Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
We've had 1-2" of snow here in Michigan the past week and can confirm the Michelins are not great in the snow. The AWD makes it easy enough to go, but stopping and turning were less than desirable. Have X-Ice winter tires on order and the guys in the tire shop were a little surprised Ford had chosen the Primacy as the stock tire.
This is why the first thing I am doing whenever the truck arrives is replacing the Primacy tires. With only FWD I’ll need something much better in the event of any kind of real winter weather. Expensive tires but crappy in bad weather. Will take them off and sell on Craigslist and replace with a true 3MPSF tire.
Sponsored

MAVelous

First Name
Phin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL
Anyone that knows the climate in Vancouver BC Can knows that this is an unusual sight. Both the Maverick and the snow are rare sightings in these parts.

Went for a short road trip out to Fort Langley for lunch and a bit of business. This little truck likes the snow.

IMG_20211230_085026.jpg

IMG_20211230_085524.jpg

IMG_20211230_105305.jpg
Great stuff!

OP
OP
Phranc68

Phranc68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ram 3500, Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone that knows the climate in Vancouver BC Can knows that this is an unusual sight. Both the Maverick and the snow are rare sightings in these parts.

Went for a short road trip out to Fort Langley for lunch and a bit of business. This little truck likes the snow.

IMG_20211230_085026.jpg

IMG_20211230_085524.jpg

IMG_20211230_105305.jpg
I find the Alto Blue to be a superior color for snow.

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fx4 Lariat up in Colorado for the holiday, I’ve got Cooper At3 4s 235/65. Absolute performers so far.

Was up in Copper Mountain for the past week, storm came thru over the past few days and dumped 15 or so inches.

Drive back was 3-5% grade drop on 70 to Evergreen yesterday, 60 miles, road conditions were not good and I was basically able to do whatever I wanted in slippery mode. Was easily keeping up with the bigger trucks on the road.

Then back in evergreen had to climb an aggressive hill with packed / icy snow and the climb was absolutely no problem, and I tested going fast and slow.

Also tested hill descent mode and L mode on some downhills / curves with packed snow. L performs as expected, keeping speed low without breaking and keeping RPM’s high/power available under 30mph.

hill descent is pretty awesome too if you really need to creep down. Quick tip you can use the +set/-set to control the speed without using brake/gas’s pedal as long as you have cruise OFF. Otherwise it’s controlled with only gas or break and holds wherever you set it as long as it’s below 20mph.

overall very impressed, excited to use mud/ruts and sand mode in deeper snow!

Sponsored

Grayhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
Undecided
I see your at the "bird cemetery"......AREA51 rocks

Hey Greyhawk! Can you get us a shot with your Mav on the Beartooth Highway?

I love that road.
One it comes and Bear Tooth is open again next spring. If I am up that way I will certainly take a picture.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have snow in Western Washington! Local coverage and a few days of skiing means the Maverick has been in snow for a few days straight.

It's been a solid, safe performer.

I have been using the Snow/Slippery drive mode. I have the Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires.

Having lived in Wyoming as a teenager, I learned to drive in snow and generally crappy conditions. I'm comfortable driving in snow whether the car I am is or not.

The Maverick is definitely comfortable in the snow. I was worried about lack of weight over the rear wheels but so far this has not been the issue I've had in other trucks (including my Ram 3500). The few times I forced the rear end to drift I was able to bring it back in line no problem.

The weather is supposed to stay cold, so road conditions will deteriorate and get icier, we'll see how the Maverick does but so far it is very encouraging.

PXL_20211226_215320598.jpg

PXL_20211226_215326855.jpg
Is that snow/slippery mode just available on the AWD models or are those different traction modes standard?

AeroMech21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT (Carbonized Grey)
Is that snow/slippery mode just available on the AWD models or are those different traction modes standard?
I was mistaken... slippery mode is available as a standard mode for all vehicles.*** FX4 just adds mud/ruts, sand and takes away the Eco/Sport.
Sponsored

Last edited: