First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The commodity restraint of bedliner material has caught everyone off guard. This is an alternative that will take a bit of elbow grease but can be accomplished as you are watching/listening to a Sunday afternoon game. Different companies make the material such as Dupli-color, Raptor, Herculiner, Durabak, POR-15, Iron Armor, Flex Seal and others. The process is the same but the materials have different attributes. The video below shows the process as well as attributes of the individual products.

I am planning on removing the spray-in bedliner from my hybrid build and using the Harbor Freight brand as well as their texture spray gun($39.99) to apply it. One gallon($49.99) covers 120-140 sq.ft. AND you can do a better job of overall coverage than you can get when done at the factory(up to the rear window and the bottom of the tailgate and back edge of the bed). You can either roll it or spray it on. For a more uniformed look I plan on spraying it on. I
will probably also get a can or two of the aerosol based product to do the tight spots first.

If you don't have a compressor you could also get numerous cans at $8.00 each 16-20sq.ft. coverage. You may come out cheaper that way with minimal waste. I will use the sprayer because I have another job for it.

Review of the different products -
Application of the bedliner -

There are other videos out there but this can assist in showing you it is not beyond doing yourself.

Ford Maverick Spray-in Bedliner: do it yourself for less than $100 and an afternoon of work texture material
Ford Maverick Spray-in Bedliner: do it yourself for less than $100 and an afternoon of work texture2
Ford Maverick Spray-in Bedliner: do it yourself for less than $100 and an afternoon of work texture sprayer
I
Sponsored

Dyllicious

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW ID.4 and a 95 NA Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I raptor lined my own 2019 f150 and was extremely happy with the results.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ehh, I hate painting enough. Don’t want to imagine the rough shape my truck would be in if I did this messy job. Money well spent for me. Good luck 👍

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Relationships come and go. But those views he got on utube are timeless.
Sponsored