Sponsored

So your Mav won’t get built….What’s your Plan B?

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Trooper; '04 9-3; '13 Outback; '24 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Greetings all. Like many of you I’m exasperated about the strong possibility my ordered ‘23 Maverick Lariat hybrid won’t get built. But with my current ride heading into the 9th inning, I have to be realistic. My Plan B is a Honda CRV Sport Touring or a Mazda CX-5. What’s yours?
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
keep driving my Raptor 😢

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just waiting on a recall...

Ford Maverick So your Mav won’t get built….What’s your Plan B? 20230316_183452

Oh, and I'm a one-and-done. If for some reason I never get scheduled, I'm out. No reason the EBs don't all get built.

Last edited:

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well since I was not informed last Thursday that I would be getting my Hybrid Lariat soon I went ahead and put a new cylinder head on the old VW pickup. It is a 1981 and only has about 143,000 miles on it. So by the time I need to do that again I should be able to order and recieve a new Maverick.

At least I would hope so. I am hoping that for those of us that don't get our 23 Maverick built we will get carried over to 24. That is a hope, a wish, and needs a prayer to probably get done.

I have a 96 Ranger that I also own and that does the heavy hauling when I need to. Between the two rigs I can keep my driving costs down but the comfort level is starting to wear on me. I really want that new truck and then I can move these others to the next truck lover to take care of them.

Sponsored

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Greetings all. Like many of you I’m exasperated about the strong possibility my ordered ‘23 Maverick Lariat hybrid won’t get built. But with my current ride heading into the 9th inning, I have to be realistic. My Plan B is a Honda CRV Sport Touring or a Mazda CX-5. What’s yours?
Volvo V60 T5 Platinum trim wagon (2015 - 2018). I've always been a fan of the swede's wagon.

Ford Maverick So your Mav won’t get built….What’s your Plan B? 2015-Volvo-V60-T5-Drive-E-front-three-quarter-in-motion-04

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will stick with my Impreza which is fine with only 33k miles and try my luck ordering again for a 24. Hoping for an Eruption Green option. 🤞

CPNH0722

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We loved our cx-5 and will be buying another one. Awesome car and Mazda styling is shaaaaaarp. And I say we, for my wife, my Maverick will have to be pried from my cold dead hands haha

Optimus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I won’t go through a second ordering process in 2024, rebate or not. Way too long to wait for a vehicle. I can milk our current vehicle (Prius) along until then, and take a hard look at Toyota if the hybrid Stout is indeed released as anticipated. I want to stick with a hybrid for fuel economy, but light towing and a small truck box would be great.

OP
OP

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Volvo V60 T5 Platinum trim wagon (2015 - 2018). I've always been a fan of the swede's wagon.

2015-Volvo-V60-T5-Drive-E-front-three-quarter-in-motion-04.jpg
Beautiful car. If that will be your first Volvo, let's talk. I just want to get you prepared for an adventure of thrills yet heartache.....

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Beautiful car. If that will be your first Volvo, let's talk. I just want to get you prepared for an adventure of thrills yet heartache.....
Do tell. I'd be curious. If money were no object (and of course, it is!) I would LOVE to go out and buy a Volvo V90 Cross Country. First laid eyes on one in 2018. Sharp looking ride - bringing COOL back to wagons!

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm always open to suggestions. Please feel free to enlighten me with any information and/or past experiences.

From what I've researched online and the knowledge I've gained from current owners is, stay away from Volvos from model years 2010 and older, especially the ones that were built under the Blue Ovals (Ford) ownership. I heard those were some of the worst.

Furthermore, a Euro tech from a shop near my residence has complimented the V60 T5 wagon. He recommends I look into the 2017 or 2018. He said Volvo corrected a piston ring issue that plagued the 2015 - 2016.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Mazda CX-5 is beautiful.

I didn't have the patience to wait for my original Hybrid order, I was sure it would never be built, so plan B was to overpay for an EcoBoost on a dealer's lot.

In my area, Autotrader shows that most dealers are asking $10K over MSRP. Go in there and dicker with them near the end of the month. It may be worth a try.

Based on the way Ford is not offering any price protection for MY24, I think the MSRP will go up by at least 10% for the next model year.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Continue to drive my Crosstrek until a Maverick shows up with my name on it. Love my wagon, but in trying to future proof my next vehicle purchase my top priorities are similar size and efficiency, greater towing capacity, and a space that better fits larger cargo. It also needs to be something I like the looks of (sorry Hyundai bros). There is only one option currently.

OP
OP

Huchipapa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do tell. I'd be curious. If money were no object (and of course, it is!) I would LOVE to go out and buy a Volvo V90 Cross Country. First laid eyes on one in 2018. Sharp looking ride - bringing COOL back to wagons!
My wife and I bought a new 1998 S70. It was a little tank - solid, hugely comfortable, not greatly powerful but certainly able to get 'life' done. I loved that thing. Around 60k miles (4 years) things started to go horribly wrong with it; electrical, mechanical, you name it. By the time we threw in the towel at 70k miles it needed a complete ABS system, the central computer 'brain' for the car, and most AC components. We traded it in on a Toyota.

If you are mechanically minded, you can most likely handle a lot of the challenges that arose for us should they arise for you. I am not mechanical at all, so my check writing hand got sore.....
Sponsored