Sponsored

Space inside the rear fenders, around the storage cubby area.

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still waiting on my Maverick (on rail) but interested in making a "power pack" that ideally fits inside the storage cubby. Very similar to this member except I want battery/inverter/charger to ALL reside in the fender and draw charging power from the 12V flexbed pigtails.

Originally I was trying to get it all to fit inside the cubby as a "module" but even without taking ownership it's looking unlikely. Generally speaking, if you were to unbolt the storage cubby and look around inside the fender, does it appear to have lots more empty space where I could expand out assuming I fabricate custom storage?
Sponsored

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually just installed my second cubby yesterday and so looked inside the fender...there's A LOT of room there but little to mount to, you'd likely need to fabricate an entirely new cubby that mounts to the existing 6 threaded cubby mounts.

I'll update this post with photos later today if no one else does by then

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am thinking about doing the same thing. It would be interesting to potentially dissassemble and repackage one of the existing "portable solar generators". We are installing a cap and will likely have room for a flexible solar panel on the roof of it. So we would probably do solar input but may also use the 12v charging aswell. The 12v is fairly low powered but should trickle charge a battery atleast. Another question is should we use 12v, paired small 6v, lithium, or maybe power tool batteries like the 5ah 56volt EGO batteries I have? Granted the Maverick wont be my work truck, but the concept of having a couple of my wacker and chainsaw batteries ready to go.

OP
OP
Trucklet

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another question is should we use 12v, paired small 6v, lithium, or maybe power tool batteries like the 5ah 56volt EGO batteries I have?
Don't quote me but all else being equal I think that several batteries in parallel can handle larger amperage drawdowns from circular saws et al.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Don't quote me but all else being equal I think that several batteries in parallel can handle larger amperage drawdowns from circular saws et al.
Sure would be nice if the rear quarter came off as easy as the Broncos panels do. We could really make a nice setup if that came off easy. Either way cant wait to get mine to start poking and prodding in its innards!

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Given that the 4 batteries are mounted on the outside of this. It makes me wonder how much smaller the packaging could be on this? If one came up on craigslist or ebay cheap, I would consider breaking it down and seeing what to do. Maybe even extend wiring and run the batteries to behind the rear seat panel. They run power that far on some of the tools anyway. Just have the guts and hookups in the cubby.
Ford Maverick Space inside the rear fenders, around the storage cubby area. YJwVMmwHaFj?w=255&h=191&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1

OP
OP
Trucklet

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For anyone interested - this post pretty much shows everything!

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Space inside the rear fenders, around the storage cubby area. 20220625_144539

Yup that's about what I'm seeing, a bracket could be fabricated based on what little mount points exist but there's plenty of room

Ford Maverick Space inside the rear fenders, around the storage cubby area. 20220625_144524
Sponsored