First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT-4k tow-FX4-Iconic Silver
Trim
XLT
Sometimes, in my area, they will put up radar-triggered speed signs to encourage drivers to slow down (not ticket cameras, just a digital speed shown). There is now one on a road I use regularly, and it is always 2 mph lower than the digital speed display in the truck. This is on a 35 mph road. I have the black FX4 rims with Pirelli AT tires.

A few days ago I pushed my luck, so I could buy gas at a preferred location. I pulled up to the pump with "6 miles to empty" warning in the dash display, and filled up with 16.454 gallons. It looks like the EB has a 16.5 gallon tank. So "miles to empty" does not appear to have a buffer or reserve, and is in fact how many miles you have until you run out!

Brian_J

XLT
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Trim
XLT
Sometimes, in my area, they will put up radar-triggered speed signs to encourage drivers to slow down (not ticket cameras, just a digital speed shown). There is now one on a road I use regularly, and it is always 2 mph lower than the digital speed display in the truck. This is on a 35 mph road. I have the black FX4 rims with Pirelli AT tires.

A few days ago I pushed my luck, so I could buy gas at a preferred location. I pulled up to the pump with "6 miles to empty" warning in the dash display, and filled up with 16.454 gallons. It looks like the EB has a 16.5 gallon tank. So "miles to empty" does not appear to have a buffer or reserve, and is in fact how many miles you have until you run out!
Speedometers reading high is fairly common. On my Ducati’s, they were programmed 8% high (even said that in the owners manual!). I’ve read that oems face high fines in some countries if the speedo reads slower than the actual speed.

Sykotyk

Lariat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Trim
Lariat
Most all new cars the speedometer favors being a bit higher than actual. There's no real incentive to be completely accurate. You think you're going faster than you really are.

I use Google maps and it's speedometer will read about 53-54 when my odometer is at 55.

As for the dte, remember that's the tank size.you also have the fill tube up to the nozzle. That's at least another quart or two.