• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 13, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 13, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Wisconsin Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut ($25)

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid XL, 2006 VW Jetta Smyth UTE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like many here, I added a tailgate strut and then the tailgate won't close with the stock tiedown bracket in place. So I made one out of scrap metal I had in a bin and posted it in my build thread here, and others asked if I'd be interested in making a few more.

I have a few of these available. The steel is thicker than it needs to be, 1/8". Cut, bent, drilled, chamfered, corners radiused, welded, sanded, powdercoated, and shipped to your door for $25 each, shipping is included.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut ($25) Image1

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut ($25) image2

PayPal is strongly preferred
, but if you don't have PayPal and need me to list one for purchase on eBay, I can do that as well. If you have an interest, please send me a private message (don't post to this thread). The amount is limited. Be aware that I'm not a fabricator. I make things because I enjoy making things. And because some accessories just cost too much, and they shouldn't.

Because I make these one at a time by hand, it may not look as perfect as one that comes out of a factory in China. But it is well-built and solid and it works like it should, and of course, it's made in the USA.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut ($25) usa

My thanks go to @Dean S (his thread here) who came up with this outstanding minimalist design and shared it with us.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut ($25) proof
Sponsored

Last edited:

mav ir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like many here, I added a tailgate strut and then the tailgate won't close with the stock tiedown bracket in place. So I made one out of scrap metal I had in a bin and posted it in my build thread here, and others asked if I'd be interested in making a few more.

I have a few of these available. The steel is thicker than it needs to be, 1/8". Cut, bent, drilled, chamfered, corners radiused, welded, sanded, powdercoated, and shipped to your door for $25 each, shipping is included.

Image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Sorry, I can accept PayPal only at this time. If you have an interest, please send me a private message (don't post to this thread) with how many you'd like. The amount is limited. Be aware that I'm not a fabricator. I make things because I enjoy making things. And because some accessories just cost too much, and they shouldn't. Because I make these one at a time by hand, it may not look as perfect as one that comes out of a factory in China. But it is well-built and solid and it works like it should, and of course, it's made in the USA. My thanks go to @Dean S (his thread here) who came up with this outstanding minimalist idea.

proof.jpg
Hi Lane - I would love to get one.... if you send me the Payapl address, I'll send the payment.

Thanks for the solution!

Goosey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still have some?

OP
OP
Lane

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still have some?
Yes, some still available! Please send a private message if you'd like one (if a person isn't familiar - click my profile pic, then "start conversation").

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lane

Lane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now available - a choice between powder coat finishes. Satin is closer to the finish of the other factory bracket, and wrinkle looks a bit more like a bedliner texture.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Tie Down Bracket, Clears Tailgate Assist Strut ($25) Eastwood Wrinkle vs. Prismatic Cat #3.JPG

And if you want to purchase two brackets so they match each other perfectly, I'll include a second bracket for an additional $15 (savings of $10).