Sponsored

Tailgate gap, and hinge area bed protection (Spray-On)?

maverick4natic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Tailgate gap, and hinge area bed protection (Spray-On)? Ford-Maverick-FLEXBED_01

Having never owned a truck I was curious what others have done if anything to protect the areas I've highlighted in the photo.

Sides of the tailgate and area where tailgate slots into the bed.

This seems like a perfect area for "PLASTI-DIP" spray for some extra protection against sand or rocks etc...wood chips
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford-Maverick-FLEXBED_01.jpg

Having never owned a truck I was curious what others have done if anything to protect the areas I've highlighted in the photo.

This seems like a perfect area for "PLASTI-DIP" spray for some extra protection against sand or rocks etc...wood chips
Donā€™t have an answer for you, but I noticed they spread the top bed rail behind the window. Thats odd because mine and all the other factory installs Iā€™ve seen that area was not covered.

I wish they had spread mine. šŸ™

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Donā€™t have an answer for you, but I noticed they spread the top bed rail behind the window. Thats odd because mine and all the other factory installs Iā€™ve seen that area was not covered.

I wish they had spread mine. šŸ™
Looks like a Ford promo-photo to me. If so, it's probably a pre-production model which is why it doesn't look like the one folks are getting.

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford-Maverick-FLEXBED_01.jpg

This is what I'm purchasing which adds protection to the gap between the bed and tailgate.

https://bedrug.com/bedrug-xlt-bed-mats/2022/ford/maverick
Ford Maverick Tailgate gap, and hinge area bed protection (Spray-On)? 1643170399941
Sponsored