First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered late June and after 9 months I finally got the call from Dealer That my mave had arrived. Now up to this point I had nothing but good things to say about The dealer, but I came in late Friday to pick up, got a quote for trade in first wasn’t what I wanted so asked to forget trade in and just focus on the financing this is we’re things got iffy, before he ran my credit he came back with a “estimated” apr range fishing for me to agree so he can get me into those higher rates. I said no thank you I want the rates that were available when I ordered, he looks at me and says those don’t exist after a little back and forth they finally agree annoying but ok let’s move on. Comes back with paper in hand won’t show it to me and says your credit won’t support two car payments so you have to trade in your car. I was offered almost 5k else where so no way was that gonna happen so again more back and forth finally it’s getting late so I say fine no worries I’ll go trade in my car tonight and be back first thing in the morning. He proceeds to say you can’t do that if you walk out now your forfeiting you right to the truck. This instantly made my blood boil. Kept my cool and after a little back and forth and some raising of my voice he agrees to push it through if I put a larger down payment I agree no biggie since I had planned to put it anyways just hadn’t told them. All wells that ends well I guess but funny thing is at the end he was trying to play nice so I said cool it all worked out so now we can laugh,I said you were fishing with the higher apr’s af first he laughs and says yea if you had said yes that’s what we would have given you. Then starts to ask where I’m getting my info about the order date apr and price protection etc. I said ford video guy search em up on YouTube. They laugh and say why don’t we do those videos guy says he’ll nah that guy is gonna get fired revealing all that. It all worked out for me so I have no grudge but moral of the story is do your homework and don’t walk in to a dealer uneducated cause they will screw you.

Now to the good part. The mav in XL trim is a freaking steal. Is definitely not luxurious in any way but we’ll designed for the price. The hybrid is not fast in anyways but plenty of power to get from A to B. The breaks are a bit touchy weird regen to breaks feel but after only 30+ miles it’s not bad I’ve just been letting up on the break as I get close to a complete stop and that seems to stop it smoothly.
the bed is small but plenty for those coming from a car or suv.

Couldn’t stand the steelies so swapped those out today with only 30 miles on the odo. Lol.
Threw on the some TE37’s with adapters and falken rubitrek 245/70 17 and a 1.25 inch leveling kit. I am getting very slight rubbing on the felt liner but nothing that concerns me. Did notice that bumps are a little harsher now but could just be me after all I only have about 50 miles on it now. Lol.
Just have a couple crappy pics for tonight still have some things to install so will get better pics when it’s done.

Ford Maverick TE37’s Maverick Build 5E60B294-0A65-4ACC-931D-AC536E84229B

Ford Maverick TE37’s Maverick Build 3816A806-A6A4-45D7-A69E-B1D7FF3F0BE5

Ford Maverick TE37’s Maverick Build 92C75E72-A9C9-4D46-AA40-60A892027968

Ford Maverick TE37’s Maverick Build 473e86c6-3ec3-4816-ac02-837267e4682c-jpe

First wash and added mudflaps and Tint matched the front windows.

Ford Maverick TE37’s Maverick Build 472d8b33-6df6-47a7-8fa3-c4b6368898d9-jpe

Ford Maverick TE37’s Maverick Build d2d3ec79-6b35-4ff5-b35d-c81afa83db87-jpe
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Starfysh

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered late June and after 9 months I finally got the call from Dealer That my mave had arrived. Now up to this point I had nothing but good things to say about The dealer, but I came in late Friday to pick up, got a quote for trade in first wasn’t what I wanted so asked to forget trade in and just focus on the financing this is we’re things got iffy, before he ran my credit he came back with a “estimated” apr range fishing for me to agree so he can get me into those higher rates. I said no thank you I want the rates that were available when I ordered, he looks at me and says those don’t exist after a little back and forth they finally agree annoying but ok let’s move on. Comes back with paper in hand won’t show it to me and says your credit won’t support two car payments so you have to trade in your car. I was offered almost 5k else where so no way was that gonna happen so again more back and forth finally it’s getting late so I say fine no worries I’ll go trade in my car tonight and be back first thing in the morning. He proceeds to say you can’t do that if you walk out now your forfeiting you right to the truck. This instantly made my blood boil. Kept my cool and after a little back and forth and some raising of my voice he agrees to push it through if I put a larger down payment I agree no biggie since I had planned to put it anyways just hadn’t told them. All wells that ends well I guess but funny thing is at the end he was trying to play nice so I said cool it all worked out so now we can laugh,I said you were fishing with the higher apr’s af first he laughs and says yea if you had said yes that’s what we would have given you. Then starts to ask where I’m getting my info about the order date apr and price protection etc. I said ford video guy search em up on YouTube. They laugh and say why don’t we do those videos guy says he’ll nah that guy is gonna get fired revealing all that. It all worked out for me so I have no grudge but moral of the story is do your homework and don’t walk in to a dealer uneducated cause they will screw you.

Now to the good part. The mav in XL trim is a freaking steal. Is definitely not luxurious in any way but we’ll designed for the price. The hybrid is not fast in anyways but plenty of power to get from A to B. The breaks are a bit touchy weird regen to breaks feel but after only 30+ miles it’s not bad I’ve just been letting up on the break as I get close to a complete stop and that seems to stop it smoothly.

Couldn’t stand the steelies so swapped those out today with only 30 miles on the odo. Lol.
Threw on the some TE37’s with adapters and falken rubitrek 245/70 17 and a 1.25 inch leveling kit. I am getting very slight rubbing on the felt liner but nothing that concerns me. Did notice that bumps are a little harsher now but could just be me after all I only have about 50 miles on it now. Lol.
Just have a couple crappy pics for tonight still have some things to install so will get better pics when it’s done.

5E60B294-0A65-4ACC-931D-AC536E84229B.jpeg

3816A806-A6A4-45D7-A69E-B1D7FF3F0BE5.jpeg

92C75E72-A9C9-4D46-AA40-60A892027968.jpeg

Letting up on brake does it. Eco or sport settings ? Surprised how I leave people at the light. Fun little truck. Had Silverado . 27.9 on gas city.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad you called the Finance person's bluff and managed through it. Negotiations is one thing, but the blatant lying that goes on in Finance departments is what leaves me speechless, and I will not tolerate it.

@fordvideoguy and Long McArthur in contrast to that dopes comments is everything that an experience at a dealership should be; honest, transparent, and a process that establishes a long term with customers.

@TE37Mav Couple questions if you don't mind:
1. Curious why you went with a 245/70/17 profile rather than 245/65/17 (which helps avoid the rubbing)?

2. In your seat of the pants observation, does the install of the leveling kit change the feel of the front end and make it firmer, bumpier, or smoother, etc? Interested to hear feedback on it.

Lastly, congrats on the Mav. O.G. even a step further back would be a set of Epsilon Mesh....can't get more OG than that 😉

Sponsored

Dyllicious

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW ID.4 and a 95 NA Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Te37s look amazing on everything. Love it

OP
OP

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t worry about the CarMax sign not selling already just trading in my other car.

Ford Maverick TE37’s Maverick Build F01E7D5A-4F9E-4FF6-9CA8-0CC398AECF96

Ford Maverick TE37’s Maverick Build EE7238DA-6AA0-455D-886C-A122C0EFFC48

Ford Maverick TE37’s Maverick Build 1FEA4E5B-D035-4242-B855-5A89457682C2

OP
OP

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad you called the Finance person's bluff and managed through it. Negotiations is one thing, but the blatant lying that goes on in Finance departments is what leaves me speechless, and I will not tolerate it.

@fordvideoguy and Long McArthur in contrast to that dopes comments is everything that an experience at a dealership should be; honest, transparent, and a process that establishes a long term with customers.

@TE37Mav Couple questions if you don't mind:
1. Curious why you went with a 245/70/17 profile rather than 245/65/17 (which helps avoid the rubbing)?

2. In your seat of the pants observation, does the install of the leveling kit change the feel of the front end and make it firmer, bumpier, or smoother, etc? Interested to hear feedback on it.

Lastly, congrats on the Mav. O.G. even a step further back would be a set of Epsilon Mesh....can't get more OG than that 😉
245/65 is a little to small. Honestly. The perfect size for me would be 235/70 butt there’s no good tire choices in that size.

Only driven the truck a total of 40 miles 20 without and 20 with level. Front feels almost the same can’t tell much of a difference. Going over bumps on the road fast does feel like a tiny bit harsher but that could be cause of the weight and size of the tires.

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t get me wrong bc at the end of the day, it’s still a good looking wheel but I don’t understand the cult following these wheels and the rpf1’s have…they’re both very “vanilla” looking

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Don’t get me wrong bc at the end of the day, it’s still a good looking wheel but I don’t understand the cult following these wheels and the rpf1’s have…they’re both very “vanilla” looking
Because they look good on everything

Real basic and clean, they have also aged really well

I am strongly considering doing mine up in a JDM style (without being too obvious since it’s not japanese at all)

Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because they look good on everything

Real basic and clean, they have also aged really well

I am strongly considering doing mine up in a JDM style (without being too obvious since it’s not japanese at all)
All valid points!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Amazing that in this day and age that dealers don't know that a lot of people use that huge educational device called the Internet!! I guess there must still be enough people out there that don't educate themselves before buying a vehicle that the kind shenanigans your salesman pulled still works!
Love the new look on your Maverick, wheels really look cool!

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Glad to see you were able to keep the slime off you and your truck. I am still a taken back by how many and how unscrupulous salesmen there are out there.

OP
OP

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forgot to post pic I cut the visors to size. Ford really needs to make its own accessories these things fit like absolute garbage. Rears had to be cut short and pointy side reshaped. Fronts I cut off the peace that goes into the rear view mirror it was to thick and messing with the seal and window going up and down. Shape on fronts is completely off. Will replace these if something better becomes available.

Ford Maverick TE37’s Maverick Build 551B211F-D21E-4A66-BA45-34AE82494663

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like TE37s (and RPF1s), but IMO they really don't look good on the Maverick; especially with bigger and more aggressive tires.
Sponsored

Last edited: