Sponsored

Solved: Carrying tools on the back seat without damaging the upholstery -- pet car seat cover

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use my Maverick for rental property management and maintenance. I go to the Depot store frequently with my tools and don't want them stolen. I didn't want a bed cover and I don't want to tear the upholstery getting tool boxes in and out. Solution: I purchased a quilted hammock style car seat cover intended for dogs. The hammock style means elastic goes around the front and rear headrests such that the pad forms a "U" shape - tools don't fall off the seat. I still have space under the pad in the rear seat footwell for tools, etc. The pad has a couple of pockets for stray tools and when not in use, the pad fits in the rear seat storage bin.
Source: Chewy.com for under $35.00
Ford Maverick Solved: Carrying tools on the back seat without damaging the upholstery -- pet car seat cover Seat cover with tools
Ford Maverick Solved: Carrying tools on the back seat without damaging the upholstery -- pet car seat cover Seat cover box
Sponsored

westyman71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly what I need...not only for tools, etc..., but the 2 cocker spaniels we own for when we go "bye, bye" (the dogs LOVE hearing that phrase)
Take care and best wishes,
Chuck

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. Why not just flip the seat up though?

OP
OP
Oscarcat

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. Why not just flip the seat up though?
Flip the seat up = I tried that but the seat bottom takes up space, there was still the liklihood of tearing the upholstery and stuff fell to the rear floor. The "U" shape of the pad means there are no openings into which things can fall. There is a wide flat surface with the pad. The weight of my electric leaf blower didn't cause any issues. Working well for my needs.

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Flip the seat up = I tried that but the seat bottom takes up space, there was still the liklihood of tearing the upholstery and stuff fell to the rear floor. The "U" shape of the pad means there are no openings into which things can fall. There is a wide flat surface with the pad. The weight of my electric leaf blower didn't cause any issues. Working well for my needs.
Good stuff. I was just wondering. Ive often wondered why they made this truck without a plastic backed seat lol

OP
OP
Oscarcat

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good stuff. I was just wondering. Ive often wondered why they made this truck without a plastic backed seat lol
Plastic backed seat = Yes, good question. Even carpet or rubber mat material would help. However, when the seat back is folded it does not fold even close to flat. And I determined that items would slide off into neverland. Plus, I don't want to damage the motor that powers the sliding rear window. All things considered, the hammock style doggie mat provided the best utility for under $35. WeatherTech also sells them but they are pricey.
Sponsored