2015 Honda Fit up for sale at $18,590. They paid me $16,523 for it on 10/26. New MSRP was $19,025 in September 2014.

my 2015 Honda Fit up for resale sold

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've already sold my 2015 Honda Fit Ex to Carvana for $16,523 and sharing the wife's 2009 Honda CR-V Ex until my Maverick Hybrid arrives late December/Early January. I had the Fit for 7 years + 1 month.

Carvana has my 2015 Honda Fit up for sale at $18,590. They paid me $16,523 for it on 10/26. New MSRP was $19,025 in September 2014.

my 2015 Honda Fit up for resale sold
Wow. That is crazy. Almost makes me tempted to see what they will give me for my 2011. I'm planning on keeping it as a spare vehicle but I could buy something more fun if they are offering that much.

leap3535

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now I have no worries about having to accelerate or merge into traffic! 🥰

AlZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer Limited, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually I have been waiting for this comparison, I have a 99 Ranger Supercab I'm trading in for my Maverick. And the Maverick in the video is pretty much what I ordered. I can relate( when I get my Maverick) lol

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That 0-60 time is super impressive. MotorTrend got 7.0 for the EB. Also there's a shot of the gauges showing 63 miles of travel at 43.3mpg.

The Maverick Hybrid is a unique vehicle. The combination of performance, efficiency, utility, and price.. I don't know that there is anything that comes close.

TMAC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & 94 Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great comparison with the Ranger we all recognize. THANK YOU. Anybody have Jay Leno's cell # ? He would have fun with the return of small pick ups. I cuss, there has been demand for small pick ups since Ford & Mazda were cooperating. Where the heck did little pick ups GO ? I am going to give up my 94 Siverado, two door for modern front wheel drive. Sacrilege ? Yes I may end up in Hedes. But FORD is all about
America.

Ford Maverick TFL Compares Maverick Hybrid to the Original Ford Ranger silvera

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great comparison with the Ranger we all recognize. THANK YOU. Anybody have Jay Leno's cell # ? He would have fun with the return of small pick ups. I cuss, there has been demand for small pick ups since Ford & Mazda were cooperating. Where the heck did little pick ups GO ? I am going to give up my 94 Siverado, two door for modern front wheel drive. Sacrilege ? Yes I may end up in Hedes. But FORD is all about
America.

silvera.jpg
Very well kept truck.

Don't expect we'll go to front wheel drive Hades after serving all this scheduling Purgatory ahead of time.

Deleted member 6544

Wow. That is crazy. Almost makes me tempted to see what they will give me for my 2011. I'm planning on keeping it as a spare vehicle but I could buy something more fun if they are offering that much.
Not sure what the gig is but for giggles I entered my 2021 Wrangle Willys trimmed Jeep to Carvana. They offered me $25.000. When I discovered the Maverick and ordered one the dealer gave me $35,000 for the Willys.
Sorry for the hijack, carry on.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Where the heck did little pick ups GO ?
EPA started cracking down on emissions requirements 20 years ago, but there was an exemption for trucks. The caveat is that this exemption was based on the total footprint of the vehicle. So the decision came down to making small trucks more efficient or making them bigger. We all know how things turned out.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wish there was a SuperCab option for the Mav (with a couple more feet for the bed). I had a 94 Ranger SuperCab.
Sponsored