Sponsored

Spray in Bedliner not ready when truck will be delivered - per my Ford dealership

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
New to posting to the forum, been reading the great information that is available on this site.

I received a call from my Ford Dealer (Bell Ford, Phoenix, AZ) and was advised that the Spray in Bedliner would likely not be ready for when I take delivery of the Maverick. I would have to come back at a later time to have the spray-in Bedliner performed. I thought this was odd because I assumed that this would be done at the factory.

Order 8/14
Lariat
Alta Blue
Hybrid
Lariat Luxury Package
Ford 360

No Build Date - Priority Code 15
Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds as thought the dealer removed the option in order to get it scheduled...

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Sounds as thought the dealer removed the option in order to get it scheduled...
Dealer can't cherry pick options from packages, this person ordered a Lariat Lux, the LUX comes with the spray-in, no way to remove it. That'd be like if they also removed the seat heaters and said those will be installed later.

This is my first time hearing this though, any other dealers heard this? @Dealerinsider @Granger Ford @fordvideoguy

Also, congrats on your order! Welcome!

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer can't cherry pick options from packages, this person ordered a Lariat Lux, the LUX comes with the spray-in, no way to remove it. That'd be like if they also removed the seat heaters and said those will be installed later.

This is my first time hearing this though, any other dealers heard this? @Dealerinsider @Granger Ford @fordvideoguy

of course.

I missed that it wasn't a standalone bed liner.

OP
OP
dmccorkle33

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't get the impression they were removing it. My sales rep said there is a lack of training and supplies to be able to perform this at the dealership. He just wanted to let me know so I wasn't surprised and that I would need to bring it back to have it performed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
dmccorkle33

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the spray-in liner was done from the factory? Your dealer is telling you that they do that after taking delivery? This would be my first time hearing that. I wonder if Ford has changed this due to commodity constraints.
Yes, I asked him the same questions and he said that it needs to be performed at the dealership after I take delivery. Which is also why I thought it important enough to bring to the forum because it sounded odd.

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yes, I don't believe you can take out individual options on a package like that.

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
Yes, I asked him the same questions and he said that it needs to be performed at the dealership after I take delivery. Which is also why I thought it important enough to bring to the forum because it sounded odd.
Sounds fishy to me.

OP
OP
dmccorkle33

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds fishy to me.
It was my sales rep calling with the Ford dealership caller ID. Plus he didn't say my warranty was expired or if I want to sell my house. Not fishy IMO just odd.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought the spray-in liner was done from the factory? Your dealer is telling you that they do that after taking delivery? This would be my first time hearing that. I wonder if Ford has changed this due to commodity constraints.
At the factory a robot does the spray in bed liner; only thing that would cause delays are commodities. One would think by now the Texas chemical processing facilities would be back up and running....

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This looks like a good question for Tim at Long MacArthur

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a nation wide shortage of an ingredient in spray in line material, mentioned in other threads.

If Ford can't get spray in I bet LineX, Rino etc can't either :confused:

Thank you EXgovernor Rick Perry and :poop: ERCOT, also mentioned in a thread.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided

They don't know what they are talking about, it is included in the Luxury Packages and put on at the factory. I assume they are confused by the email that went out that the "Optional" Spray-in Bedliner will hold up production.

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
Sounds fishy to me.
It was my sales rep calling with the Ford dealership caller ID. Plus he didn't say my warranty was expired or if I want to sell my house. Not fishy IMO just odd.
No, I meant it sounded like your dealer was up to something fishy. Not that it wasn't them.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Let us know what you hear back from your sales rep once you tell them how it actually is :ROFLMAO:. They're obviously about as far out of the loop as one could be regarding the factory spray-in liner. Maybe also speak with the sales manager and make sure they know the fake news that's being passed onto their customers.

In case you weren't aware, the two I tagged that responded are two of the awesome dealers that are active on here. Granger Ford and Ford Video guy always do their best to get us accurate information, I trust what they say.
Sponsored