Sponsored

Sold my Hybrid Mav, now moving to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pics of the Tesla you bought would be helpful.

If I ever get my MY23 XL my plan is to keep it less than the 3 year warranty and buy a new Maverick with more features, hopefully a full electric.

Good luck!
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
👋 Bye! Good Luck!

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its why my Hybrid would put 10% of the HV battery back INTO the HV battery via the ICE while going UP my driveway.

Why is that an issue?

Its why rain poors in the back doors when you open them.

How does rain POUR in the back doors? When it's raining, my whole truck gets wet.

Its why the infotainment system is glitchy.

Ok, sometimes I have to press the button twice. Oh the humanity!

Its why Felt is used in the inner fender wells/underneath (and yes Tesla uses solid plastic).

The Maverick has plastic ones too. The front ones have felt over the plastic to reduce road noise.

I doubt you ever owned one, 22 pushed behind 23? No 23s have hit the road yet.

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, you seem pretty frustrated with your Maverick and it really is a dirt cheap vehicle built to a price, but most people realize that when they put their money down. Hell, the Maverick I have coming is exactly 1/2 the price of the F150 I have coming and they are both XLT Lux package 4wd!
Wouldn’t it be cheaper to just buy an extended Ford service plan? I’ve always used them on my new Fords due to how many miles I drive per year. With 100k miles of coverage, first day rental and key/lights coverage, I literally worry about nothing on my trucks.
Bolt, Maverick, Tesla - Grape, Apple, Orange. Same comparison. Maybe one where batteries exploded will have a good front end.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
, seeRichard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 Mustang 5.0 co
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I hope all of you folks who have had the Maverick for a while and are disgruntled, can find your piece of mind. I'd like to think you did not have to wait like so many of us. There's a reason many of us waited for the second year. It's understood by most that there is risk in buying any first year vehicle. I hope you enjoyed having a unique, rare and desirable vehicle and sorry it has not worked out. Here's to better days and better vehicles to come for all, both those trading and those waiting.

Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Bolt EUV love it. The monthly is about the same as I was paying for our CR-V in gas. Electricity costs is coming in at $100 a month to run it. Got it at MSRP and couldn't be happier. Heated and ventilated seats are so nice with remote start now that it is cold in the mornings. I drive a rx350 and mine does not have that. Only thing I don't like is the wireless android auto such a pain as it fights between my phone and wife's phone when I drive it. Also it randomly disconnects. Wish it was just wired. I drove a Tesla for the first time this year via turo rental it was fun. But not double the price of a bolt fun. The glass roof was annoying during the summer super hot don't know why they couldn't make some kind of retractable cover. The biggest benefit for the Tesla is the network. It was flawless and easy to use. Just pull up and charge. Super fast charging compared to our EUV. But wife is happy to not go to the gas station now with 2 kids. So convenient. Happy medium right now would be plugin hybrid. I liked the Volt I had but it was too low and my knees didn't like getting in and out of it. If it was a SUV I'd probably be driving it still but made $7500 on it so can't complain.

Getting a wrecked Tesla over a new Maverick is a head scratcher. Good luck selling it as it will be on the car fax. Major damage can only be fixed by Tesla so that's going to cost a fortune. I wouldn't touch an EV that's been in an accident. Can you say thermal runaway?

Status
Not open for further replies.