Sponsored

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
The information directly below the text you copied makes it very clear which modes are standard and which modes come with FX4.. I'm surprised there's still confusion at this point.

"Standard Drive Modes – Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Eco and Sport.
FX4 Drive Modes – Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, and Sand.
"

1632940409539.png
Both of the most recent Order Guides say "Rotary Gear Shift Dial Includes Select Drive Modes: Normal, Sport, Mud/Rut, Sand and Tow/Haul"

This is the only document I know of that has been revised by Ford and re-released so that is where the confusion is coming from.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both of the most recent Order Guides say "Rotary Gear Shift Dial Includes Select Drive Modes: Normal, Sport, Mud/Rut, Sand and Tow/Haul"

This is the only document I know of that has been revised by Ford and re-released so that is where the confusion is coming from.
57367, member: 1060"]

[/QUOTE]

And yet the owners manual leads one to believe that slippery comes as a default - meaning not removed or replaced by something else.

Last edited:

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to add to the confusion...so many documents from Ford themselves are contradictory and changing. Whatever configuration I end up with I'll be happy with and is more than I have now!!

Originally there was NO drive modes listed in the 6/8/2021 Order guide FX4 Package. Then on the website and build info it stated that Sand and Mud/Ruts replace Eco and Sport modes (but couldn't find a pic though). That was what was listed when I reserved my first truck on 6/28 and when I placed my order on 7/8/2021.

Ford Maverick Standard vs FX4 Drive Modes: Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, Sand, Eco and Sport 1632949545020

Then in the 6/15 Canadian Guide it stated:

Ford Maverick Standard vs FX4 Drive Modes: Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, Sand, Eco and Sport 1632949590992

Followed by the 8/1 guide:

Ford Maverick Standard vs FX4 Drive Modes: Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, Sand, Eco and Sport 1632949639795

Then the 9/24 guide:

Ford Maverick Standard vs FX4 Drive Modes: Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, Sand, Eco and Sport 1632949885261

Using the build guide on the Maverick Website on 9/29, all it says is (not even in small print):

Ford Maverick Standard vs FX4 Drive Modes: Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, Sand, Eco and Sport 1632949950177

Talks additions, not substitutions.

But yet the Ford Website today says (in addition to the one posted earlier):

Ford Maverick Standard vs FX4 Drive Modes: Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, Sand, Eco and Sport 1632950019643

Huh?? Nope, I don't see how it could still be confusing to people at all. Clearly it is stated verbatim in Ford's own publications and guides. 🤔 🤣

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Local dealer just got in 2 Mavericks, One of which is an FX4 Lariat- Asking to confirm drive modes if they can pwr up infotainment.
Dealer is going out to the FX4 right now to video drive modes...

Sponsored

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
All I know is I did not add the FX4 package because I for sure wanted Sport mode and I'd also like the Eco drive mode.. Not to mention the 4k Tow package seemed to be of more value than FX4, at least to me. I couldn't justify paying twice for several overlapping features between 4k and FX4.

I also can't fathom someone being upset that their "FX4-offroad" does not have Sport or Eco drive modes. I would never order an "FX4-Offroad" Ford vehicle with Sportiness or Economical drive modes in mind.. You folks will get your sand and mud/ruts modes and also be covered in an event something goes wrong off-road.. If I take my non-FX4 off-road, Ford can deny any coverage for any issues I sustain per the owner's manual.. Which is why I won't be off-roading my Maverick or needing the sand or mud/ruts modes. If I were off-roading, I'd have added FX4 and be enjoying my Maverick to the fullest extent, instead, I'll be enjoying as-is with no off-roading. I can sort-of understand the confusion, but I think some of you are really stretching to justify that the FX4 drive modes should be additional instead of direct replacements.
Yep, reading way between the lines thinking FX4 has additional modes.

I saw the same PDF you referenced way back when and that made it apparent I wouldn't add FX4. I know that's the only way for people to get the larger productivity screen in a non-Lariat, so that's probably why people are pissed off. As soon as I saw no Sport mode in ANY of Ford's literature, I ruled out FX4. Sport mode has been a blast in any recent model Ford I've driven. Makes it so I don't have to tune and risk warranty issues. I can just pop into Sport mode an give it the sauce. It's literally too good to pass up. Also, the wifey prefers the Eco mode, so a win-win to avoid FX4 and get both in the event she wants to take our Maverick for a spin.

Reactions: JJC

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got done test driving a Lariat FX4. It does NOT have sport mode.
IMG_20210929_163844.jpg
IMG_20210929_163841.jpg
IMG_20210929_163838.jpg
IMG_20210929_163832.jpg
And there we have it.....Tow/Haul is the FX4 "Sport" mode!! What were your driving impressions @bryce ?
Ford Maverick Standard vs FX4 Drive Modes: Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, Sand, Eco and Sport 2021-08-25 17_00_45-Window

Sponsored

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So no SPORT or ECO on FX4......

YEP, lotta us less-educated peoples figured that out months ago. Good to have confirmation I guess (y)

bryce

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Rapid Red First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a rapid red FE hybrid on order, but I am sitting with the dealer now to see if we can make a deal. I came down fully expecting to stay with the one on order, but this one may have won me over.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered an FX4 and personally, I’d rather have Sport over Slippery. You can start in 2nd gear to reduce wheel torque and/or modulate the throttle to gain traction.
How do you manually shift in the Maverick?

You know, since It doesn't have paddle shifters like the current Escape.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just as Ford's website states.. interesting.

Sorry for anybody confused by Ford's early literature.. let us not forget that Ford is still saying this is an XLT, when clearly a Lariat :ROFLMAO: Best of luck with your "bait and switch" suits.
1632958526756.png

2022 Ford Maverick Trim
Well, It was clearly listed that the FX4 Modes replaced ECO and SPORT when I placed my order (and am good with these modes - no bait and switch for me). The confusion came later when different (apparently wrong) combinations starting showing up in Ford's own subsequent literature....turns out the first ones were actually the correct ones.

Now if I can replace Tow/Haul mode with Sport mode via FORScan (or later factory tune package like the Ranger got) then it will be a perfect mix IMHO.
Sponsored