First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This morning, I have been looking at the derailment (drone) videos of the unfortunate derailment in East Palestine, PA. I spotted a group of stacked wreckage. And these were NOT Railcars. I counted (ten). The Unibody box, fender badge and fuel filler look right... The pile in the background could be more...😪

Ford Maverick Ten Mavericks lost in East Palestine train derailment ?? Mavs lost in East Palstine derailment

Jerry G.
(I am a model railroader and a railfan...)
Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This morning, I have been looking at the derailment (drone) videos of the unfortunate derailment in East Palestine, PA. I spotted a group of stacked wreckage. And these were NOT Railcars. I counted (ten). The Unibody box, fender badge and fuel filler look right... The pile in the background could be more...😪

Mavs lost in East Palstine derailment..jpg

Jerry G.
Good work. This sucks for people who ordered Mavericks for that area of the country. Probably some of them have already waited a year a more, now this setback. Another reason for another Fordacronym - Figuring On Railcar Derailment

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, about the RIP Maverick sub forum idea I mentioned ten minutes ago...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fcnrwy

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And another giveaway, is the lack of the hood. Since I believe it is made out of aluminum. Which means it doesn't take extreme heat too well..

TonyTee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tonytrafficlight.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid, 2023 iRacing F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had seen someone post some burned out hulks maybe on Reddit and they thought they were Mavericks.
Was looking at what was on the cars yesterday during a boring day at work, and there was 1 auto car on that train and a heck of a lot of "malt liquor"

Ford Maverick Ten Mavericks lost in East Palestine train derailment ?? Untitled

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Those do look like Mavericks. Glad mine isnt built yet. Sounds like the least of the issue with this derailment. Really what I think is sad is the decline of the railway in my lifetime. I grew up in Springfield OH. Watched em pull up the second track between the cities, watched the bridge get older and gnarlyier, we even had a small derailment in a river went paddling down couple years ago that I played in all summer as a youth. Rail is the literally backbone of all American progress. I know the prez loves it and infrastructure. Sure wish we could spend a few % of our wasteful projects from all areas to partner with the railroads and re design the whole dang system for a new century. Faster, safer, and more. It would take some of the burden off the long haul trucking industry. Building all those new lines would create thousand and thousands of high paying jobs, possibly even in robotics(new build techniques). Those jobs would also do something important, get people to travel to different parts of the country as they work. Bringing us together as a country.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had seen someone post some burned out hulks maybe on Reddit and they thought they were Mavericks.
Was looking at what was on the cars yesterday during a boring day at work, and there was 1 auto car on that train and a heck of a lot of "malt liquor"

Untitled.png
Geeze what a party!

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Mavs lost in East Palstine derailment..jpg

Jerry G.
First time I've been happy my Maverick isn't built.

From a Central Ohioan and former resident of the east side of the state - I feel terrible for the area.

OP
OP
Fcnrwy

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, about the RIP Maverick sub forum idea I mentioned ten minutes ago...
A few weeks ago, I found online a Auto Salvage site. There were 60+ Mavs in various states of distress. But, they looked a lot better then these unfortunate ten...

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those do look like Mavericks. Glad mine isnt built yet. Sounds like the least of the issue with this derailment. Really what I think is sad is the decline of the railway in my lifetime. I grew up in Springfield OH. Watched em pull up the second track between the cities, watched the bridge get older and gnarlyier, we even had a small derailment in a river went paddling down couple years ago that I played in all summer as a youth. Rail is the literally backbone of all American progress. I know the prez loves it and infrastructure. Sure wish we could spend a few % of our wasteful projects from all areas to partner with the railroads and re design the whole dang system for a new century. Faster, safer, and more. It would take some of the burden off the long haul trucking industry. Building all those new lines would create thousand and thousands of high paying jobs, possibly even in robotics(new build techniques). Those jobs would also do something important, get people to travel to different parts of the country as they work. Bringing us together as a country.
Grew up in Vandalia/Englewood area and watched the same.
We should have been focused on making our rail system work smarter for us a long time ago.
Now, we're seeing the results. Beat-up roads, burnt-out truckers.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah someone posted this on Facebook last week. Seems to probably be the same area.

Ford Maverick Ten Mavericks lost in East Palestine train derailment ?? mav derail

Gooberhamm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla S Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Untitled.png
You had me at "malt liquor." Ha ha!
Sponsored