VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is not the Stainless Works downpipe, correct? Who makes this and what's the difference? Are there dyno charts?
One difference I noticed in the descriptions was that the Stainless Works downpipe should work with OEM exhaust and their offering as well, where Fast Maverick's seems to only be 3" aftermarket exhaust compatible.

As someone who'd like to keep things quiet I'd prefer either the OEM fit or an option to add a larger muffler and/or resonator to an aftermarket option to keep things civil. $1400 for a downpipe is pricey in and case.
Sponsored

R785_2022

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru WRX, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I

I'll be curious to get your opinion on the sound * inside * the cab, especially at steady highway cruising speeds of 60-80mph. Every aftermarket 4cyl system (not many, I admit...) I've experienced has a terrible drone inside. Instant deal killer for me. But if anyone can pull it off, SW would be highest on my list. Let us know when you're up & running.
Iā€™ll post when itā€™s on and running. I got an eta for the last week of May. Drone Iā€™m not terribly worried about. Iā€™ve ran questionable setups on previous cars and never had a huge issue with drone. Iā€™ll let everyone know how it sounds in person vs their video.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One difference I noticed in the descriptions was that the Stainless Works downpipe should work with OEM exhaust and their offering as well, where Fast Maverick's seems to only be 3" aftermarket exhaust compatible.

As someone who'd like to keep things quiet I'd prefer either the OEM fit or an option to add a larger muffler and/or resonator to an aftermarket option to keep things civil. $1400 for a downpipe is pricey in and case.
I could not possibly agree more.
In my own Maverick, ideally Iā€™d want much more power with NO difference in sound. I doubt that is realistic, so Iā€™m happy to settle for more power and a small difference in sound. I spoke with
FAST MAVERICKS last night with the same concern. Their Downpipe is made to start at 3ā€ then taper to 2.5ā€ at the end to accommodate the factory exhaust. Therefore, our concern has been addressed. šŸ˜
Iā€™m not saying I donā€™t like the Stainless Works system. I DO like it, but I donā€™t want to sound like Iā€™m in the Indy 500 when Iā€™m driving to work and around town.
To each his own. I also know that Fast Mavericks is working on a complete 3ā€ system for those who might prefer that.
So order one and save several hundred dollars!

Last edited:

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess I'm the minority here, but I'm not liking that sound much. It's too raspy (ricey) for my taste. I prefer a deeper tone -- which I know is difficult to do on a 4-banger. Price is out of this world too. Add this exhaust and downpipe + 2 Boomba catch cans, and you have yourself another used car for your kids.

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Day to day I still run the factory exhaust with my 3" downpipe that I made. It still retains the factory lack of sound, but it didi slightly hamper power on the stock turbo. Not much though. Now it severely hinders power on the corsair turbo, lol.

I love that no one can even tell my car has anything done, minus the intercooler.

Sponsored

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Day to day I still run the factory exhaust with my 3" downpipe that I made. It still retains the factory lack of sound, but it didi slightly hamper power on the stock turbo. Not much though. Now it severely hinders power on the corsair turbo, lol.

I love that no one can even tell my car has anything done, minus the intercooler.
Thatā€™s ideal in my mind.
But weā€™re all different.

Franklin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I personally am very excited about this product and it will probably be the first item that I upgrade to when my Maverick arrives. It is also convenient that they are approximately ten minutes from my house.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
perfect!
Tell them you saw it here.
Who knowsā€¦maybe theyā€™ll bring it to you

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Stainless Works includes $25 3 to 2.5 inch reducer that they clearly don't care much about since they throw it across the room. A reducer is hardly an OEM compatible device. A couple things I noticed.

- No alignment ring when the turbo is machined for one
- Production welds compared to a fabricator that treats every part like an art pc
- no name cat vs GESI EPA cat
- slip fit vs vband with clamp
- that hanger has to add a few extra pounds

I am biased and I know I'm a nobody compared to SW. Yet there is a big difference between pumping out product and a boutique specialty shop.

Lastly going from a 3 inch downpipe to 2.5 inch exhaust is like running backwards. If you guys want an economy downpipe, I can make 2.5 inch downpipes that mate to the stock exhaust.

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lastly going from a 3 inch downpipe to 2.5 inch exhaust is like running backwards.
Agreed, kind of.

While it's not ideal, given the velocity changes and flow capacities of the stock exhaust, it'd absolutely be an improvement over the stock DP/Cat, and without all the noise of a full 3" system. As someone who's built a lot of turbo 4 cylinders, they pretty much all sound like crap when opened up, so keeping things quiet will be a factor for some (absolutely not all) folks.

It would also allow someone to build or find a quieter 3" option in the future without having to start over from the turbo back. For example, I am contemplating swapping to a 3" DP and then later building my own cat back with a larger, quieter muffler, maybe reuse the fancy factory resonator if I can figure out the math, route it differently, etc.

Sponsored

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Agreed, kind of.

While it's not ideal, given the velocity changes and flow capacities of the stock exhaust, it'd absolutely be an improvement over the stock DP/Cat, and without all the noise of a full 3" system. As someone who's built a lot of turbo 4 cylinders, they pretty much all sound like crap when opened up, so keeping things quiet will be a factor for some (absolutely not all) folks.

It would also allow someone to build or find a quieter 3" option in the future without having to start over from the turbo back. For example, I am contemplating swapping to a 3" DP and then later building my own cat back with a larger, quieter muffler, maybe reuse the fancy factory resonator if I can figure out the math, route it differently, etc.
I now include a reducer with my system to use with stock exhaust

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE
The fastmavericks.com Downpipe now includes a stainless steel 3 X 2.5 reducer so you can use it with the stock, or ANY cat back

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was considering until I saw the price

IMG_3714.jpeg
This is pretty typical pricing for good quality aftermarket exhaust. And so far there doesn't seem to be much debate about their stuff sounding the best, and by a wide margin

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is pretty typical pricing for good quality aftermarket exhaust. And so far there doesn't seem to be much debate about their stuff sounding the best, and by a wide margin
Fair enough ..

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you gone to
www.fastmavericks.com
Click on the Downpipe at each site and check the welding.
Itā€™s really quite different
Sponsored