Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
DRIVE MODES TO SUIT YOUR MOOD
Roll with the punches and weather any storm. Whether you’re taking your Maverick truck on the road or off of it, the five drive modes — Normal, Tow Haul, Slippery, Eco and Sport — will make sure you get where you’re going. You can also upgrade to the FX4 Off-Road package, which comes with Sand and Mud & Ruts modes.

Yes, it is quite misleading. If you read the marketing, it certainly sounds like you "upgrade" to ADDITIONAL drive modes - not substituting and losing other drive modes. I can certainly use Tow/Haul as a pseudo-Sport mode (it's what I do with my Silverado) but I would would really be better would be to have the standard modes with FX4 upgrade drive modes.
Sponsored

Coolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia Denali
410 mi to E with 3/8 Tank... what am I missing here?
16.5 gal. tank capacity with the 2.0 EB

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back in early July when I ordered, this document sealed the deal for me and I opted to skip the FX4 package considering I didn't want to lose Eco or Sport. I thought everyone knew this was the case.
1632940698111.png

Link to Ford doc: 2022 Ford Maverick Features
Slippery mode was the head scratcher for me, glad its confirmed the FX4 ships with it, sad to lose mode. Wanted FX4 since that's the only way to add 6.5 inch productivity screen with the XLT

Reactions: JJC

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
The information directly below the text you copied makes it very clear which modes are standard and which modes come with FX4.. I'm surprised there's still confusion at this point.

"Standard Drive Modes – Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Eco and Sport.
FX4 Drive Modes – Normal, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud & Ruts, and Sand.
"

1632940409539.png
I chatted with someone at Ford today who confirmed FX4 drive modes are:
  • Normal
  • Sport
  • Mud/Rut
  • Sand
  • Tow/Haul
The issue stems from dealers and Ford themselves having a document that says drive modes are one thing, but all their marketing material says something entirely different. That is where the confusion is coming from.

Back in early July when I ordered, this document sealed the deal for me and I opted to skip the FX4 package considering I didn't want to lose Eco or Sport. I thought everyone knew this was the case.
1632940698111.png

Link to Ford doc: 2022 Ford Maverick Features
That is why I originally opted NOT to go with the FX4 package.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The wording is slightly misleading, I would not call it a "bait and switch" just because it confused you and a few others. You'll notice that if you select an ecoboost with Luxury package the Full Size Spare is not preselected, you have to add it as an individual option.
False. It is not slightly misleading. It's lying.

The original order guide AND the website said I'd get a full size spare if I ordered an Ecoboost with the Lariat Luxury package.

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
False. It is not slightly misleading. It's lying.

The original order guide AND the website said I'd get a full size spare if I ordered an Ecoboost with the Lariat Luxury package.
Provide me examples then. Because I never saw what you're talking about. Nothing I ever read said that Ecoboost gets a full size spare with luxury package.

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. This must be from the Original Order Guide because I have everything else saved to my computer and never found anything that said that explicitly.

Sponsored

lingle98

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 2016 Dodge Dart SXT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's just software, I don't understand why they take away any modes. I paid extra for the extra drive modes.... but I didn't want to remove sport and eco mode to get them... I'd imagine that maybe the new modes act nearly the same, as in maybe Mud/Ruts mode will behave like Sport mode, but even if they act the same, I still want the icons to convince me they're different lol

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Thank you. This must be from the Original Order Guide because I have everything else saved to my computer and never found anything that said that explicitly.
No problem! And yeah, I just pulled it from the initial order guide. The funny thing is that when I built my Maverick (I didn't order until a month later), I was pretty confident it said the full-size spare was included on Lariat Lux with Ecoboost. I found out way after placing my order that it didn't come with a full-size spare. I chalked it up to "Oh, I must've misread it."

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The information directly below the text you copied makes it very clear which modes are standard and which modes come with FX4.. I'm surprised there's still confusion at this point.

"

1632940409539.png
Exactly, you have to read the small print....why not just say it up front?

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's just software, I don't understand why they take away any modes. I paid extra for the extra drive modes.... but I didn't want to remove sport and eco mode to get them... I'd imagine that maybe the new modes act nearly the same, as in maybe Mud/Ruts mode will behave like Sport mode, but even if they act the same, I still want the icons to convince me they're different lol
They actually say in the Owners manual to not use the off-road modes on road.... unfortunately :(

"Using mud/ruts mode on dry, hard
surfaces could produce some vibration,
driveline bind up, and potential excessive
tire and vehicle wear"

"Using sand mode on dry, hard
surfaces could produce some vibration,
driveline bind up, potential excessive tire
wear and vehicle wear."

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

"

1632940409539.png
The confusing part is that it has been a moving target since the first build guide and Ford official info. Everybody can come up with something different from official Ford publications. All anybody is looking for is a confirmation of what is actually there sitting in a Ford Maverick FX4 when you push the drive mode button.

- Well that and if it's so easy to swap out drive modes if we can do it via FORScan.
Sponsored