First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XLT EB FX4 has a lot more suspension squeak than I think should be there.

Is anyone else hearing this in theirs?
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XLT EB FX4 has a lot more suspension squeak than I think should be there.

Is anyone else hearing this in theirs?
No squeaks on mine. Start a list for the dealer.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No squeaks in any temps from 80 to -30F since October, 5K miles so far.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No squeaks in mine . have driven on gravel roads about 50 miles out of 500 miles . radio still stuck on one station and will take to dealer soon for the update fix .

OP
OP

TrippMe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the feedback.

Any suggestions on how to document it for the dealer. I've dealt with "squeaks" before and they usually just brush it off. "oh I didn't hear anything","that's normal".....

Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you can try to pinpoint where the noise/squeak is coming from, like have someone push up/down on fender while you're underneath to help decide how bad it is for you? I myself don't have any suspension noises & have over 6,000 miles since October & bad/rough Michigan roads

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the feedback.

Any suggestions on how to document it for the dealer. I've dealt with "squeaks" before and they usually just brush it off. "oh I didn't hear anything","that's normal".....
By the way, check your spare tire is fully tensioned and the lug nut is fully tightened. I used to have a Nissan truck that would sueak like mad over any bump unless the spare tire was tightened down very strongly. Took me a while to figure it out.

That said, my Maverick has no squeaks either. If possible have someone rock the truck while you take a peek under so it's easier to pinpoint the noise source. Once you find it making a video on your phone of a close-up of the squeaky part moving should be evidence enough.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you can try to pinpoint where the noise/squeak is coming from, like have someone push up/down on fender while you're underneath to help decide how bad it is for you? I myself don't have any suspension noises & have over 6,000 miles since October & bad/rough Michigan roads
Having spent 15+ years of my life there, are there ANY Michigan roads that aren't bad/rough? LOL
If you're going strong after 6k+ miles there, I'd suspect OP might have an issue, or really sensitive hearing.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve noticed a slight suspension creak on my FX4 but it sits outside, it’s winter in NJ and it only has 400 miles on it.

I only notice it pulling into my driveway that has a slight angle to climb up (steep enough that my mustang will scrape the front spoiler if I don’t pull in or out at an angle) and suspect it’s definitely either the shocks, shock bushings or the control arm bushings. On the road I never notice any noise other than normal suspension travel/shock noise going over heavily bumpy roads.

Probably just needs grease on the bushings, my Mustang’s control arms bushings squeaked like mad in the front until I packed them with high temp grease because the exhaust was too close to the bushings stock and I haven’t had an issue since (almost 5 years ago). Could be the shocks and suspension just breaking in as well but I’m not going to investigate further until the weather warms up more or the noise becomes worse.

OP
OP

TrippMe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Closing the loop on this, I have it at the dealer and they have found some of the issue and are working on fixing it.

Fingers crossed this doesn't turn into a non-fixable item!

Sponsored
OP
OP

TrippMe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wanted to close the loop on this.

The dealer had it for 3 days total and fixed the issue. They said they didn't put in a single new part the essentially disassembled the suspension and re-assembled it and re-torqued everything and it all went away.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas. The dealer totally owned it and took care of it!

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apologies for reviving an old thread. My truck is making a creaking noise from the rear suspension, driver side. I have diagnosed it myself as coming from the bushing where the bottom control arm mounts up to the subframe. There's some sort of binding as vibrations are felt there when the suspension is compressed.

I'm also hoping it's possibly just a torquing issue as I've noticed those nuts have been backing off from the factory markings. I'm gearing up to take the truck in sometime this week or the next, hopefully it will be a quick repair like OP's.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apologies for reviving an old thread. My truck is making a creaking noise from the rear suspension, driver side. I have diagnosed it myself as coming from the bushing where the bottom control arm mounts up to the subframe. There's some sort of binding as vibrations are felt there when the suspension is compressed.

I'm also hoping it's possibly just a torquing issue as I've noticed those nuts have been backing off from the factory markings. I'm gearing up to take the truck in sometime this week or the next, hopefully it will be a quick repair like OP's.
Update?

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm scheduled to take the truck in on the 24th. They needed to push it out to ensure they'd have a loaner for me. It's still making the noise, I'm not doing anything about the noise right now so that I don't get the "well we couldn't find anything" line from the dealer LOL.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm scheduled to take the truck in on the 24th. They needed to push it out to ensure they'd have a loaner for me. It's still making the noise, I'm not doing anything about the noise right now so that I don't get the "well we couldn't find anything" line from the dealer LOL.
Ok, let us know! I have a squeak as well and I suspect it's just parts needing a re-torque but with the issues some Mavericks are having on the CV's I want to keep all options open before I report anything. I'd hate to have to take it in for this kind of work because it's something I can do myself but if it's free... really no reason not to (since it's not like the air bag recall where so many people have reported them screwing things up).
Sponsored