Sponsored

Sorry - I have to ask... (1L water bottles storage)

wiseguy3501

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like some people are missing the point of this, it isn't for store bought single use 1L bottles, they specifically stated somewhere nalgene size bottles. More and more people including myself use stainless steel vacuum insulated water bottles all the time. In at least one promo video I saw someone put my exact bottle (Thermoflask) into that door pocket, I'm pumped!
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like some people are missing the point of this, it isn't for store bought single use 1L bottles, they specifically stated somewhere nalgene size bottles. More and more people including myself use stainless steel vacuum insulated water bottles all the time. In at least one promo video I saw someone put my exact bottle (Thermoflask) into that door pocket, I'm pumped!
Maybe this is just a Minnesota thing?! Hahaha

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Indiana here, everyone I know carries around stainless steel insulated water bottles.

That being said I don't think it's a huge selling point. For me it just let's me know that they actually sat and thought about utilizing space and trying to be innovative. Especially with something like the door panels where they could've easily just made it like every other door out there. Instead they're thinking about the type of consumers that they're targeting and how they might use that space better.

Like someone else mentioned, it probably seems more amplified because if you're like me you've watched every reviewers preview 5 times and they all mention it. I mean I've watched like 5 videos of the same Maverick First Edition in Chicago this weekend already and they're all like identical videos lol.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in Minnesota too, and my wife always has a water bottle, which up until the Maverick comes, is always in the center console and always bumped by me.

Sponsored

Buzzard

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I'm in Virginia and like the wiseguy, have stainless steel vacuum bottles galore. Ice water, coffee and a Stanley beer mug too. Not that I'd ever use one driving. In different sizes to fit the various holders on my motorcycles. I'm a geezer, is this supposed to be a new idea?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For anyone wanting to jump on board or add to their collection, REI has CamelBak chute stainless steel bottles around ten bucks right now...70% off!

wiseguy3501

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m in Minnesota too, and my wife always has a water bottle, which up until the Maverick comes, is always in the center console and always bumped by me.
What's more fun is when you drive a stick like me and you smash your finger into the bottle while shifting gears... True story, hurt quite a bit because I actually drive my car rather hard and don't usually have it there.

Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm most curious to know if my fat Nalgene or Yeti water bottle will fit in the door. What is the max diameter/height of the water bottle pocket?
Yes. My Nalgene doesn’t fit in my cup holder right now and I don’t have a lot of space in my tiny car. I definitely need a spot for it. I drink too much water and always have it with me. The Yetis look nice, too.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are vehicles with spots for large water bottles. There are truck beds with cutouts for boards to section off the bed. There are other features in use on other vehicles as well. However, the point of pointing these all out is a new design approach employed for the Maverick and the design and engineering team are pretty excited about it and want YOU to know! Features like the indentations in the headliner for head clearance, cutouts under the front seats for the rear passenger's feet, and the DIY wiring in the bed. The whole package is pretty well done and pointing it out is trying to share with you the excitement the team has for what they accomplished.

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Re thermoflask, can you tell us how that compares to your standard 32 Oz/ 1 L Nalgene bottle? Not familiar with the brand, and it appears too skinny to accommodate a Nalgene type bottle (and all mine are that sized bade, even the hydroflasks).

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For anyone wanting to jump on board or add to their collection, REI has CamelBak chute stainless steel bottles around ten bucks right now...70% off!
Thanks for the heads up! Just picked one up, I love the Chute series.

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can’t stand the constant 1-liter water bottle reference. That and the bottle opener tie downs on the tailgate. But I’m sure some ppl are excited about all of that. I just never see anyone use 1-liter bottles within my circle. Maybe I’ll have to buy one to keep in the door for an emergency pee if stuck in traffic.
Personally I use 32oz Nalgene bottle when I'm out and about. I'll usually throw it on the passenger seat or in the back seat. I'll probably still end up doing the same since I doubt it will fit in the doors.

I do actually own a few Sigg 1L water bottles, but I prefer to just leave those in the fridge at home since they are metal get nice and cold.
Sponsored