Sponsored

STEEDA - Maverick MRT Street Performance Single-Tip Cat-Back Exhaust | Install & Sound Clips

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Check in with Steeda Performance as they install and evaluate MRT's Street Performance Exhaust for the Ford Maverick!

All of MRT's Maverick Systems are IN STOCK and ready to ship.

10% off with promo code UTube10 - www.ShopMRT.com

Ford Maverick STEEDA -  Maverick MRT Street Performance Single-Tip Cat-Back Exhaust | Install & Sound Clips maverick
Sponsored

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sounds great! I assume that is a chambered muffler? Also, what diameter pipe does this kit use? 2.5"?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
That sounds great! I assume that is a chambered muffler? Also, what diameter pipe does this kit use? 2.5"?
The resonator on the Maverick systems is not chambered. It is a straight through design allows for maximum performance sound under throttle. All of MRT's Maverick systems are 2.5".

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I thought FWD and AWD had at least one different hanger location?

The two hang points we have utilized for installation have been consistent in our installation experience. Below is the section of the factory system that is removed with its three hang points. MRT's is below that for comparison.

Ford Maverick STEEDA -  Maverick MRT Street Performance Single-Tip Cat-Back Exhaust | Install & Sound Clips stock maverick

Ford Maverick STEEDA -  Maverick MRT Street Performance Single-Tip Cat-Back Exhaust | Install & Sound Clips 92W310-5

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
The two hang points we have utilized for installation have been consistent in our installation experience. Below is the section of the factory system that is removed with its three hang points. MRT's is below that for comparison.

stock maverick.jpg

92W310-5.jpg
Interesting, I thought it was the middle hanger of the stock system that varied between FWD and AWD. That being said I would have assumed you'd drop the middle hanger and maintain front and back hangers. I suppose if you've had no complaints all good, there was some information on another thread that pointed out the difference was from the middle hanger but you know how the internet goes.

Very nice looking kit all around!

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meh, maybe I'm just a engine sound snob, but still has that bit of a "tuner" fart can sound to it. I think I'd rather it just be quiet than to hear that. I grew up driving V8s, nothing can replace that sound. So if I can't get that I'd rather nothing, lol. I had a 1992 Mustang GT with the 5.0L and put an off-road H-pipe on there and a Magnaflow muffler. Then had a 2005 Ford F-150 with the 5.4L with a Magnaflow side exit (in front of the rear wheels) exhaust system. Those two sounded amazing...

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, crazy story, lol.
Sponsored