Sponsored

Since the price of fuel has gone up so much... how to prevent boost on a Ecoboost?

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So did your son recover?

That Mustang looks familiar,not sure if seen in person or just in a magazine

We would have been around Texas events during the mid to late 90’s

Hmmm….
Sponsored

OP
OP
Charlie Daubitz

Charlie Daubitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD 18" rims Cactus Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So did your son recover?

That Mustang looks familiar,not sure if seen in person or just in a magazine

We would have been around Texas events during the mid to late 90’s

Hmmm….
We raced every weekend weather permitting from 98 through 2004, all around Texas and Ok. No, Chris is a Incomplete Quad today, C4-5 spinal cord damage.

Ford Maverick Since the price of fuel has gone up so much... how to prevent boost on a Ecoboost? 20180401_144111

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you try the Pedal Commander?
I installed one on my hybrid, gained about 7mpg in Eco mode over 1/2 a tank, but it was miserable driving so anemically.

OP
OP
Charlie Daubitz

Charlie Daubitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD 18" rims Cactus Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No I didn't, I'm hoping ford will eventually make ECO mode limit the throttle opening to limit boost and keep the fuel to air ratio in the eco range for best mileage as it's intended. If you want more boost it's just a pushbutton away, (sport mode). It's not a popular attitude here.

luciusxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 for maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have found using the instant fuel economy setting to really help out to show you where the EB is most efficient. The last 650 miles my average (combined) is 31.9 on the gauge. When I hand calculate at the pump, my average is .7mpg lower than the computer reading. I could do better, I like some full throttle acceleration occasionally. I have been using no ethanol 91 for the last 1000 miles.
where would i find the instant fuel economy setting ?

thank you

Last edited:

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have found it in the 'trip 2' window, I don't remember if I was just there or my salesman set it when he was going through every possible display option. I have 'trip 1' set for all time average mpg since new. I am now up to 32.2 average after a 1000 miles.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ecoboost has a "happy place" where it runs at it's most efficiency. It's a combination of boost, rpm, af ratio, load,etc. If you start playing with one you'll mess up the rest. Less boost will only make the engine lug to try and do it's job which will hurt fuel economy every bit as much as a lot of boost and high rpm.
As others mentioned, your greatest aids in maxing your fuel mileage is using ECO mode and your right foot.
The part in red. Eco mode works, so does driving carefully. Keep engine revs low whenever possible.

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No I didn't, I'm hoping ford will eventually make ECO mode limit the throttle opening to limit boost and keep the fuel to air ratio in the eco range for best mileage as it's intended. If you want more boost it's just a pushbutton away, (sport mode). It's not a popular attitude here.
You mean exactly like it does now?

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree completely. I have found the shifting in ECO mode very vague and soft. I have seen the best FE in normal mode and keeping the RPMs low but still a spirited take off up to 2.5K RPM so it shifts smoother. I also have added a VGate VLinker MC+ and Torque Lite to have a boost gauge to watch when needed.
Eco mode=early, low rpm, upshift points=premature torque converter death=premature transmission death=$5000 repair bill

Last edited:

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have found using the instant fuel economy setting to really help out to show you where the EB is most efficient. The last 650 miles my average (combined) is 31.9 on the gauge. When I hand calculate at the pump, my average is .7mpg lower than the computer reading. I could do better, I like some full throttle acceleration occasionally. I have been using no ethanol 91 for the last 1000 miles.
No ethanol 91! You must be a lotto winner. What's that run a gallon in your locale...$7/gallon?

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No ethanol 91! You must be a lotto winner. What's that run a gallon in your locale...$7/gallon?
Today is was $5.43 when I stopped to top off.