First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased a microSD card to USB-C adapter for MP3 music. A 16GB card will not read but a 4GB card will. Not sure about an 8GB.
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How big is the drive? I seem to recall someone saying there was limit to how big the drive could be. Not positive, but that seems right.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Insert the card into a device capable of reading it.

Transfer the mp3 files onto a thumb drive and use that to plug into the USB port.

(Bonus: moderate storage USB thumb drives are WAY less pricey than a microSD.)

Last edited:

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if anyone has been successful, but I purchased a microSD card to USB-C adapter on Amazon and loaded some MP3 music on the card. The USB-C port will not read or play the music. Shows files not supported.
The manual does state it will play MP3’s?
To be on the safe side, the mini sd should be formatted Fat32. If that doesn't fix it, get a usb or usb-c drive (formatted with Fat32) and dump the files there. there is a free utility you can google called IM-magic partition resizer you can use to reformat any drive to Fat32. It does other stuff too. But it should help.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Randy H.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How big is the drive? I seem to recall someone saying there was limit to how big the drive could be. Not positive, but that seems right.
I think you are correct. So far I have confirmed a 4Gb SD card in a standard USB adapter works in the USB-A port. I will try a few different size thumb drives today, I have some old 8 & 16GB in a box. I also ordered a 4GB microSD to try again in the USB-C adapter.
The intent is to have my MP3 music through the USB-C while my iPhone is connected to the USB-A

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are correct. So far I have confirmed a 4Gb SD card in a standard USB adapter works in the USB-A port. I will try a few different size thumb drives today, I have some old 8 & 16GB in a box. I also ordered a 4GB microSD to try again in the USB-C adapter.
The intent is to have my MP3 music through the USB-C while my iPhone is connected to the USB-A
No problems whatsoever encountered using a 128GB thumb drive in either port.

As I have no devices of any sort with a USB C plug, picked up a female USB A to male USB C adapter and keep the USB drive with my music on it plugged into that, leaving the USB A port free for anything else.

OP
OP
Randy H.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Confirmed, the USB-A will accept and read at least a 16GB thumb drive (biggest one I have right now). The USB-C will not read (it does read the MP3 files on my laptop)

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know about the USB-C but USB-A plug can accept external regular or even SSD drives up to at least 2T and can recognize drive formats like NTFS and EXT4 which is used for Linux machines. I know because I've plugged a few in to see if it could recognize them. It will also play higher bitrate and sample rate .flac files like 24 bit / 96000 Hz. Whether it plays those at their native formats or resamples them I don't know.

Ford audio also leaves a config file on the drive and if you look at it, they don't play the files off the USB drives but create the equivalent of a tmp partition in memory and load the files in there from the drive and play them that way.
Sponsored

Last edited: