First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad your ok, if you financed it the good news the available comps from dealer stock markup could get you a higher payout.... :) On a total loss. Depending on how many months you had it and state guidelines they will pay what you paid if it's less than the valuation. But in some states you could make out. Again glad your ok.
I cut a check for the truck. Title is right beside me.
Sponsored

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 35k offer.
That is not nearly enough, the trauma to you and your daughter is going to last a life time. And the physical problems may not show up for days or weeks later. Talk to an attorney at least. The insurance companies are not your friend!

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man just seeing this now. Glad you’re here to tell the story. We may need you back at the meme thread….

Last edited:

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great to hear you and your child are ok. Also good to know the safety systems work as they should.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, at least you walked out not too battered. The safety ratings should come out soon but since it's based off the Escape/Bronco Sport which both receive good crash test ratings, it should have similar results. That's reassuring god for bid someone else gets in this scenario. It's too bad this vehicle isn't easily replaceable. The chances of getting another one would probably take another half year is my guess. They're so unobtainable right now and whatever does come in (which is scarce) is pre-sold.
Not for him. He could probably walk into any dealer and just happen upon the exact same build at MSRP. He is a lucky SOB

Sponsored

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not for him. He could probably walk into any dealer and just happen upon the exact same build at MSRP. He is a lucky SOB
I reached out to my dealer to find me one.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow glad y'all are ok.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reached out to my dealer to find me one.
Maybe you will get 2 more! Seriously though I’m glad you two are alright. You also may have wrecked the first hybrid 🎉👏👏👏👏

Last edited:
OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe you will get 2 more! Seriously thought I’m glad you two are alright. You also may have wrecked the first hybrid 🎉👏👏👏👏
MUAHAHAHAHA! I had not thought of that!

MayerMR

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Jeep Wagoneer XJ, '14 Ram, '22 Ford Maverick
Firstly, really glad you are both ok. But I must admit that I'm also curious; while the hit seems to have been pretty serious, it also looks like that *could* be repairable. Assuming, of course, the unibody frame underneath isn't twisted. Did the insurance company even talk about repair or was it an instant write-off?

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Firstly, really glad you are both ok. But I must admit that I'm also curious; while the hit seems to have been pretty serious, it also looks like that *could* be repairable. Assuming, of course, the unibody frame underneath isn't twisted. Did the insurance company even talk about repair or was it an instant write-off?
I'm guessing that it was a pretty instant write off (even if he was not told that yet). Once you get airbags deploying, repair costs go nuts. I could be wrong since its almost a brand new vehicle. But with the inability to source repair parts, it being a hybrid and possible frame damage...

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Glad you & your child are okay but sure hate to see that pretty truck damaged!

MayerMR

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing that it was a pretty instant write off (even if he was not told that yet). Once you get airbags deploying, repair costs go nuts.
Yeah, fair point, hadn't really considered that.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh its hurt bad. The front tire is actually into the wheel well. So that is every part of the drive system is screwed. The suspension is done. I dont know how the powertrain in total is. I did have to turn the truck off. It was in battery mode. I dont know if that was a fail safe. The truck is not talking with the app anymore either. But he hit me running at least 40. He told police 20. But that would not have knocked me as far as it did. Adjusters will not be able to tell how much damage without it going back to the dealership. I had errors all over the screen. Just one after the other. We will see.

MayerMR

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh its hurt bad. The front tire is actually into the wheel well. So that is every part of the drive system is screwed. The suspension is done. I dont know how the powertrain in total is. I did have to turn the truck off. It was in battery mode. I dont know if that was a fail safe. The truck is not talking with the app anymore either. But he hit me running at least 40. He told police 20. But that would not have knocked me as far as it did. Adjusters will not be able to tell how much damage without it going back to the dealership. I had errors all over the screen. Just one after the other. We will see.
Ah, yeah, kind of hard to see that from the pics. But I'm quite interested in hearing what the dealer says mainly because, while I hope I'm wrong, you aren't likely to be the last person to get into a serious accident with their Maverick. It'll be interesting to see if they push to repair (if possible) or if these will just be instanta-writeoffs.
Sponsored