04mach146

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Make a template of your box and manufacturer them as a kit.
Have the fiberglass mold made just for that reason at the shop. But it requires the blue plastic insert to be drimeled out to glass it I to the box itself

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing yet for the cubby. My base knob is between the USB ports and the 12v port. Better hiding spot than the cubby and less temptation for kids to play with it lol.
I have been thinking about making an insert with a lockable door. It would be a tiny little safe, but could be useful

Either that or a small bobblehead, lol.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I knew there would be atleast one... but just so you know the lower frequencies actually require higher decibels to to damage. But hey can't be any worse than the guns I shoot or power tools for work the past 20 years...
I'm 57 yo. Been playing with loud stereos... working in loud refineries and shooting very loud firearms, not always with hearing protection for 40 years. Assumed I had to have some hearing loss. Went and had my hearing professionally checked a few years ago, and to everyone's surprise, my hearing was darn near perfect. Above average actually for 57 yo males. Yes, some people can suffer hearing loss from loud sound (not low frequencies though) but it seems to be more genetically related.

Sponsored

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
So I'll start off saying that this has been a bit of a struggle I've had to change my setup 3 times and I may end up changing it again before it's all said n done. But I now am running 2 memphis m7 10" subs on a viv2200.1 amp not pushing them hard as they're breaking in still. They have hit 140dbs but looking for more. Also the box is a hybrid glass and wood. Non ported.

Resized_Resized_20211119_105202.jpeg

Resized_Resized_20211119_105118.jpeg

Resized_20211119_105243.jpeg

Resized_20211119_105337.jpeg

Resized_20211119_105347.jpeg

Resized_20211119_105432.jpeg
Looks great :) What I'm most envious of, is that your Maverick has an actual alternator ! I'm kind of stuck in a hard place right now, as I'll never own another all gas (ICE) vehicle, but the stock inverters in all the Hybrids and all electrics I've seen, are borderline strong enough for a nice little system. Even your two amps might be too much for the Maverick Hybrid Inverter ? I've actually been talking with some electronics gurus and stereo gear manufacturers to see what is going to be done about this. Stronger Inverters maybe ?

Anyhow, I assume you have been playing with car audio for a while, so here's the $10K question.... How is this setup sounding so far (compared to other stereo projects you have done) ? Any nits, or things you think you wioll need to tweak ? Pretty musical ? Will it cover road noise with the windows down ? ;)

Oh, what do you think about the stock speaker locations ? Does that work okay ?

This is an important thread for me, as I'm going to be putting something in my GF's Hybrid Maverick too. Her subwoofer enclosure will be moveable / portable though.... so it can have all the airspace it needs, but can be throw under the bedcover, for use of all 5 seats (rare) or even just brought inside.

OP
OP
04mach146

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been thinking about making an insert with a lockable door. It would be a tiny little safe, but could be useful

Either that or a small bobblehead, lol.
Lol I have a console safe already. Honestly think it will hold my sun glasses as the fishing shades will stay in the holder in the ceiling

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Lol I have a console safe already. Honestly think it will hold my sun glasses as the fishing shades will stay in the holder in the ceiling
I had a ridiculous 1/4" plate steel safe bolted into the bed of my Chevy S10 (under a fiberglass bedcover. Used a huge padlock, with a lock guard, and a crazy piano style hinge :) Thing probably weighed 80 lbs. It was definitely never breached :) lol

potatosalad

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice work! Did you keep the stock head unit? If so, did it have rca outs for your amp or did you use converters?

OP
OP
04mach146

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great :) What I'm most envious of, is that your Maverick has an actual alternator ! I'm kind of stuck in a hard place right now, as I'll never own another all gas (ICE) vehicle, but the stock inverters in all the Hybrids and all electrics I've seen, are borderline strong enough for a nice little system. Even your two amps might be too much for the Maverick Hybrid Inverter ? I've actually been talking with some electronics gurus and stereo gear manufacturers to see what is going to be done about this. Stronger Inverters maybe ?

Anyhow, I assume you have been playing with car audio for a while, so here's the $10K question.... How is this setup sounding so far (compared to other stereo projects you have done) ? Any nits, or things you think you wioll need to tweak ? Pretty musical ? Will it cover road noise with the windows down ? ;)

Oh, what do you think about the stock speaker locations ? Does that work okay ?

This is an important thread for me, as I'm going to be putting something in my GF's Hybrid Maverick too. Her subwoofer enclosure will be moveable / portable though.... so it can have all the airspace it needs, but can be throw under the bedcover, for use of all 5 seats (rare) or even just brought inside.
So a lot of questions right there lol . As for power I'm actually borderline getting an extra battery on this setup. The speakers have yet to be broken in and only turned up half way atm. Hitting 140dbs so may end up needing it. Also only changed out two door speakers so that amp isn't pushing full power either but figured I'd wait for the highs to go b4 getting better ones. That said with them hooked to the amp via a processor it is very musical. And as for road noise it blocks out wind noise when only at about 15 on the volume dial on the head unit lol have it set for 25 for best sound. As for getting a lil bump for her. You could do a portable box no problem just have to figure out your power situation. Stock Speaker location is fine but you need a processor and a small amp to make the stock units sound better. Also the door speaker are garbage that's why they were replaced

Sponsored
OP
OP
04mach146

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice work! Did you keep the stock head unit? If so, did it have rca outs for your amp or did you use converters?
Used the stock head unit with a memphis ll6sa sound processor to the amps

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
So a lot of questions right there lol . As for power I'm actually borderline getting an extra battery on this setup. The speakers have yet to be broken in and only turned up half way atm. Hitting 140dbs so may end up needing it. Also only changed out two door speakers so that amp isn't pushing full power either but figured I'd wait for the highs to go b4 getting better ones. That said with them hooked to the amp via a processor it is very musical. And as for road noise it blocks out wind noise when only at about 15 on the volume dial on the head unit lol have it set for 25 for best sound. As for getting a lil bump for her. You could do a portable box no problem just have to figure out your power situation. Stock Speaker location is fine but you need a processor and a small amp to make the stock units sound better. Also the door speaker are garbage that's why they were replaced
I'm looking the Kicker Keys (the 4ch + the mono unit) for size, efficiency, ease of install, built in DSP with auto tune...
Although you can never get Ford to tell you it will be okay (for liability reasons) I'm very confident it will be. I'm thinking an efficient little 10" sub, maybe with a 12" passive radiator. I LOVE PR's ;) It will be very easy to model, build and tune.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah the second is a sr300 4 channel 600w amp I replaced 2 of the speakers and just using the amp and a signal processor for the others the amp makes a big difference in the clarity of the stock speakers
Good luck!

OP
OP
04mach146

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck!
? Why would I need luck. If it's for putting an amp to stock speakers, I know the stock speakers will fail eventually and I'm planning on upgrading down the road. But a stock speakers will tend to blow faster from a stock unit than if amped due to distortion. I'm not over powering them just making them better by only feeding them the frequencies they work well with. I'm not sure if you are clueless and just have to comment on stuff or not. Either way I don't think luck has anything to do with my setup.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
? Why would I need luck. If it's for putting an amp to stock speakers, I know the stock speakers will fail eventually and I'm planning on upgrading down the road. But a stock speakers will tend to blow faster from a stock unit than if amped due to distortion. I'm not over powering them just making them better by only feeding them the frequencies they work well with. I'm not sure if you are clueless and just have to comment on stuff or not. Either way I don't think luck has anything to do with my setup.
I was talking about your ears, but since you found a youtube video saying it's not a problem, maybe it's not a problem. Like II said, good luck!
Sponsored