Sponsored

Dumped / Lowered Maverick pickup preview renderings just wow

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
I might lower mine. It's definitely something that has crossed my mind (just a minimal lowering kit). One thing it will certainly get is a tune.
This is a car to me. A car with a big open trunk area. I have my 2018 F-250 Super Duty for "truck" stuff...
Same here. For me this is a lil AWD turbo 4 sedan with a bed for some zippy backroads, hauling bikes and kayaks or a few sheets of ply or bags of mulch on the weekend. Iā€™ll toss some coils on it and delete some fender gap and put on some light(ish lol!) wheels and sticky rubber and have a hoot looking sharp as all hell! 95% of the time I wonā€™t have a thing in the bed and ill Never install a hitch.

That said I think itā€™s rad some will modify and use their Mavs completely differently than me and make fun little off road utility vehicles out of them!
Sponsored

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Weā€™re talking about a unibody Mav not a Raptor šŸ˜‚. Lowering this ā€œtruckā€ wonā€™t make it completely impractical. A bagged or a sensible static drop and most will be fine.
yeah, I guess I just never understood the trend. Iā€™ll retract the impractical statement. Hey, if I had your knowledge, maybe I would find it cool. Man, I have no idea what ā€œbaggedā€ or a static drop mean, but they sound awfully cool. šŸ¤£

Last edited:

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I like the wheels. Does that count?
In all honesty, I love it. But with extremely bad knees, I couldn't get in or out of it. I'd suffer big time.

One of my favorite shows was Texas Metal the guy in Houston that lowered everything. Forgot the name of the show.

Last edited:

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Even if the body was touching the ground I think the seat height is plenty to get in and out, but then again I don't know your predicament with your knees. My back is destroyed so I understand dealing with mobility issues and getting up/down.

The static dropped black one is more like what I'll do. I dig bagged vehicles but it'll be my daily driver and work vehicle. Has to be totally reliable 100% of the time as I drive about 35k a year.

One thing that the black truck owner said is that he cut the coils and modified the bump stop, but he cut too much and the back sits a little too low.

For me, that's fine. I'm wondering why he didn't add air shocks to the back? An inch of lift plus full load carrying capacity with air.

Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my favorite shows was Texas Metal the guy in Houston that lowered everything. Forgot the name of the show.
Those guys are very talented fabricators, but almost everything they make looks horrific. You just shouldn't stuff 26' wheels under everything (maybe anything).

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
I liked the bagged maverick idea but likely above my budget. It has an interesting look with the rear plastic removed.. Thinking.. Hope they come out with some body kits...

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Even if the body was touching the ground I think the seat height is plenty to get in and out, but then again I don't know your predicament with your knees. My back is destroyed so I understand dealing with mobility issues and getting up/down.

The static dropped black one is more like what I'll do. I dig bagged vehicles but it'll be my daily driver and work vehicle. Has to be totally reliable 100% of the time as I drive about 35k a year.

One thing that the black truck owner said is that he cut the coils and modified the bump stop, but he cut too much and the back sits a little too low.

For me, that's fine. I'm wondering why he didn't add air shocks to the back? An inch of lift plus full load carrying capacity with air.
Torn cartilage that went undiagnosed by the Air Force and Navy for over 5 years. Now there's nothing left. Need one replaced and other one is close carrying the other one for so long.

I saw the black one the other day and commented I thought it needed leveling.

I'd like to see the silver one completed. Looks like he's doing more to it than dropping it.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Torn cartilage that went undiagnosed by the Air Force and Navy for over 5 years. Now there's nothing left. Need one replaced and other one is close carrying the other one for so long.

I saw the black one the other day and commented I thought it needed leveling.

I'd like to see the silver one completed. Looks like he's doing more to it than dropping it.
Thank you for your service, my friend!
Sponsored