First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone that says a STB is worthless has probably never had one. Back in my BMW auto-x days you could actually adjust the rear and it would change how the car handled. The front I had was not adjustable but made the car handle much differently. It took to to adjust my driving style and alignment after that. They aren’t just for looks.
Its going to vary by car but I have a feeling the maverick isn’t going to be overly braced like you’d find in a “sports car”. This as been built to be a budget car.
Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no ideal what this is. Please help this ignorant member. Thank you.
It’s more of a thing for sports cars. Usually reduces flex, but translates to greater transference of road shock.

Not needed for a maverick in my opinion. (unless you want to pretend you are driving what you aren’t.)

Vewdu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
It’s more of a thing for sports cars. Usually reduces flex, but translates to greater transference of road shock.

Not needed for a maverick in my opinion. (unless you want to pretend you are driving what you aren’t.)
This.

It's a small utility pickup. Im sure some people will try to make them as Sporty as possible but ultimately if you plan on doing any kind of auto cross or racing through canyons, expecting any kind of performance feel and thrill, you bought the wrong vehicle.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This.

It's a small utility pickup. Im sure some people will try to make them as Sporty as possible but ultimately if you plan on doing any kind of auto cross or racing through canyons, expecting any kind of performance feel and thrill, you bought the wrong vehicle.
Interesting you think this way.
Pretty sure there's already a class for Maveric, Cruz etc.

Take a look at a Honda Grom :love:

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's amazing how people will comment about other people's business.

Just so you feel ok about your life... I have stocks and crypto... AND can afford a $120 part for one of my vehicles....

Stay in your lane....
You know, when you make a public comment in a public forum you kind of set yourself up for a variety of responses. Some of which you made not like so much.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This.

It's a lightweight vehicle with a decent amount of power and is said to handle well. It might not win races but it's fun to drive. Nothing wrong with people wanting to wring a little extra out of the handling.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting you think this way.
Pretty sure there's already a class for Maveric, Cruz etc.

Take a look at a Honda Grom :love:
Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed (pics added) B191B2D2-E56B-4097-9573-BB206AF5A928

Never had a Grom but I was deep into custom Ruckus scene.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed mine today. What did you do with this piece? Allow it to float?

Ford Maverick Steeda Strut Tower Brace installed (pics added) F30515D5-8466-4A74-89BB-EE3715B3485A

OP
OP
Evil2ltr

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
You know, when you make a public comment in a public forum you kind of set yourself up for a variety of responses. Some of which you made not like so much.

F30515D5-8466-4A74-89BB-EE3715B3485A.jpeg

F30515D5-8466-4A74-89BB-EE3715B3485A.jpeg

[/QUOTE}

Yes, but the hoses to it are ran under the bigger lines, and that holds it down and steady.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I ended up doing was taking that metal tab it slides into and bending it forward. So it’s still mounted on the same tab but moved forward. It’s an ok solution I guess. Keeps it bouncing around or whatever it might do under there lol

installation couldn’t have been any easier thanks for letting us know it fits

Sponsored
OP
OP
Evil2ltr

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
What I ended up doing was taking that metal tab it slides into and bending it forward. So it’s still mounted on the same tab but moved forward. It’s an ok solution I guess. Keeps it bouncing around or whatever it might do under there lol

installation couldn’t have been any easier thanks for letting us know it fits
I did that at first, but I did not like it blocking the logo on the STB.. LOL

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered!

Have a similar Steeda brace on my GT350.

SBB
Went out of town this weekend. When I got back the Steeda Brace was on the front porch. Installation took almost 10 minutes. And I'm a measure twice cut once guy!

Does it make a difference? Not sure, give me a few miles.

SBB

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone that says a STB is worthless has probably never had one.
There has been zero engineering on a STB for a Maverick. Since the towers are part of the firewall, I doubt that this is anything more than eyecandy. You could tie a string between the 2 bolts and mount a gopro under the hood and go for a drive. See if the string moves.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you mean it's OK to spend your own money any way you choose? Are you suggesting EVERY penny used does not have to be used on an item that's practical? As an example: Buying tickets to enjoy a live sporting event when you could've watched it on TV for free? Or going out to dinner and paying more for a fancy meal when you could've boiled a couple hot dogs at home?
Well............ I suppose if you earned the money, you can use it ANY way you desire.

It doesn't strike me as a complex thing to understand.
Some people might prefer to invest in stocks, others might prefer to add horsepower.
For those two people, BOTH are correct answers!
Yup. That’s what I meant.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a FYI.. The Steeda STB for the 2020+ Escape and 2021 Bronco Sport will work for the Mav. I test fit ours last night. Only issues are some routing of the bar around the hoses and sensors on top of the intake tube.

NEW INFO

The brace 100% fits and works. As you can see in the pics, I rerouted the hoses and lowered that ugly apparatus near the intake tube and it looks much cleaner. You can feel the difference in the steering wheel. It just feels tied together tighter.

20211112_162123.jpg
20211112_162155.jpg
20211112_162212.jpg
Cool. Will this work on the 2.0L XLT AWD? Can I just unbolt bolts on stock Maverick & bolt brace back on? I did this on my Mustang. Know the torque?
Sponsored