Sponsored

Switched order from Hybrid to Ecoboost this morning. How long for scheduling?

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got tired of waiting for my Maverick like the rest of us, and came to the dark side and made the switch to EcoBoost this morning in hopes of getting scheduled quicker.

I was hoping to hear from others that made the switch on how fast (or not fast) you got scheduled after switching over.
Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got tired of waiting for my Maverick like the rest of us, and came to the dark side and made the switch to EcoBoost this morning in hopes of getting scheduled quicker.

I was hoping to hear from others that made the switch on how fast (or not fast) you got scheduled after switching over.
Allocations play a huge roll. If your dealer has them I imagine you very much improved your chances.

grumpyguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus. 2015 Wrangler
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Two months and counting.

OP
OP
Cgottlob

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Allocations play a huge roll. If your dealer has them I imagine you very much improved your chances.
That makes sense. When switching I got the typical dealer answers. He couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me anything about allocations and just said their order mix was heavily favored towards hybrids, and said it gives me a better chance of getting scheduled but couldn't promise me it would be any faster than if I stuck with my hybrid order

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That makes sense. When switching I got the typical dealer answers. He couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me anything about allocations and just said their order mix was heavily favored towards hybrids, and said it gives me a better chance of getting scheduled but couldn't promise me it would be any faster than if I stuck with my hybrid order
Yeah but if you stick with a hybrid there is a pretty high chance you won’t get it even if dealer has allocations. So far I’m holding out for hybrid but I am not desperate for a vehicle this year.

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I, along with others on the forum, put in an EcoBoost order when the order banks opened and have yet to be scheduled. Some have switched from hybrid to EcoBoost and got scheduled shortly after. Luck? Coincidence? If you think by switching you will get scheduled soon, you might be in for more disappointment. After reading this forum for a year and the ordering scheduling woes, I've come to one conclusion. It's all a crapshoot.

OP
OP
Cgottlob

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah but if you stick with a hybrid there is a pretty high chance you won’t get it even if dealer has allocations. So far I’m holding out for hybrid but I am not desperate for a vehicle this year.
Best of luck to you, now with one less Hybrid to fight with lol I was sticking it out since I was a first day order, but after reading a lot of issues people are having with the hybrids on here and the fact I do almost all highway driving, switching over seemed to make the most sense.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best of luck to you, now with one less Hybrid to fight with lol I was sticking it out since I was a first day order, but after reading a lot of issues people are having with the hybrids on here and the fact I do almost all highway driving, switching over seemed to make the most sense.
Well I’ll be the first to admit that in my case driving a hybrid is not going to save me all that much gas money vrs a EB.

Redleg18

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Changed my order in early Feb from hybrid to EB. Just got build email yesterday for week of 11 May. Original order was Sept 19 2022. (Lariat Lux 360, Copilot Assist)

Last edited:

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Switched order from Hybrid to Ecoboost this morning. How long for scheduling? giphy

Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I switched almost 3 months ago from a hybrid xl to xlt tremor.

good luck, is all I have to say.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I switched almost 3 months ago from a hybrid xl to xlt tremor.

good luck, is all I have to say.
That's a good move though... especially living in Michigan.

OP
OP
Cgottlob

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think we can all agree Bob deserves to be scheduled more than anyone else in this group lol I'm in Michigan so my main goal is to have a Maverick before winter. I figured switching to EB would at least guarantee that, where who knows with the Hybrid.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Did you have to pay the EXTRA $500 price increase with the switch?

OP
OP
Cgottlob

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you have to pay the EXTRA $500 price increase with the switch?

Yes the MSRP increase did happened when I switched. Kind of wish I was warned about that, but with the Z plan it didn't effect the final price a ton luckily.
Sponsored