Sponsored

Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick

I am interested in what people opinion is on adding ā€˜Maverickā€™ lettering to the Tailgate

• Total voters

Dale F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I chose matte black on my rapid red hybrid. I wanted flag but I was afraid that the red in the flag would blend into the red tailgate so matched the rest of the truck trim.
Sponsored

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having seen a local Mav with letters I must say it looked pretty good.
I donā€™t mind the look of contrasting lettering, but, the rear end of vehicles gets the dirtiest the fastest and pickups are the worst of all.

I keep my vehicles very clean, once inclement weather ends they get washed right away. I also wax my vehicles several times a year. Slick paint is good, protrusions make everything harder, even decals cause more work.

The new crooks and crevices between the lettering and the body collects dirt. Unless you take a detailing brush to badging, and lettering, crud builds up.

I like being able to dry off a washed vehicle without snagging a microfiber towel on any protruding stenciling or badging. Seems all those sharp little letter edges are going to start peeling sooner or later. If the letters are domed the sharp points will get snagged even easier.
i debadged my last two vehicles for that reason. I like the cleaner look as well.

Like I said, I donā€™t mind the added lettering, as long as thatā€™s all thatā€™s added. Extra emblems, bumper stickers, window graphics and the like are tacky to me.

Must be a generational thing having reading material plastered all over your rear end and windows. I guess it takes the focus off their dealer license plate framesā€¦.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I picked black letters because they look best on both Area 51 and Cyber Orange. But with other paint options, I would likely choose other lettering colors as "best." In any case, IMHO pretty much ANY color lettering looks better than the "blank" look.

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had black letters on my Iconic Silver. Now, for my Alto Blue, I used orange (Gator colors). I just think without the added colored letters (whatever the best match to the color of the truck), it just looks too plain.

Sponsored

Aspidochelone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I chose matte black on my rapid red hybrid. I wanted flag but I was afraid that the red in the flag would blend into the red tailgate so matched the rest of the truck trim.
The blue doesn't blend into my atlas blue tailgate it is lighter can't say for the red. The picture doesn't really do it justice since the color contrast on my camera isn't very realistic. It was only $19

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick 20230531_191840

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I would add a pole to see if you think the Tailgate lettering improves the appearance of the Maverick or does it look best as delivered.

Also thought for those who prefer which color is your favorite.

Obviously this is personal choice and mean no offence either way just interested in general opinion amount the group

Thank you for your time.

Lettering.jpg
As my Dad always said when I asked him if my math homework was correct: (after carefully looking it over) "I don't know, what do you think" ;)

Dale F

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale L Freund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The blue doesn't blend into my atlas blue tailgate it is lighter can't say for the red. The picture doesn't really do it justice since the color contrast on my camera isn't very realistic. It was only $19

20230531_191840.jpg

Rapid red is just a shade darker than the taillight cover.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick IMG_2682

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I thought I would add a pole to see if you think the Tailgate lettering improves the appearance of the Maverick or does it look best as delivered.

Also thought for those who prefer which color is your favorite.

Obviously this is personal choice and mean no offence either way just interested in general opinion amount the group

Thank you for your time.

Lettering.jpg
black with red outlines on my Alto blue Baby

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick PXL_20230522_230442802 (1)

Sponsored

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just installed TufSkinz matte reflecting lettering. They look awesome on Area 51.

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the shiny stainless letters from Ford back when I got a VIN for my 2022 VB XLT. Right now it's too cold to apply any stick-on accessories, but I'm not sure that they will look good on my 2023 Cactus Gray when it finally warms up enough. Might have to let them go for loss and go naked for now.
Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick PXL_20230421_234729974~2

Yeah, I'm good with shiny stainless letters.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went with chrome lettering on my Alto Blue. I would have preferred a "black chrome", but couldn't find one around, they all seem to be "glossy black" or black matte, and I feel that's pointless for an already dark paint color. The chrome has good contrast with the Alto Blue paint and honestly looks like it should have come with the vehicle to begin with.

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering does it enhance or detract the appearance of the Maverick 20230520_175701

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I like the letters. I chose matte black for my velocity blue and would probably do the same for most lighter colors like cactus gray, cyber orange, etc. I'd choose something else for a darker color. Orange looks terrific on alto blue.
Sponsored