Sponsored

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Don't get too excited by this, A reveal date for the Maverick is still 9 months to a year off. They will put out just enough to let us know the project is not dead, But we are still a ways off.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TrkNv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Xj and Rogue Sport
Don't get too excited by this, A reveal date for the Maverick is still 9 months to a year off. They will put out just enough to let us know the project is not dead, But we are still a ways off.
if you are correct I’ll be driving a Ranger or, if it hits this summer, the redesigned Frontier. I lean toward Frontier because of the naturally aspirated motor vs the Ford Turbo and I’m daily driving a 2010 Frontier with 215k miles.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
if you are correct I’ll be driving a Ranger or, if it hits this summer, the redesigned Frontier. I lean toward Frontier because of the naturally aspirated motor vs the Ford Turbo and I’m daily driving a 2010 Frontier with 215k miles.
Ford has millions of dollars in deposits for the Bronco right now and they keep pushing back the build dates for these customers, I just don't see the Maverick "cutting in line" so to speek with the Maverick being almost half the cost of a Bronco.

Sponsored

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Yeah I’ll be getting a 2021 or 2022 Colorado myself it looks like. The Ranger is just too expensive for what I need.

I’ll revisit the Maverick whenever it’s released and consider a trade in.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cactus gray or Area 51? looks closer to 51, also the rims look like the higher trim line, but this one is still fwd...
Nice to see more spy shots.

Gotta let a few leaks out here and there and let potential buyers know they're still on the way.

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is absolutely not true

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
This is absolutely not true
Ford has parking lots full of F-150s that just need chips. They have a highly profitable model (the Bronco) that has been revealed and production keeps getting delayed. They have multiple lower volume vehicles (Escape and Cosair plug in hybrids) that have been revealed where production has been delayed. I'm afraid that it just makes logical sense that they will delay the reveal / production of a vehicle that they have not officially acknowledged even exists at this point. Especially in a segment that no one else has put a vehicle in. The Hyundai Santa Cruz looks to be aiming at being a mid sized truck competitor or taking sales from SUVs not other trucks. Yes, they built some prototypes so they have tooling. But that is at a factory that also builds an already released vehicle that is selling like crazy. Welcome to the ripple effects of the pandemic. We are going to be feeling those for a long time.

Sponsored

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in the process of buying a 1992 F150 until the Maverick releases. So I guess I can wait a year. Plus my car will be paid off this time next year. Too bad but still interested.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Ford may be in trouble.

I think they've tried to make too many changes to their product line in a short period of time, and have mismanaged finite resources in the process.

The failed roll-out of the Bronco should not be hand-waved-away with talk of chip-shortages and "pandemic-related" effects, when other car companies are continuing to develop and roll-out new vehicles while maintaining their existing products.

The Maverick news has been properly clamped, with targeted releases to keep appetites wet, but brand loyalty will only get you so far when you stop keeping up with changes in market conditions.

Luckily, Hyundai is about to start charging folks a mid-sized truck price for a low-power lifestyle vehicle, the market will remain wide-open for an affordable small truck.

I think I'll be buying a hybrid Tuscon, instead of a small truck, TBH. I need MPG and passenger space, more than I need the convenience of a truck bed.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ford may be in trouble.

I think they've tried to make too many changes to their product line in a short period of time, and have mismanaged finite resources in the process.

The failed roll-out of the Bronco should not be hand-waved-away with talk of chip-shortages and "pandemic-related" effects, when other car companies are continuing to develop and roll-out new vehicles while maintaining their existing products.

The Maverick news has been properly clamped, with targeted releases to keep appetites wet, but brand loyalty will only get you so far when you stop keeping up with changes in market conditions.

Luckily, Hyundai is about to start charging folks a mid-sized truck price for a low-power lifestyle vehicle, the market will remain wide-open for an affordable small truck.

I think I'll be buying a hybrid Tuscon, instead of a small truck, TBH. I need MPG and passenger space, more than I need the convenience of a truck bed.
what "failed rollout"? Better to get it right than get it fast and have bad publicity if growing pains happen after it is selling to public. Before the chip shortage, there was a surprise manufacturing problem with the removable hard top IIRC- and the vendor had to basically go back to square 1 to correct it. Implied there would be 6 months delay just because of this. You are case in point why Ford is NOT revealing Maverick yet- because of impatience and jumping to (bad) conclusions without a clue what is happening or why.