First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice to know they are still testing. Something as simple as this keeps the fire burning. Heck, give us a glimpse at the gauge cluster and we will be happy for weeks 😅

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Why cover up the bed at this point? We've seen plenty of spy shots where the bed, back windows and roof are exposed. I can't imagein they can change those features much at this point. But maybe there is some cool bed / tailgate magic they don't want us to know about. Maybe that gull-wing tailgate I've always dreamed of. (No, I have no idea what a gull-wing tailgate would look like either). Maybe the Maverick will be all electric with a giant fold out solar array for free charging. That must be what's under the covers.

Leuf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why cover up the bed at this point?
They look exactly the same as from back in September, so while it is fun to speculate about what might be under there (secret extended cab version FTW), I think the better question is "Why would they uncover it if they are still getting what they need the way it is?" Why do work to make your secret trucks more visible for no reason?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why cover up the bed at this point? We've seen plenty of spy shots where the bed, back windows and roof are exposed. I can't imagein they can change those features much at this point. But maybe there is some cool bed / tailgate magic they don't want us to know about. Maybe that gull-wing tailgate I've always dreamed of. (No, I have no idea what a gull-wing tailgate would look like either). Maybe the Maverick will be all electric with a giant fold out solar array for free charging. That must be what's under the covers.
could be hiding accessory bedliner, different rear window, other surprise features they don't want seen yet.

Sponsored

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if they're testing an integrated bed rack.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

They are probably testing toppers being developed under NDA with one manufacturer to have a dealer-installed option at launch. This is especially needed for fleet and work vehicles.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
...could be hiding the fact that these are 2-door models. Those rear "windows" are sunk in way too deep.

...just throwing some raw meat out there....

Um, you may be on to something. They >are< too floppy and too deep.

Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Why cover up the bed at this point?
Possibly because Ford didn't have the time to take most of the camo off. It sounds crazy, but I know GM has the same problem. Read an article from GM Authority showcasing a camoflaged Cadillac Escalade. This was MONTHS after the reveal Before anyone asks, I do not believe that was an Escalade V prototype.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to think perhaps they will offer a rolling / locking metal tonneau cover like Hyundai is showing on the Santa Cruz.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That roof antenna is too far back to be a single or supercab. :(
Sponsored