First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curt's chart shows it will not work on maverick. Looked under my lariat FE and only have 5/8" between spare and crash bar and 3/8" between spare and points of teeth on spare tire crash ripper. Looks also like 4 holes would have to be drilled through crash bar = biggie no no!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who are wondering what the link in for it is a:

Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2"
for a Jeep Wrangler for $88.25

When selecting: 2022 Ford Maverick it does state "NOT CONFIRMED TO FIT 2022 Ford Maverick"

But as the OP asks would it fit the Maverick?

If you try to select MY2022 and Ford it does not show any hitch available for the Maverick.

However it does show one available for the Bronco Sport but that hitch is completely different and much more expensive at $244.25 or $274.45

Class III Receiver Hitch - 2022 Ford Bronco Sport

On my Maverick order last August I forgot to put on the $100 Hitch and when I realized I should do that my order was scheduled on 9/16 for an 11/8 build and I could not change it add it.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was my plan since my sales person suggest removing all option from my Jan 5 2022 order, that did work since I was able to pick it up yesterday. My dealer had agreed to add the removed options at the same cost as if ordered for build. From what I have read it cost 810.00 to add the OEM parts but that is their problem now. I had planned on the 50.00 weld on reciever and the 100.00 Bronco Sport wire harness from E-Trailer. Now hopefully I will get the OEM setup for 100.00 total. Time will tell.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the Lariat Lux package. That is supposed to come with the hitch, correct? What threw me off is when I built one, it allowed me to add it as well. Mine still hasn't been scheduled so I want to make sure I'm covered before it is.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looked under my lariat FE and only have 5/8" between spare and crash bar and 3/8" between spare and points of teeth on spare tire crash ripper.
On my Maverick XLT Hybrid with the Full Size Spare Tire I have 1 3/8" from the back of the Crash Bar to the Spare Tire so clearance looks good.

And why would the distance between spare and points of teeth on spare tire crash ripper have any bearing whatsoever in mounting the hitch on the Crash Bar?

Looks also like 4 holes would have to be drilled through crash bar = biggie no no!
Why?

Are you saying that those who bought the hitch for the Jeep Wrangler and used those four holes are unsafe?

I would like to know why you state it is a big no no?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem I see with this hitch is that the Maverick Crash Bar is 2" thick and this hitch seems like the opening is 3 1/2" so there would be a 1 1/2" gap between the front and back holes.

I am going to ask it a hitch similar to this one can be make for the Maverick.

Ford Maverick Tell me why not use this 9883544 dimensions_2_800

Last edited:

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Lariat Lux package. That is supposed to come with the hitch, correct? What threw me off is when I built one, it allowed me to add it as well. Mine still hasn't been scheduled so I want to make sure I'm covered before it is.
I believe you are correct. Check the order guide that was in place on the date your order was confirmed. Order guides are in the "Ordering, Pricing, Production" section of this forum.

I downloaded the order guide that corresponds to my order date, just to have it on hand, especially considering the span of months between my order date and eventual delivery date. I want to make sure I'm getting the equipment that was in the specs when I placed my order.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're orders should be fine & yes both will come with the trailer hitch (4-pin).

The holdup will not be the trailer hitch, it's the chips to fulfill the Lux Package items. Ford is still producing orders from mid summer 2021 to late summer 2021.

Words: Ordering in October and November, don't expect it for at least 8-9 months from order date. I ordered Lariat Hybrid FE 07/07/2021 and it was dealer delivered 03/03/2022.

Best advice? Be patient and get excited when the tracking provides a Built Date.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my Maverick XLT Hybrid with the Full Size Spare Tire I have 1 3/8" from the back of the Crash Bar to the Spare Tire so clearance looks good.

And why would the distance between spare and points of teeth on spare tire crash ripper have any bearing whatsoever in mounting the hitch on the Crash Bar?

Why?

Are you saying that those who bought the hitch for the Jeep Wrangler and used those four holes are unsafe?

I would like to know why you state it is a big no no?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem I see with this hitch is that the Maverick Crash Bar is 2" thick and this hitch seems like the opening is 3 1/2" so there would be a 1 1/2" gap between the front and back holes.

I am going to ask it a hitch similar to this one can be make for the Maverick.

9883544 dimensions_2_800.jpg
There may be one with correct gap.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those who are wondering what the link in for it is a:

for a Jeep Wrangler for $88.25

When selecting: 2022 Ford Maverick it does state "NOT CONFIRMED TO FIT 2022 Ford Maverick"

But as the OP asks would it fit the Maverick?

If you try to select MY2022 and Ford it does not show any hitch available for the Maverick.

However it does show one available for the Bronco Sport but that hitch is completely different and much more expensive at $244.25 or $274.45

Class III Receiver Hitch - 2022 Ford Bronco Sport

On my Maverick order last August I forgot to put on the $100 Hitch and when I realized I should do that my order was scheduled on 9/16 for an 11/8 build and I could not change it add it.
Was more of an example. This one may not fit the Maverick. But I believe there are some that would.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You're orders should be fine & yes both will come with the trailer hitch (4-pin).

The holdup will not be the trailer hitch, it's the chips to fulfill the Lux Package items. Ford is still producing orders from mid summer 2021 to late summer 2021.

Words: Ordering in October and November, don't expect it for at least 8-9 months from order date. I ordered Lariat Hybrid FE 07/07/2021 and it was dealer delivered 03/03/2022.

Best advice? Be patient and get excited when the tracking provides a Built Date.
Yeah, I've already got it in my mind that I won't see it until August-September. I kind of hope one get pushed so I can see which one I want if there any extras. I just don't want to get scheduled right before they announce the 2023 changes and I get mine right before the 2023 starts production.
Sponsored