Sponsored

So should I opt to remove hitch on my baredone hybrid order?

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So my order is XLT Hybrid and only addon is the hitch.

Should I just remove it? sure, I may or may not tow, but to me a chance of getting it sooner, if not a chance of gettig it at all is more imporant than the hitch.

what are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did, for better or worse. Honestly, I only added the hitch because it was so cheap, compared to aftermarket, but it's probably been 20 years since I actually towed anything, and I don't anticipate needing it down the road.

Somebody here did a calculation that said you increased your odds about 30%, of being one of the 50% of the hybrids that are actually going to get built, by removing the hitch. I have no idea if that's correct, but since it was the only add-on, I had no issue removing it. Time will tell I suppose.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
There is more to a hitch than just towing. The accessories available that use a hitch receiver make having one really handy. Especially on the Mav since it has such a short bed even with the tailgate down.

I have the hitch on my Mav and no way would I ever consider buying one without one. IMO it should not even have been an option on the Mav but standard equipment on all trims.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good only 10,000 more of y'all to remove it! :eek:P

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should not! It is extremely expensive to add later and there is a better than good chance you’ll get built.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I personally think you should order what you want and let Ford determine whether if it is buildable. As others have mentioned in other threads, hitches are very low hanging fruit in terms of parts. I think the 4-pin would be the more difficult part to source more of.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is a great hitch. Electronics even tell you when the lights are out on the trailer and you get the towing m

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
to me a chance of getting it sooner, if not a chance of gettig it at all is more imporant than the hitch.
I think you answered your own question there. :)

Only you can decide but I absolutely would not remove it. It's not just the hitch but also the wiring and so on. Personally, I ordered what I want and I'll wait. But I have no urgent need for a new vehicle so waiting is not a problem for me.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not taking mine off. BUT if you do U-haul has one for $240. Its rather easy to install I watched the video. Lights would make it harder though, I want to for bed extended no lights needed.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should not! It is extremely expensive to add later and there is a better than good chance you’ll get built.
You are in the seeet spot with an XLT order without any LUX or CP360 options. The hitch was not a HIGH constraint item.

Now with that said, we know there where more Hybrids order than they can build so you may not get your truck regardless of how you ordered it.

So what do you have to lose. Good Luck!

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it comes down to how much necessary getting a Maverick in a timely matter is for you vs how important the tow hitch is. If the hitch would be useful, and your current car is all good then I'd leave it on there. I opted to remove mine because I'm driving a 2002 CRV, and I've yet to tow anything or need any accessories that would use one. So my need for a timely delivery outweighs the usefulness of a hitch.

Mac.dog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep it! Just like you I ordered a bare bones Hybrid XLT with tow hitch as the only option. Scheduled for production 12/19.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For what it's worth I'm planning to install my own. Can't beat the $100 factory price but I wasn't willing to wait when I can weld/fabricate my own if necessary.

Plus, at $225(ish) I can justify the additional cost versus wait and make my own harness too.

I understand many don't know which end of a wrench to turn though, so my views are likely different than most.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So my order is XLT Hybrid and only addon is the hitch.

Should I just remove it? sure, I may or may not tow, but to me a chance of getting it sooner, if not a chance of gettig it at all is more imporant than the hitch.

what are your thoughts?
$100 now vs $500 or more later for an aftermarket part and installation. Not only that the aftermarket one won't be integrated into the display cluster. Frankly i.m.o. it is stupid to not buy a pickup truck without a trailer hitch especially for that price of $100 installed. A trailer hitch with bed extender is one of the more useful things to have if you ever load that bed with anything over 8 ft long. About 3 trips pays for the bed extender and trailer hitch vs. having to pay to have material like that shipped from a Lowes or Home Depot.
Sponsored