Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are probably testing toppers being developed under NDA with one manufacturer to have a dealer-installed option at launch. This is especially needed for fleet and work vehicles.
I think you are right. Closer inspection of the side by side pix of 2 parked trucks shows a very well defined and uniform shape under the tarp on both vehicles. Looks exactly like the back profile of a topper.
Sponsored

rutroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge durango
the front truck looks raised sum also its about 3 or 4 inches taller than second 1

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So from those pictures:

1. Toppers will be available Day 1. If they're testing toppers now Day 1 may be sooner than people think, chips notwithstanding.
2. A tradesman's single cab has a non-zero probability. If that's the case it will be the brown BMW with a stick of little trucks.
3. This little stinker might become the VW Bug of trucks. I'd like that.

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
You know, I was half joking when I said this was a two-door version, but I'm convinced that it is. We have the rear windows that are clearly sagging inwards, but we also have some very clever camo on the front and rear doors to make their proportions appear to be that of front and rear doors. Take a look at the camo on the lower door sill, it extends well beyond what appears to be the edge of the rear portion of the front door.
Ford Maverick Spied: 2022+ Ford Maverick Prototypes Are Caught Again in Arizona 2D Maverick

Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really think if there was another cab except the crew we would have spotted it by now. As much as I would love a little extended or single cab version it aint happening.

At least I can use the space in that useless back seat to rip out everything and build a nice tool box.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could Ford be testing the Maverick's capabilities with different load sizes and/or weight distributions (back seat + bed, with different bed load positioning)? Testing how the different engine and drive trains handle distance travel various load levels?

Is this even a performance test utilized by manufacturers?

Scoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford focus
In the photo of the two trucks that are side by side and facing forward there is something camo/covered under the rear bumper, haven’t seen that before. Also the truck on the left has something sticking out on the left side of the rear bumper that I haven’t seen before. Could this be a hybrid model. Any ideas.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really think if there was another cab except the crew we would have spotted it by now. As much as I would love a little extended or single cab version it aint happening.

At least I can use the space in that useless back seat to rip out everything and build a nice tool box.
Ford was offering a rear seat delete option on the Ranger build and order website. Saved $200.00 off your build too. Not sure if they still have that option (I last looked into it in 2019) or if they would offer same option on Maverick, but it may save you the trouble of ripping it all out :cool:

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Everytime I see the title of this thread I think there are new pictures..:cautious: can the trucks be caught again again??

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
You know, I was half joking when I said this was a two-door version, but I'm convinced that it is. We have the rear windows that are clearly sagging inwards, but we also have some very clever camo on the front and rear doors to make their proportions appear to be that of front and rear doors. Take a look at the camo on the lower door sill, it extends well beyond what appears to be the edge of the rear portion of the front door.
2D Maverick.jpg
Looking at the mules with the bed covers, I don't think it's so much they're hiding a 2 door version, but that they're so incomplete and made out of mished mashed panels that it wouldn't even resemble a truck, even from the second last pics it doesn't look like theres a real bumper under the camo, same with the front bumper, just a rough shape of the final product

Reactions: Doc