22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
I have a rapid red FE hybrid on order, but I am sitting with the dealer now to see if we can make a deal. I came down fully expecting to stay with the one on order, but this one may have won me over.
Dude, I ordered an EcoBust but if you originally had FE Hybrid in mind, wait it out boss. Seriously, if I didn't already have access to a Leaf, I'd get that Hybrid in a heartbeat. It will be worth the wait.
Sponsored

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, It was clearly listed that the FX4 Modes replaced ECO and SPORT when I placed my order (and am good with these modes - no bait and switch for me). The confusion came later when different (apparently wrong) combinations starting showing up in Ford's own subsequent literature....turns out the first ones were actually the correct ones.

Now if I can replace Tow/Haul mode with Sport mode via FORScan (or later factory tune package like the Ranger got) then it will be a perfect mix IMHO.
If you make a tweak via ForSkin, your warranty is void Bucco.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So no SPORT or ECO on FX4......

YEP, lotta us less-educated peoples figured that out months ago. Good to have confirmation I guess (y)
Yup. Just like it was in the beginning and definitely glad to have confirmation now.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you make a tweak via ForSkin, your warranty is void Bucco.
Well, I guess I'm glad that is my decision to make and not yours, Buckaroo. 😄 Check around, people are already tweaking the Bronco Sport models. Maybe even Broncos by now (if they can get them). But I don't plan to do it day one for sure...I'm not an early adopter type.

Sponsored

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Well shit. Thanks for posting the update/information. Bummer my truck is being built. I'll contact Ford again tomorrow with this.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well shit. Thanks for posting the update/information. Bummer my truck is being built. I'll contact Ford again tomorrow with this.
Best of luck to you, sorry that you were one who saw confusion in this. If you really want Sport/Eco that bad, you'd have to re-order and go to back of the line. Sucks, but don't sacrifice if it's something you want. Like I previously said, that Sport mode is damn near a drug as far as I'm concerned. It keeps me from needing to ever tune via aftermarket. Obviously that would be better, but I've driven a new Explorer ST, Escape and even 3.5L F-150 and they all just rip in Sport mode. It can't be replaced IMO, at least not in terms of coming from the factory.

Sponsored

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will post a video the different animations when I bring it home.
IDK why but maybe it's having a monochrome red LCD for 12 years that makes me happy to see that these modes have cool icons and animations.
Sponsored