Sponsored

So your Mav won’t get built….What’s your Plan B?

The Flush

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Goodness........do you really have 4 Mavs on order? Different dealers?
I have 1 hybrid and 1 EB on order with the same dealer.

I purchased a Maverick that became available from that same dealer.

You'll have to figure out the other one.
Sponsored

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think if you can wait it out all Eco's and more Hybrids than Ford first said will be built by Sept ,Oct

My plan B was a Subaru Crosstrek Sport.

Just my 2cents.

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
I have 1 hybrid and 1 EB on order with the same dealer.

I purchased a Maverick that became available from that same dealer.

You'll have to figure out the other one.
Ahhh.......yes......did not see that "Eruption Green" detail hiding in there. 🤦‍♂️

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 6 month wait combined with the various and numerous problems people are having with their new Mavs, the inability to get repair parts if the Mav needs them, and number of terrible dealerships Ford continues to do business with has helped me decide that my plan A is to keep my current vehicle, and say to hell with any new Ford product, at least for the time being while they care only about cost/quality cutting on gas vehicles to maximize short term profits and subsidize their failing EV division.

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll likely keep driving my current hybrid crossover. I've had it since new just over 4 years now with 55,600 miles on it.
I owe 1/3 of what I'd have to finance on the Mav at an interest rate below 3% which will be very hard to get in the current economy.

Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Greetings all. Like many of you I’m exasperated about the strong possibility my ordered ‘23 Maverick Lariat hybrid won’t get built. But with my current ride heading into the 9th inning, I have to be realistic. My Plan B is a Honda CRV Sport Touring or a Mazda CX-5. What’s yours?
Sienna

Tomnause

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought a Corolla Le hybrid to hold me over while I WAIT... Would rather get a plug in version of Maverck Hybrid when they become available... Have a order for my xlt hybrid, area 51, lux pack, sibl, 360, moon roof, rear slider, CONSTRAINT CITY plus dealer gave me a bad # on order priority 15 , But i'm only the 2nd order at this small dealer.

Last edited:

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Either Kia Niro or Escape hybrid, either would be used, based on my budget. I gotta have a hybrid by year end. The Niro gets better MPG, but my local Kia dealerships sucks, I would hate to have to take it there for service.

But if I have to go to plan B you're going to hear an old woman in Alabama crying, cuz an SUV is just not what I want.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm fortunate in that I already own a '22 Maverick XL. It's not the truck I wanted, but was the truck I needed at the time. The '23 Maverick XLT FX4 I have on order is the truck I want, but don't necessarily need. If it can't get built, I will continue driving my '22 and maybe consider another small truck when Ford has more competition in that market.

twracing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan, 2022 Chevy Trailblazer RS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll just keep driving what I have now. My current daily is a 2005 Nissan Titan. Only 90k miles. It’s a great ride other than the 12mpg I get.
Ford Maverick So your Mav won’t get built….What’s your Plan B? 07D8D835-30AA-43DE-8428-0AF7987528EC

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 6 month wait combined with the various and numerous problems people are having with their new Mavs, the inability to get repair parts if the Mav needs them, and number of terrible dealerships Ford continues to do business with has helped me decide that my plan A is to keep my current vehicle, and say to hell with any new Ford product, at least for the time being while they care only about cost/quality cutting on gas vehicles to maximize short term profits and subsidize their failing EV division.
What happened to this guy?
I'm getting ready to buy a competitor product in 9-12 months if the Mav doesn't arrive.
My current lease is due in a year. I ordered the Maverick now, expecting it to *hopefully* arrive in a year.
I ordered from the number one volume dealer in the world.

I fully expect a 9 to 12 month wait.

Last edited:

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Late fall of 2021 I replaced my wifes aging 200K plus miles 2011 Sienna with a used 2019 Mazda CX9. I was driving a 2017 Fusion Sport at the time, plus I had a 2018 F150 I use mostly for work or heavy towing duty ( we have boats, jet skis, camper, etc... so a lot of towing going on here )

Replaced the F150 with a new F250 in April of last year. Needed a bigger truck cause we sold our 28 foot camper and got a 40 foot fifth wheel.

Then late 2022, bought the wife a Toyota highlander... Wife has picky tastes and did NOT like the styling of the Mazda and wanted a highlander all along, so I gave in and replaced the Mazda with the highlander.

Then I decided to sell my Fusion and keep the Mazda for myself till I get a Maverick. I was expecting the Maverick to come by summer, but at this point I have fallen in love with the Maxda. I love the styling, love how it drives and handles, The interior is super nice and feels very upscale, and it gets high 20's to low 30's MPG. I am content with the Mazda to continue driving it for the foreseeable future. If and when one of the Mavericks I ordered ( ordered 2 different trim level Hybrids ) is built I will sell the Mazda after I pick up the maverick, or if at some point later this year pricing on used mavericks or new ones customers turned down at the dealer are at or under MSRP, I will go ahead and buy one. I would not pay a penny over MSRP for one though. And I wouldn't buy a EcoBoost one either...

I am buying a maverick as much for the hybrid MPG as I am for the fact that it is a truck. I have no interest in replacing this mazda which has turned out to be a incredibly awesome vehicle for another vehicle that gets the same or worse MPG, And is a big downgrade in fit and finish and interior quality, and likely overall build quality just to have a tiny truck bed.

Sadly we bought the Mazda at the height of the covid pricing. Paid 32 grand for it with 30K on it in November 2021. Put a ton of money down on it and been making several $5000 payments, so I only owe about 6 grand on it at the moment. Was sad to look up KBB values and did some of those carvana / carmax / vroom buy my car offers to see what it was worth a few months ago and its only worth around 23-24 grand. So disappointed it has lost a fair amount of value in compared to what we paid for it.... But, I can tell you folks that if you were in the market for looking for a hell of a nice vehicle to buy used, to replace a old aging vehicle you were hoping to replace with a new Maverick... And your sick of waiting for your order to be built... If you can find a CX9, 2017 or newer, it is a hell of a lot of vehicle for the money.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Mazda CX-5 is beautiful.

I didn't have the patience to wait for my original Hybrid order, I was sure it would never be built, so plan B was to overpay for an EcoBoost on a dealer's lot.

In my area, Autotrader shows that most dealers are asking $10K over MSRP. Go in there and dicker with them near the end of the month. It may be worth a try.

Based on the way Ford is not offering any price protection for MY24, I think the MSRP will go up by at least 10% for the next model year.
If you are willing to take a plane ride, you can find either EB or Hybrid for about $3K over MSRP. I bought one for my wife at one dealer and an EB for me at second dealer and keep in contact with both dealers. My Lariat Hybrid got built so sold my EB for what I paid for it 5 months ago. PM me and I will send you some names and phone numbers.

Hansolo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick So your Mav won’t get built….What’s your Plan B? 16208E40-4667-42E6-B21D-8FFF2BA0980B
Ford Maverick So your Mav won’t get built….What’s your Plan B? 16208E40-4667-42E6-B21D-8FFF2BA0980B
I guess Keep driving this 16 Canyon V6 4X4 . 23mpg average . It’s going to be a long cool summer on the Oregon Coast.
Sponsored