JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey All,
I have a hybrid xlt lux in Area 51. Ya.., I’m a lucky man.

For work I I have the pleasure of conducting surveillance which sometimes occurs at night. I should use a “state vehicle” which is provided by work..but work also allows us to use our POV’s …because the provided vehicles are so obvious of course.
But really, I’d just like to find an excuse to use my new truck that I waited 480 days for.
So this is where I recognize that I’m spoiled..I have a bad back and I love to have the heated seats on. But the problem is that the heated seats won’t run without the key turned which always activates the super bright LED lights which makes people aware of you creepin’.
I’ve messed with my settings and I can’t get the interior lights off or low enough while running the heated seats.
I had a legal limit 35% tint applied and hoped that it would combat this problem but to no avail.
Come to find out 35%, as Men in Black’s Agent K would say to James Darrell Edwards III, “means dick.”
But as Agent J succeed beyond all odds, I too will succeed in solving this very important problem.
I’m thinking maybe tint on the instrument cluster would help but I have no skill set and anyhow the interior would be lit up completely by each and every 6,969 bulb provided by Ford.
Please help. You MTC are my only hope.

ps. hey wait what about a heating pad
of which I could plug into reciprocal
that- I bought and never used- is in the
cab. But darn the audio wouldn’t work.

Anyhow, please help!
Sponsored

V-blue Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep Cherokee and 2006 F-150 2022 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Such a complex problem. I am of no help.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How about a blanket on the dash. I used to do that driving trucks at night. I would hate all the interior lights taking my attention from the dark roads. Just toss a blanket folded up across the dash and unfold it to cover the lighting.

OP
OP
JDisME

JDisME

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the blanket idea. I’ll be trying that sucker out. Maybe Snuggie needs to make something that can go over my body and the dash. It would be a direct ac/heat type of situation and I would be quite content.
Sponsored