Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like these parts :LOL::
This may be due to the software in the anti-lock brake system module (ABS). ... and engineering is currently developing a software update
Anyway, good news, and thanks to all the folks who reported the issue to the NHSTA.
Cheers.
Sponsored

samspritzer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CRV, 2008 Accord, 2009 Quintana Roo Kilo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the same thing happening to me on occasion. Its more pronounced when its wet out. I am also with the poster who complaint about them dinging his perfect driving score on the insurance app. Thankfully, it doesn't factor into the premium calculation!

Gvmumbral

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is a great fix.

Anyone else have the issue when you're coming to a stop, but your pushing the breakdown hard and its still moving? Kind of squishy? You REALLY have to 'give it' to make it fully stop, which generally results in a jerk. I try to take my foot off then put it back on, but its so unnatural moving and wanting to stop and then having to take the foot off.
Me, when i'm backing up while parking. Hate it, i will almost crash. I'm looking for. A tow hitch step or some kind of protector.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since my base hybrid XL ordered in October 2021 wont be built until 2525, I assume this will be fixed at the Jupiter factory by then.
My favorite part was the beginning: "Ford knows about it and is working on a patch."
Did Ford "know about it" before the 2021 - 2022s models were even out to the customers? Crossing their fingers that the customers would not find out until all the orders were finished. (No time too fix bugs, when we have trucks to push out)

How many times people have asked if I would pay more for a Maverick off a lot now, or wait on my order to come in from Jupiter?
With these kind of bugs and $10,000.00 over the asking price, I will still happily wait. :)

Sponsored

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is a great fix.

Anyone else have the issue when you're coming to a stop, but your pushing the breakdown hard and its still moving? Kind of squishy? You REALLY have to 'give it' to make it fully stop, which generally results in a jerk. I try to take my foot off then put it back on, but its so unnatural moving and wanting to stop and then having to take the foot off.
Yes! This is actually more annoying to me than the grabby brakes. Hopefully the software update fixes both things.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine are grabby and jerky about 85% of the time. I welcome this "fix"

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided
But I was told by a large number of keyboard warriors that I don't know how to drive a hybrid. How can Ford being fixing an issue that doesn't exist? /s Anyways, this is great, the braking issue was really my only gripe after having mine for 6 months. Getting this and all the recalls scheduled will be the fun part.
With the getting updates like this…it’s not hard or that expensive to get your own copy of IDS going that can pull and flash updates. Certain versions of Forscan can do it as well. I’d strongly recommend just having the dealer do that stuff while under warranty unless you REALLY want to avoid the hassle, but otherwise works just fine. I’ve done several module updates and software tsb fixes over the years along with the usual testing/troubleshooting and/or programming replacement parts that need doing so to work on my <$100 setup. You don’t HAVE to rely on the dealer for that stuff if you don’t want to!

Mpat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid XLT lux, copilot360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really looking fwd to getting my brakes fixed. The low speed braking and the intermittent no-start/battery harness are the only issues with my Mav. Otherwise it is a great truck.

Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes! This is actually more annoying to me than the grabby brakes. Hopefully the software update fixes both things.
Agreed in the sense that (on my hybrid, at least) the feedback one gets from the brake pedal does not appraoch being as positive as what am used to from more traditional vehicles. Still getting used to not experiencing that expected dollop of reassurance although it has become more an eccentricity than a surprise or detriment as time has passed.

Brandon_TX6

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the getting updates like this…it’s not hard or that expensive to get your own copy of IDS going that can pull and flash updates. Certain versions of Forscan can do it as well. I’d strongly recommend just having the dealer do that stuff while under warranty unless you REALLY want to avoid the hassle, but otherwise works just fine. I’ve done several module updates and software tsb fixes over the years along with the usual testing/troubleshooting and/or programming replacement parts that need doing so to work on my <$100 setup. You don’t HAVE to rely on the dealer for that stuff if you don’t want to!
Right, I already have an upcoming recall scheduled in Nov. to fix the fire hazard and at least two more coming up for the airbag and something else as I recall. It's a major hassle to plan to not have my truck so I'm trying to schedule as much at one time as possible. Probably wont get this brake update until the airbags come in next year at this rate.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah! No more harsh breaking on my insurance app. That was dinging my perfect driving score.
This issue (brakes grabbing) only occurs at very low speeds (less than 8 mph) and does not suddenly stop your vehicle instantly so this is not the issue you are having with your insurance.

AllState (milewise/drivewise) considers hard braking as slowing down by 8-10 MPH at one second or less. You really need to abruptly stop to have a hard brake ding.

I have AllState milewise and have had the grabby brakes a few times. I have never been dinged because of the grabby brake issue.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford knows about it and is working on a software patch...
Broadcast Messages
Oct 21 2022 2022 Maverick - 2.5L FHEV - Brakes Grab During Light Braking When Applied At OrBelow 6.2 Mph (10 Km/h)
Some 2022 Maverick vehicles equipped with a 2.5L full hybrid electric vehicle (FHEV) powertrain may exhibit a condition where the brakes may grab during light braking at or below 6.2 mph (10 km/h). This may be due to the software in the anti-lock brake system module (ABS). This condition does not affect vehicle safety/performance and no additional diagnosis or service is required for this condition at this time. Inform customers that they can continue to safely drive the vehicle, and engineering is currently developing a software update that is expectedin the last week of November 2022. Once the software update is available, contact the customer and schedule a follow-up appointment for repair in December 2022. Monitor OASIS for updates
Finally!!! It's quite the adventure when I slow down to park in my garage. Too light of pressure, I tap the cabinet with the license plate holder. Too much pressure and I' give everyone whiplash and/or auto brake hold takes over. Then I have to disable the auto brake hold to creep forward enough to clear the garage door.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe the silver-lining to having waited for almost a year now (and have never even been scheduled), is that all of these seeming many recalls will be addressed before my truck is ever built and I won't have to try to have recall items fixed at the dealer. I have to find solace somewhere.
Sponsored