First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford added Mud/Rutt and Sand to make people feel better about the FX4 AWD system which is really just as "capable" off road as any of the other Maverick AWD trim levels. BTW, I'm not saying the $800 isn't justified by all the other stuff like skid plates, black wheels radiator etc...

The low hanging exhaust kills any off-road prowess this truck may have. Thats why they put skid plates so nothing will damage that stupid exhaust.
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford added Mud/Rutt and Sand to make people feel better about the FX4 AWD system which is really just as "capable" off road as any of the other Maverick AWD trim levels. BTW, I'm not saying the $800 isn't justified by all the other stuff like skid plates, black wheels radiator etc...

The low hanging exhaust kills any off-road prowess this truck may have. Thats why they put skid plates so nothing will damage that stupid exhaust.
I'm kinda worried about this as well. That exhaust is low and not protected well...

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that is all in how you read it. To me it saying that full size spare is available with the Ecoboost, but comes standard on the Hybrid. I never got the impression that the Ecoboost came with a full size spare tire. Nonetheless Ford did a crappy job spelling it out clearly!

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think that is all in how you read it. To me it saying that full size spare is available with the Ecoboost, but comes standard on the Hybrid. I never got the impression that the Ecoboost came with a full size spare tire. Nonetheless Ford did a crappy job spelling it out clearly!
It's actually not in how you read it at all. It's a plain lie from Ford. Plain and simple.

Every feature/bullet point in that square belongs to the Lariat Lux package, which has its own order code that tells the factory what to put on your truck. If we were supposed to order the full size spare separately for EB, they should have never mentioned anything about it in the order guide or website.

To spend $36,000 on a truck and get screwed on $300-400 for a wheel and a tire because Ford can't keep their word is disappointing to say the least.

Sponsored

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
All I know is I did not add the FX4 package because I for sure wanted Sport mode and I'd also like the Eco drive mode.. Not to mention the 4k Tow package seemed to be of more value than FX4, at least to me. I couldn't justify paying twice for several overlapping features between 4k and FX4.

I also can't fathom someone being upset that their "FX4-offroad" does not have Sport or Eco drive modes. I would never order an "FX4-Offroad" Ford vehicle with Sportiness or Economical drive modes in mind..
I ordered the FX4 becasue it came with the 6.5" screen, skid plates, and tow hooks, like many others.
Thanks for your input tho...

So no SPORT or ECO on FX4......

YEP, lotta us less-educated peoples figured that out months ago. Good to have confirmation I guess (y)
Dude you literally haven't read any posts in this thread explaining why were confused have you?

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
I'd cut a check immediately for a Maverick Tremor with better ground clearance and that ridiculous rear end tapered.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd cut a check immediately for a Maverick Tremor with better ground clearance and that ridiculous rear end tapered.
I wil.pay cash $$$ right now for Maverick Tremor AWD Hybrid -)

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ruts - word

Ford Maverick Standard vs FX4 Drive Modes: Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, Sand, Eco and Sport Screenshot_20210930-071009

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1632960746380.png

Sorry, I'm 8 Busch deep at this time. But this is how I'd read it.
How's the Hangover ? I think you could use a beer upgrade :)

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
I honestly went to bed last night convinced I was going to let Champman Ford know I was going to bail on my $38K order. Woke up this morning saltier than Spongbob but I'm going to keep the truck - especially since its in production right now and my Honda Fit is falling apart. Regardless of whatever drive modes, the vehicle suits my needs perfectly as a homeowner, commuter, and parent. Nothing a little Cobb Accessport can't handle :sneaky:

But can we talk about how good those graphics look?! :love:

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I honestly went to bed last night convinced I was going to let Champman Ford know I was going to bail on my $38K order. Woke up this morning saltier than Spongbob but I'm going to keep the truck - especially since its in production right now and my Honda Fit is falling apart. Regardless of whatever drive modes, the vehicle suits my needs perfectly as a homeowner, commuter, and parent. Nothing a little Cobb Accessport can't handle :sneaky:

But can we talk about how good those graphics look?! :love:
Have you seen the graphics/animations on the REAL Bronco ? Even better-

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's actually not in how you read it at all. It's a plain lie from Ford. Plain and simple.

Every feature/bullet point in that square belongs to the Lariat Lux package, which has its own order code that tells the factory what to put on your truck. If we were supposed to order the full size spare separately for EB, they should have never mentioned anything about it in the order guide or website.

To spend $36,000 on a truck and get screwed on $300-400 for a wheel and a tire because Ford can't keep their word is disappointing to say the least.
Well that’s your opinion, mine is different. Trying to make Ford out to be oh so bad isn’t going to net you one single thing. It is what it is and you cannot go back and change it. I was never confused about it and apparently there are many of us that were never confused, while there are some such as yourself read that to mean something I did not. So YES it is all in how you read it.

Reactions: JJC

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
Well that’s your opinion, mine is different. Trying to make Ford out to be oh so bad isn’t going to net you one single thing. It is what it is and you cannot go back and change it. I was never confused about it and apparently there are many of us that were never confused, while there are some such as yourself read that to mean something I did not. So YES it is all in how you read it.
There's no point in arguing with this guy lol he just makes claims and cries about a **$120 option while providing no evidence or rationale.. just "luxury package says tire so I want tire!"

The original order guide said that Lux package came with full size spare for both drivetrain configurations.. I don't ever remember seeing that as an option on the Build website, but maybe it was. Either way, I ordered my Ecoboost XLT with Lux package AND full size spare on 6/30.... before the updated order guide came out.
Sponsored